• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Add Tarik Black And Waive Henry

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where he fits in other than depth. Don't know much about the guy but seems he would have to beat out someone in practice to get playing time. Jordan hill has been struggling some so maybe he gets some of his minutes.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where he fits in other than depth. Don't know much about the guy but seems he would have to beat out someone in practice to get playing time. Jordan hill has been struggling some so maybe he gets some of his minutes.

He should take Sacre's minutes, his useless.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see TLF, his great great great grandfather last name used to be Johnson, but his slave master changed it to Black. That slave master is part of the Buss family. Jim buss wants to keep that same tradition, so that's why he picked up Black to, instead of picking cotton to make an earning, play ball for his earning.

So Jim Buss is the real Racist TLF.

:clap: You wold be awesome at playing 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

* 6 degrees of separation theory *

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...the lone bright spot and he's gone, baby gone?...Lmao...Why are the Lakers being thrifty?

Just pay the kid if it doesn't interfere with landing a max guy.

Jim Buss is a f#cking wanker if he does this.

But, it makes claiming Black make more sense.

Alex Kennedy: Ed Davis will definitely opt out of his bargain contract this summer to test FA, so Lakers may trade him rather than lose him for nothing. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...the lone bright spot and he's gone, baby gone?...Lmao...Why are the Lakers being thrifty?

Alex Kennedy: Ed Davis will definitely opt out of his bargain contract this summer to test FA, so Lakers may trade him rather than lose him for nothing. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA

Love Ed Davis, but it depends on what the Lakers can get for him and what he would demand in salary next season. Outside of Young and possibly Jordan Hill, he is the Lakers most tradeable asset.

I expect they won't necessarily look to trade him right away, but rather wait and see what Black can accomplish with increased minutes. Davis isn't going to be leading this team to any titles, but he could be a good role player who can help or he could possibly bring in some solid value via trade.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see TLF, his great great great grandfather last name used to be Johnson, but his slave master changed it to Black. That slave master is part of the Buss family. Jim buss wants to keep that same tradition, so that's why he picked up Black to, instead of picking cotton to make an earning, play ball for his earning.

So Jim Buss is the real Racist TLF.

:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Ed Davis, but it depends on what the Lakers can get for him and what he would demand in salary next season. Outside of Young and possibly Jordan Hill, he is the Lakers most tradeable asset.

I expect they won't necessarily look to trade him right away, but rather wait and see what Black can accomplish with increased minutes. Davis isn't going to be leading this team to any titles, but he could be a good role player who can help or he could possibly bring in some solid value via trade.

I am hoping the Lakers don't trade any players at all and stick to the tanking plan. Ed Davis is a big and is developing nicely. Julius Randle will be another young player that will add power to the Lakers and this Tarik Black has tremendous potential if James Worthy goes back to training the bigs. Then with another first round pick in the top five the Lakers will have a nice core of young players to develop that can be ready to ball in about two or three years. With Kobe's salary, the Lakers aren't going any where anyways, so why not develop the next generation of Lakers

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tarik Black is only 6'9" in shoes. He got the 6'11" height from the program people in Houston. He is shorter and heavier than Ed Davis who is 6'10".

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're talking abut Xavier Henry - he is done for the season and some are saying his career is over which I doubt, but his contract expires I June, so waiving him clears the space for the this guy. Henry would have been a free agent this June any way and will be not to mention that he will still get paid

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're talking abut Xavier Henry - he is done for the season and some are saying his career is over which I doubt, but his contract expires I June, so waiving him clears the space for the this guy. Henry would have been a free agent this June any way and will be not to mention that he will still get paid

No, the tweet was about trading Ed Davis because he will want a raise next year.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine the Lakers could resign Henry again. He seemed pretty smitten with LA.

Lakers made the right decision on this.............

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the big fish the Knicks or Lakers land, how will their fan bases feel?

I mean if it's Harris and another player like Gasol/Jefferson/Love/Monroe...sure.

