• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lamar Jackson

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I love watching this guy play. And I love it that they said he couldn't do it and now he's shoving it in their faces.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I love watching this guy play. And I love it that they said he couldn't do it and now he's shoving it in their faces.

I'm enjoying it while it lasts. With the hits he takes there's a SLIM chance the running game he brings lasts. And Jackson has generally shown VERY little that he can carry a game with his arm.

It would be pretty cool if Jackson has a 99/100 injury Madden rating though. Would change the game dramatically... but I just don't see it happening. He's going to get nailed by someone.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm enjoying it while it lasts. With the hits he takes there's a SLIM chance the running game he brings lasts. And Jackson has generally shown VERY little that he can carry a game with his arm.

It would be pretty cool if Jackson has a 99/100 injury Madden rating though. Would change the game dramatically... but I just don't see it happening. He's going to get nailed by someone.
His throwing is better than I thought. I think he threw 4 or 5 TD passes against the Rams the week prior to the 49er game. I haven't noticed him taking a lot of big hits but I've noticed how fast he is. He was the difference in the game against the 49ers. I hope he stays healthy.
Russell Wilson is another one I admire but I have to root against him because he plays in the 49ers division.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His throwing is better than I thought. I think he threw 4 or 5 TD passes against the Rams the week prior to the 49er game. I haven't noticed him taking a lot of big hits but I've noticed how fast he is. He was the difference in the game against the 49ers. I hope he stays healthy.
Russell Wilson is another one I admire but I have to root against him because he plays in the 49ers division.

Fair enough, friend.

I just think Wilson relies on his run game WAAAAAAY less than Jackson. Jackson is beating teams entirely with his legs (and some pretty good defenses with a surprisingly decent Baltimore defense).

That all said, I do agree 100% his throwing is far better than Vick (he actually adds some touch instead of throwing the ball 200 MPH for a 5 yard route like Vick did where only Crumpler with his massive hands could catch the f'ing thing).

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, friend.

I just think Wilson relies on his run game WAAAAAAY less than Jackson. Jackson is beating teams entirely with his legs (and some pretty good defenses with a surprisingly decent Baltimore defense).

That all said, I do agree 100% his throwing is far better than Vick (he actually adds some touch instead of throwing the ball 200 MPH for a 5 yard route like Vick did where only Crumpler with his massive hands could catch the f'ing thing).

Friend Wilson has thrown 26 tds, Lamar 25 so you can't say he is only doing it with his legs, my friend

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friend Wilson has thrown 26 tds, Lamar 25 so you can't say he is only doing it with his legs, my friend

Yah... so what you're saying is a handicapped man that had his legs blown off in Vietnam will be 'NFL effective'? Ya know Sonny, I didn't want to say anything and call you out in front of the forum, but IMO you've lost your damn mind.

That said, I'll sponsor an organization of your choice. We've known each other for years and I've always known you for great personal hygiene.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah... so what you're saying is a handicapped man that had his legs blown off in Vietnam will be 'NFL effective'? Ya know Sonny, I didn't want to say anything and call you out in front of the forum, but IMO you've lost your damn mind.

That said, I'll sponsor an organization of your choice. We've known each other for years and I've always known you for great personal hygiene.

True dat Shark, I did take a bath only last Friday, it was finally warm outside

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, friend.

Wilson does it all. He is outstanding. He's got that intangible, I guess you call it, where he finds a way to get it done. I can't tell you how irritating its been over the years to have him trapped 8 yards behind the line, nearly sacked and he escapes and throws a 9 yard pass for first down or runs 35 yards.
I'm not saying Jackson is the second coming or anything; just that its fun to watch him play because no one else is currently doing it that way. I'll be interested to see how Jackson develops.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson does it all. He is outstanding. He's got that intangible, I guess you call it, where he finds a way to get it done. I can't tell you how irritating its been over the years to have him trapped 8 yards behind the line, nearly sacked and he escapes and throws a 9 yard pass for first down or runs 35 yards.
I'm not saying Jackson is the second coming or anything; just that its fun to watch him play because no one else is currently doing it that way. I'll be interested to see how Jackson develops.

Agreed entirely. Jackson is a blast to watch, I just think he relies on his run game to such a high degree that once it's gone he'll be useless. I like your last sentence "I'll be interested to see how Jackson develops." That is 100% going to be key for him to be significant in the NFL (IMO).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This guy’s faster.

MY5k.gif