• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Add Tarik Black And Waive Henry

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I want to wish Xavier Henry well and I hope he has a successful career next year after he has recovered from his season ending injury. I hope he can come back next season, but waiving him and picking up the new rookie makes good sense.

While this is nothing earth shattering and we know that this season is already lost, I like Tarik who has already been averaging 4 points and 5 rebounds in his first season in the NBA. Being young and 6' 11" this gives him a chance to learn from James Worthy and Kareem who have been working with the Lakers bigs this season in an effort to help Byron Scott. This could be a great career move for the young man and he could even be a surprise for the Lakers.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes very raw but with the right ethic and the right guidance he could become a solid player in this league. Hes very athletic. Wait, hes Dwights little brother right?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that this move excites you shows you how far the mighty have fallen. This is a non-story.

/thread

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that this move excites you shows you how far the mighty have fallen. This is a non-story.

/thread

I SWEAR TO GOD STING I SWEAR TO GOD!!!

giphy.gif

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I want to wish Xavier Henry well and I hope he has a successful career next year after he has recovered from his season ending injury. I hope he can come back next season, but waiving him and picking up the new rookie makes good sense.

While this is nothing earth shattering and we know that this season is already lost, I like Tarik who has already been averaging 4 points and 5 rebounds in his first season in the NBA. Being young and 6' 11" this gives him a chance to learn from James Worthy and Kareem who have been working with the Lakers bigs this season in an effort to help Byron Scott. This could be a great career move for the young man and he could even be a surprise for the Lakers.

Anyway to give Xman his due. His highlight of his career. Knee injuries have likely ended his career.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

/thread

Fortunately for Suns fans, they don't have to worry about that. One actually has to be up in order to fall.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to see the X-man go because when he did play last season he showed some definite improvement.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Black plays tonight?

No man - he barely cleared waivers today - and is still very raw and as some one pointed out. I would say atleast a month of training before he gets to play on the court

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to see the X-man go because when he did play last season he showed some definite improvement.

He had this year left on the contract and was gone for the season any way, so I think the Lakers will look to pick him up in June - I wouldn't worry about that

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya DJ but his skillset was pretty much penetration and inside scoring, and well, yeah.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya DJ but his skillset was pretty much penetration and inside scoring, and well, yeah.

Even if Henry does recover and come back next year and the Lakers had to waive another player, I like the move - 4 points and 5 rebounds is pretty decent for a rookie playing 12 minutes or so. I think it shows some great potential and I have been wishing the Lakers would invest in younger players for the longest time now. I feel that has been their Achilles heel for several years now by not investing more in younger players and developing new talent. a 6 11 is a big man at the forward position - I say work on that dude and I like his attitude by the way