But, just Harris?

Harris is reportedly looking for a contract in the $12-14 million per year range, and based on his play this season, he should be able to find a team willing to offer something close to that. Harris wants to remain in Orlando, according to league sources, and was hoping to sign an extension prior to the Oct. 31 deadline, but the two sides couldn’t reach a deal. In fact, the two sides didn’t even have advanced talks.

The New York Knicks have been mentioned as possible suitor for Harris, as he is from Long Island and is good friends with Carmelo Anthony (they even work out together in the summer). The Los Angeles Lakers could be an option as well, since he would fit in with their young core and be the leading scorer that they need for life after Kobe Bryant. If teams like the Knicks and Lakers strike out on some of the big-name free agents, Harris could get a serious look.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/head-to-head-best-restricted-free-agent/

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the big fish the Knicks or Lakers land, how will their fan bases feel?

I mean if it's Harris and another player like Gasol/Jefferson/Love/Monroe...sure.

But, just Harris?

Harris is reportedly looking for a contract in the $12-14 million per year range, and based on his play this season, he should be able to find a team willing to offer something close to that. Harris wants to remain in Orlando, according to league sources, and was hoping to sign an extension prior to the Oct. 31 deadline, but the two sides couldn’t reach a deal. In fact, the two sides didn’t even have advanced talks.

The New York Knicks have been mentioned as possible suitor for Harris, as he is from Long Island and is good friends with Carmelo Anthony (they even work out together in the summer). The Los Angeles Lakers could be an option as well, since he would fit in with their young core and be the leading scorer that they need for life after Kobe Bryant. If teams like the Knicks and Lakers strike out on some of the big-name free agents, Harris could get a serious look.

Head-to-Head: Best Restricted Free Agent | Basketball Insiders | NBA Rumors And Basketball News

That's fair money for him. He's not a star and I'm not sure if he'll make an all star team, but he's a good starter, and 12 to 14 mil is the range starters are gonna get paid with the rising cap.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair money for him. He's not a star and I'm not sure if he'll make an all star team, but he's a good starter, and 12 to 14 mil is the range starters are gonna get paid with the rising cap.

Yeah, he's restricted. So, he will have to wait in line behind guys like Jimmy Butler and Kawhi who are bonafide Stars and even a guy like Monroe, who might not be a star..yet. But, he is unrestricted.

Not to mention Love, Aldridge, M. Gasol, Dragic, Jefferson, Ellis.

I will say, I would rather sign him than a guy like David West. But, I would have to think twice about Harris over Thad Young.

Would you sign Ellis over an unproven Reggie Williams?

So many guys are hitting the Market.

I think this is gonna be a crazy Summer.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, just Harris?

Head-to-Head: Best Restricted Free Agent | Basketball Insiders | NBA Rumors And Basketball News

Fuck no.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Eric Pincus: Tarik Black said he's happy to be playing for the organization with the most NBA championships (trolling the Celtics's fans already?)

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the tweet was about trading Ed Davis because he will want a raise next year.

He has a player option, but the way he is playing I could see him not picking it up and testing the market and given that he is averaging close to 7 points and 7 rebounds I think he will get more, but I think the Lakers will easily look to resign him for two years for around 2 million. He is worth it, but I would like to see him add a few assists to his stats and get better on defense.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J-Hill's no-trade clause is probably the reason. He's already locked in for another year unless the Lakers choose to use their team option. It would be much easier to trade Ed Davis.

Things will get heated up once we start to approach the trade deadline. Got to believe teams like the Nets and the Jazz are going to want to sell. Lots of options coming this offseason as well, I'm glad Mitch didn't go all-in for Rondo.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That no trade clause is there for Hill. I can see him waiving it to have a chance to contend.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he's eligible for an extension giving the contract he signed. It's not about the Lakers being cheap. No surprise he'll opt out and sign a better deal. May or may not be with the Lakers. Unfair to rip the Lakers brass at this point.