• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Roll Call Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the first one connects, watch Kobe's jersey number drop down. He knee's buckled.

I wont take that opinion. I see Kobe get hit and correct his posture without even realizing that he is indeed under fire. If you ever get a chance choose the dude you about to fuck up in a street fight but you want a challenge, don't choose Kobe.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont take that opinion. I see Kobe get hit and correct his posture without even realizing that he is indeed under fire. If you ever get a chance choose the dude you about to fuck up in a street fight but you want a challenge, don't choose Kobe.

They guy took a clip from Kobe's rookie years something like 16 years ago to talk about so that he could make his fantasies appear to be correct. Obviously he has chosen to ignore the next 16 years of toughness, durability and ability to stand up against anyone. So much for expecting him to use common sense or logic.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAKERS!!! LAKERS!!! LAKERS!!!:hammer:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the first one connects, watch Kobe's jersey number drop down. He knee's buckled.

Not 1 single rational minded objective poster would ever question Kobe's toughness. You want to criticize other things - we will surely disagree, but go ahead. Make an objective argument and we can debate and show you why you are wrong. But again - no rational objective poster would question his toughness.

So - what does that say about you?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:
Not 1 single rational minded objective poster would ever question Kobe's toughness. You want to criticize other things - we will surely disagree, but go ahead. Make an objective argument and we can debate and show you why you are wrong. But again - no rational objective poster would question his toughness.

After considerable thought I have come to the conclusion that it is un-American to hate the Lakers. No honest American would ever hate on Kobe year after year like that

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not questioning Kobe's toughness. Didn't imply that whatsoever. All I said was that Childs made his knees buckle after the 1-2 combo.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not questioning Kobe's toughness. Didn't imply that whatsoever. All I said was that Childs made his knees buckle after the 1-2 combo.

Did that make you feel like a man - to think Kobe's knees buckled? Did it gratify Childs to act like a school yard punk?

Just curious

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did that make you feel like a man - to think Kobe's knees buckled? Did it gratify Childs to act like a school yard punk?

Just curious
Not at all.

But in Childs defense, what that gif doesn't show is Kobe giving him a forearm / elbow to the mouth before the punches were thrown.

Did that gratify Kobe to act like a school yard punk?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all.

But in Childs defense, what that gif doesn't show is Kobe giving him a forearm / elbow to the mouth before the punches were thrown.

Did that gratify Kobe to act like a school yard punk?

Wait a minute - in your first response - you were calling Kobe out because his knees buckled when attacked by Childs - now you're saying that Kobe acted the a school yard punk?:wtf2: That's a bit hypocritical if you ask me.

By the way since you love Childs so much, How many championships has he won for his respective teams?:lol: I assume that's why you keep jumping into his shorts

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing - Since Childs by your own admission door prize is the one that attacked Kobe so hard that "HIS KNEES BUCKLED" - I have no problem with Kobe defending himself with an his elbow to his jaw. It's a natural movement for a player that is trying to protect his face and eyes from morons like Childs. Karl Malone used to do it all of the time. Funny how now one ever complained about him doing that

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to bring the old roll thread back to life again just to remind everyone that no other thread has survived like it. Just saying

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup...

Lakers fanship never dies. it just improves like fine wine...:suds:

either that or it will mirror Dr. Jerry Buss....one of the best in the business, and hung on for a long time and created a dynasty that will always be remembered......but eventually died.

I dunno- i likeDan Gilbert because he is a self made man.....it seems that jimmy dolan and jimmy buss did not have to swing the pick to strike gold- and we shall see if they can ever get it going.

I will tell you- i never thought i would see the day where the Clippers were clearly the better and more popular team in Los Angeles and that would last for multiple years.

This offseason for the Lakers is the most important one since the Shaq/Kobe decision in my mind.---- with Randle and say Russell- (and i think Russel would be a great fit- its SO hard to find a SF in free agency- you can find PGs everywhere- and you take Russel only if Towns and Okafor are gone- but id have him #3 on the board)....

Randle and Russell would be a great place to start.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either that or it will mirror Dr. Jerry Buss....one of the best in the business, and hung on for a long time and created a dynasty that will always be remembered......but eventually died.

I dunno- i likeDan Gilbert because he is a self made man.....it seems that jimmy dolan and jimmy buss did not have to swing the pick to strike gold- and we shall see if they can ever get it going.

I will tell you- i never thought i would see the day where the Clippers were clearly the better and more popular team in Los Angeles and that would last for multiple years.

This offseason for the Lakers is the most important one since the Shaq/Kobe decision in my mind.---- with Randle and say Russell- (and i think Russel would be a great fit- its SO hard to find a SF in free agency- you can find PGs everywhere- and you take Russel only if Towns and Okafor are gone- but id have him #3 on the board)....

Randle and Russell would be a great place to start.

funny. better team maybe. more POPULAR?? clearly you don't know what it's like in this town...

as far as going forward we'll see. but THIS Lakers fan will be one 'til the day he dies...as would any true Lakers fan...

been one since '70. and it'll never change...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny. better team maybe. more POPULAR?? clearly you don't know what it's like in this town...

as far as going forward we'll see. but THIS Lakers fan will be one 'til the day he dies...as would any true Lakers fan...

been one since '70. and it'll never change...

Exactly. Even now, with the Clippers about to make the playoffs and the Lakers trying to collect ping pong balls, pretty much all of the talk on sports radio out here is about what the Lakers will do in the off season, not what the Clippers will do in the playoffs.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11071025_783547175067149_3215851928559356337_n.jpg

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Even now, with the Clippers about to make the playoffs and the Lakers trying to collect ping pong balls, pretty much all of the talk on sports radio out here is about what the Lakers will do in the off season, not what the Clippers will do in the playoffs.

This is why I think its actually smart that they're bringing in two NFL teams at the same time. I think the initial divide will be pretty evenly split... where as if they brought in 1 and later a 2nd... it would be hard for the 2nd team to carve out a fanbase.

Clippers were an expansion team that didn't get to LA until Showtime was already in full swing. They never had a chance.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I think its actually smart that they're bringing in two NFL teams at the same time. I think the initial divide will be pretty evenly split... where as if they brought in 1 and later a 2nd... it would be hard for the 2nd team to carve out a fanbase.

Clippers were an expansion team that didn't get to LA until Showtime was already in full swing. They never had a chance.

This is true. When the Clips were in San Diego, they were obsessed with moving to Los Angeles. There were no new arena's so they moved in the old L.A. Sports Arena which was a dump. When The Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim (now the Honda Center) started being constructed and the Anaheim Ducks were being formed as an NHL expansion team, the City of Anaheim (and really all of Orange County) all but begged the Clippers to move there.

They envisioned a situation like the Lakers and Kings had at the Forum. The Clippers even used to play a few games a season at the Pond and always sold out or close to it. Clippers games at the Sports Arena were so poorly attended that you could buy the cheapest tickets, sit anywhere you wanted and there was literally zero lines at the concession stands. The Clippers used to even advertise other teams stars to sell tickets.

I've never understood why they didn't move to an area that actually wanted them, to stay in L.A. where no one wanted them.

Last edited:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone say that the Clippers were clearly the more popular team in Los Angeles? Certainly better, but not more popular.

On the radio there's still much more chatter about the Lakers. The Lakers TV ratings are still better. Have you watched a Clippers home game? The crowd cheers more for the visiting team than the Clippers a lot of time. Blake Griffin has even bitched about that.

I have confidence that the Lakers will right the ship. With all that Microsoft money, can the Clippers sustain a level of success?

Status
Not open for further replies.