• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers bout to give the sixers their 1st win

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things could change depending on what happens this season, but right now Ben Simmons looks like the obvious candidate for Philly at #1 overall, assuming they win the lottery, which is not safe to assume.

LSU is losing with Simmons though, which raises the question of whether he is really good enough to carry a team in the NBA or just a nice complimentary player.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess i'm gonna have to start watching this kid more...

CL, I think he had like 20pts/ 20 boards in his first game.

I am 100% sure the Lakers will get then#1 pick this summer.

How do I know?

Because the basketball Gods HATE me.
:les:

Last edited by a moderator:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons kind of resembles a poor man's Lebron at this stage, or maybe more of a Lamar Odom/OJ Mayo. But he has very high upside.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things could change depending on what happens this season, but right now Ben Simmons looks like the obvious candidate for Philly at #1 overall, assuming they win the lottery, which is not safe to assume.

LSU is losing with Simmons though, which raises the question of whether he is really good enough to carry a team in the NBA or just a nice complimentary player.

Mean, its like the 6th game of the Season.

But, I get your point.

Jimmer and Adam Morrison put up huge numbers and look how that turned out.

Difference is, this mid is an athletic freak.

I love the fact that he hits the boards hard even when his scoring isn't there

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show-be Bryant:

7-26 FG
4-17 3pt
+/- -21

Most shots ever for 20 points. Only got to the line twice.

But he is that much closer to Kareem for all time most points in the NBA :tsk:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mean, its like the 6th game of the Season.

But, I get your point.

Jimmer and Adam Morrison put up huge numbers and look how that turned out.

Difference is, this mid is an athletic freak.

I love the fact that he hits the boards hard even when his scoring isn't there

Everything I've read, he sounds like a great kid. Even going to LSU (instead of Ky, NC, Duke) says something. (had to do with family connections ... godfather I think)

I've only seen highlights from 2 games -- but everything looked good. He passed the ball and didn't force anything. He reminded me of Kevin Durant (his body and skills ... but not the freak shooter that KD is).

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I've read, he sounds like a great kid. Even going to LSU (instead of Ky, NC, Duke) says something. (had to do with family connections ... godfather I think)

I've only seen highlights from 2 games -- but everything looked good. He passed the ball and didn't force anything. He reminded me of Kevin Durant (his body and skills ... but not the freak shooter that KD is).

Yep.

Even in the loss his last game, he still pulled down 18 boards.

If the worst thing folks can say about this kid is that he's too unselfish, he is a lock to go top 2 in the draft.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I really don't see superstar potential in him simply because I can't imagine him being able to put up an efficient 20+ a night because of his shooting.

....but I love his game. It is nuts to say but all these overseas kids are a breath of fresh air in the NBA as they actually play the game the right way.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers were favored going into the game.
thats still just unbelievable to me- that the Sixers were FAVORED- but Vegas knows best I guess.....after reading about that- Id keep Scott all year- that gives you the best chance to get that top 3 pick.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repeat after me:

A ton of cap space and Ben Simmons, Ben Simmons, Ben Simmons. :cheer2:

Rinse and repeat.

Cap space is supremely overrated for the Sixers for two reason:

1) Having to overpay average players to join because of such a shitty organization.

2) Every team has money to spend now and all marquee free agents will opt for better situations.

The Sixers have no foundation. They can throw max dollars at the top guys and none will bite because what reason do they have to? They'll end up having to throw big money at fringe free agents, and will likely land in a perpetual cycle of suck.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Having to overpay average players to join because of such a shitty organization.

2) Every team has money to spend now and all marquee free agents will opt for better situations.

The Sixers have no foundation. They can throw max dollars at the top guys and none will bite because what reason do they have to? They'll end up having to throw big money at fringe free agents, and will likely land in a perpetual cycle of suck.

Agree.

They will have to acquire guys by trade or pay the Dion Waiters of the world max money.

But, I was talking about the Lakers in my post

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

They will have to acquire guys by trade or pay the Dion Waiters of the world max money.

But, I was talking about the Lakers in my post

Oops, obv didn't read the previous posts.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the way they will build is to cash in some of their young players & picks and get 1-2 established NBA stars (or close to 'star' level). Then after this -- they would have much better chance to sign a free agent or two.

There are some speculations going around about potential trades -- they make sense.