• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Add Tarik Black And Waive Henry

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's eligible for an extension giving the contract he signed. It's not about the Lakers being cheap. No surprise he'll opt out and sign a better deal. May or may not be with the Lakers. Unfair to rip the Lakers brass at this point.

If they trade him on a hope and a prayer of getting a big name this Summer?

You have to be kidding me:lol:.

How has that worked out the last 2 Summers?

Unless someone is offering a trade of substance, why trade the only feel good story ?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless someone is offering a trade of substance, why trade the only feel good story ?

As I said earlier, I love Ed Davis and would love to see the Lakers keep him, but he's also their most tradeable asset. I don't think the Lakers are going to trade him just to do it. I think they'll need to have what they feel is a solid offer.

He will opt out at the end of the season (as he should) and will most assuredly get a nice raise. I'm sure that he and the Lakers have a pretty good idea on how much they are willing to pay and how much he's going to seek. How close they are on those numbers will determine what the Lakers will accept for him in trade.

End of the day, it's better to get a little less than his real value in a trade than to have him leave and get nothing.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't trade him. I like his game. I'd take my chances in the summer resigning him. The point I was making though was that they can't extend him at this point which is what you were questioning why they wouldn't do. That Kennedy tweet doesn't say they would have no interest in resigning him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade him. I like his game. I'd take my chances in the summer resigning him. The point I was making though was that they can't extend him at this point which is what you were questioning why they wouldn't do. That Kennedy tweet doesn't say they would have no interest in resigning him.

You are seeing something that I never said. I didn't put the word extension anywhere in my post. I said pay him...like in the off season when he opts out?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said earlier, I love Ed Davis and would love to see the Lakers keep him, but he's also their most tradeable asset. I don't think the Lakers are going to trade him just to do it. I think they'll need to have what they feel is a solid offer.

He will opt out at the end of the season (as he should) and will most assuredly get a nice raise. I'm sure that he and the Lakers have a pretty good idea on how much they are willing to pay and how much he's going to seek. How close they are on those numbers will determine what the Lakers will accept for him in trade.

End of the day, it's better to get a little less than his real value in a trade than to have him leave and get nothing.

Yes, I can agree with that. The Kid deserves a pay raise. Maybe in the Swaggy P ballpark? Bits are traditionally overpaid. So, maybe he can get more.

I would take my chances and not trade him unless its a great return. With the huge number of quality bigs available, the Lakers should be able to keep him at a reasonable price.

I grudgingly agree that they shouldn't let him walk for nothing. He'd be the 3rd big in as many Seasons.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are seeing something that I never said. I didn't put the word extension anywhere in my post. I said pay him...like in the off season when he opts out?

You questioned why the Lakers were being thrifty. I figured you meant why they weren't giving him more money now. How do you figure they're being thrifty this upcoming summer when we aren't there yet?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I can agree with that. The Kid deserves a pay raise. Maybe in the Swaggy P ballpark? Bits are traditionally overpaid. So, maybe he can get more.

I would take my chances and not trade him unless its a great return. With the huge number of quality bigs available, the Lakers should be able to keep him at a reasonable price.

I grudgingly agree that they shouldn't let him walk for nothing. He'd be the 3rd big in as many Seasons.

I agree. At some point, they need to have some consistency in the roster. For the most part, they kept the right guys from last year and for me, unless he just wants a crazy amount of money or Black blows up huge, he should be one of the one's kept from this year.

The problem for the Lakers (both good and bad) is that they are collecting bigs like the Celtics are collecting draft picks. They have Hill, Davis, Boozer, Sacre, Kelly, Black and of course Randle on IR. That's a lot of guys to try and find minutes for, especially when none of them are game changer types.

I'm wondering if they might try and package a couple of them together with some picks to try and make a trade later when some teams start their fire sales?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You questioned why the Lakers were being thrifty. I figured you meant why they weren't giving him more money now. How do you figure they're being thrifty this upcoming summer when we aren't there yet?

If they are considering trading him because he will opt out for bigger money then the natural assumption is that they don't want to be the ones to give it to him:noidea:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. At some point, they need to have some consistency in the roster. For the most part, they kept the right guys from last year and for me, unless he just wants a crazy amount of money or Black blows up huge, he should be one of the one's kept from this year.

The problem for the Lakers (both good and bad) is that they are collecting bigs like the Celtics are collecting draft picks. They have Hill, Davis, Boozer, Sacre, Kelly, Black and of course Randle on IR. That's a lot of guys to try and find minutes for, especially when none of them are game changer types.

I'm wondering if they might try and package a couple of them together with some picks to try and make a trade later when some teams start their fire sales?

Maybe...the Nets, Nugs, Knicks will likely be open for business soon.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are considering trading him because he will opt out for bigger money then the natural assumption is that they don't want to be the ones to give it to him:noidea:

I see where you're coming from.

A trade has to be coming. As TF said, the Lakers have plenty of bigs. They have that large expiring contract in Nash. Something will happen soon enough.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where you're coming from.

A trade has to be coming. As TF said, the Lakers have plenty of bigs. They have that large expiring contract in Nash. Something will happen soon enough.

I think so too.

But, the big win will come this Summer.

With so many quality players on the market, the Lakers will get at least 2.

I think theyshould target Monroe over Gasol.

Marc is better. But, Greg is younger aand easier to get.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boozer and Lin maybe?

Boozer's producing nicely in relation to his cheap contract.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so too.

Yeah, I really like Gasol, but you may be right about Monroe, especially since it seems the Lakers want to go younger and more athletic.

But, I sure wouldn't mind another Gasol on the Lakers. Pau was my favorite Laker the whole time they had him. I'm sure it would be the same if they got Marc.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I really like Gasol, but you may be right about Monroe, especially since it seems the Lakers want to go younger and more athletic.

But, I sure wouldn't mind another Gasol on the Lakers. Pau was my favorite Laker the whole time they had him. I'm sure it would be the same if they got Marc.

That would be funny if you signed Gasol.

You traded Marc for a more experienced, elite Pau and then get him back when he's in full on STUD mode:lol:

Suns did it with Nash and Dragic. So, why not?:noidea:

I will say, unless you get #1 overall and can draft Mudiay, Dragic would be my first call at 12:01:nod:.

If I couldn't get him nor Rondo, I'd move on to Reggie Jackson. After that the water gets murky. Brandon Knight is not a pg and you already have Lin.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so too.

^^THIS^^

exactly my reason i was looking at Monroe...