• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Back On Track Now With Huge Move!

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Gasol over boozer any day and twice on game day

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Boozer on board, I've upgraded the likely win total from 32ish to 37. So we'll likely be average to hohum but at the very least, watchable.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the youth movement the Lakers are doing.

You gotta figure a couple of these guys are going to turn into good players.

I like the Boozer pickup because he can teach Randle and Davis a few things.

Lin is better than any PG the Lakers have had for quite some time. At least he can stay in front on the opponents PG's instead of being a turn style like the rest have been.

I don't see a 6th ring for Kobe happening since he is eating up a HUGE chunk of cap space to get any other significant player(s) on the team, but the future for the Lakers looks better now than it did before.

Btw, looks like Love may just be a pipe dream as the Cavs are willing to trade Wiggins to get him.

Looks like Bron is going to have another Superteam to get him some more rings. And, of course, he will get ALL the credit if it happens. UGH! This guy is incredible. Jumps ship when he couldn't do it with the Cavs after they signed every guy he wanted. Then, he jumps ship after the Heat don't win "not 5, not 6, not 7..." And goes back to the Cavs who've had 3 of the last 4 #1 picks ( because he bailed on them in the first place ), and now may team with Love and Irving to form another Big 3 to get more rings.

Ridiculous how much the media swoons over this guy.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not all that excited about Boozer. I mean he can come off the bench and contribute, but we have a logjam of big men when that money could of been used elsewhere

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the youth movement the Lakers are doing.

You gotta figure a couple of these guys are going to turn into good players.

I like the Boozer pickup because he can teach Randle and Davis a few things.

Lin is better than any PG the Lakers have had for quite some time. At least he can stay in front on the opponents PG's instead of being a turn style like the rest have been.

I don't see a 6th ring for Kobe happening since he is eating up a HUGE chunk of cap space to get any other significant player(s) on the team, but the future for the Lakers looks better now than it did before.

Btw, looks like Love may just be a pipe dream as the Cavs are willing to trade Wiggins to get him.

Looks like Bron is going to have another Superteam to get him some more rings. And, of course, he will get ALL the credit if it happens. UGH! This guy is incredible. Jumps ship when he couldn't do it with the Cavs after they signed every guy he wanted. Then, he jumps ship after the Heat don't win "not 5, not 6, not 7..." And goes back to the Cavs who've had 3 of the last 4 #1 picks ( because he bailed on them in the first place ), and now may team with Love and Irving to form another Big 3 to get more rings.

Ridiculous how much the media swoons over this guy.

Stop being a hater. Lebron James is all that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill/Randle/Boozer > Pau/Hill/Sacre

It's that simple.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND might be just coming off the bench...

I think he'll be a starter at the beginning of the season, but may very well be replaced in the starting lineup later in the season if Randle is developing like he should.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill/Randle/Boozer > Pau/Hill/Sacre

It's that simple.

Oh, and also Pau/Hill/Sacre cost the Lakers $27m last year

Hill/Randle/Boozer will cost the Lakers just over $16m this year

So basically the front office upgraded the front line and saved $11m in the process.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop being a hater. Lebron James is all that.

If Bron was ALL THAT, he wouldn't have talked to Wade and Bosh about joining forces 2 years prior to their FA to form a dream team to win some rings.

He would've stayed with the Cavs and tried to win there in the first place, then not jump ship in Miami when the ship is sinking.

He's a great player, but he's no Jordan who can put a team on his back and a) make the players around him better and b) win it all.

He can only win with 2 other superstars on his team ( which he's about to have again in Cleveland with Irving and Love ).

When he does it as "The Man" like Jordan did with an All Star sidekick and role players, then I will show him respect. But as long as he keeps jumping teams when the ship is sinking and forming super teams that help him win titles, I can't respect that.

He's clearly not ALL THAT or he wouldn't have to pull this crap to win.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This morning on the Herd, Rick Fox was interviewed and the host got him to speculate on Kevin Love. Eventually the conversation included the speculation that the Lakers will put together a package deal to offer Minnesota for Love and it would probably include Randle and say Ed Davis and the number 2 we got from Houston that was the Clippers' original pick. Whether this occurs or not is only left to the future but I think DJ on this board smelled something was up with the Lakers stockpiling all of those forwards. May be DJ will be right.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are willing to offer Wiggins for Love. If he's going anywhere but Minnesota this year it'll be Cleveland

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so sure until it happens Shaqdaddy. I am quite sure the reason Love has not headed to Cleveland just yet is due in part to the reality that he really wants to play in LA.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so sure until it happens Shaqdaddy. I am quite sure the reason Love has not headed to Cleveland just yet is due in part to the reality that he really wants to play in LA.

In which case I'd rather keep Randle and wait for Love in next years free agency.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows regarding Love. Some reports say he would resign with Cleveland. Others say he wants to make it to free agency. Hopefully he makes it to free agency.

I'm still undecided over whether I'd trade Randle for him if that was something Minnesota was interested in. I've been really impressed with his abilities based on these summer league games.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This morning on the Herd, Rick Fox was interviewed and the host got him to speculate on Kevin Love. Eventually the conversation included the speculation that the Lakers will put together a package deal to offer Minnesota for Love and it would probably include Randle and say Ed Davis and the number 2 we got from Houston that was the Clippers' original pick. Whether this occurs or not is only left to the future but I think DJ on this board smelled something was up with the Lakers stockpiling all of those forwards. May be DJ will be right.

I don't see Minny taking that package over the Cavs reported Wiggins, Bennett/Waiters and a 1st.

And Love has said he would sign an extension with Cleveland.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows regarding Love. Some reports say he would resign with Cleveland. Others say he wants to make it to free agency. Hopefully he makes it to free agency.

I'm still undecided over whether I'd trade Randle for him if that was something Minnesota was interested in. I've been really impressed with his abilities based on these summer league games.

Randle is going to be a beast.