• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lafell and Chandler gone.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think injuries were the biggest issue. I think there are some TE on the market who can fit this team better. Green from SD or Allen from Indy. Everyone seems to think NE has a trade in the works, but I am not sure for who. I think they look at a few FA WR, Jones,Sanu, Matthews. I cannot see them going WR in the 2nd because they need LB/DL/OT help at this point. Of course, it all depends on FA too. That loss of a 1st rd pick if going to hurt them. NFL won on this one...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I wrote yesterday, as many as 8 players on the 53 man roster are gone. There are two main reasons.......

(1) Player has not lived up to expectations and did not produce anywhere near what the coaching was expecting. It became evident when Edelman and Amendola were dealing with injuries. Especially "Oopps"
LaFell.

(2) Bill knows that his offensive line as it stands cannot play against the worst defenses in the NFL. He knows he has to upgrade the OL and not have Brady being hit on 30-38% of his throws. He also knows that Vollmer and Solder are not 'Ironmen'. Hence there is a need for money to be freed up so he can go doma little shopping.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaFell was never the same after the injuries and Brady seemed to lose confidence in him and didn't try as much to get him the ball.

I am really hoping the Patriots get some extra help at WR but totally understand they need more OL than anything.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I wrote yesterday, as many as 8 players on the 53 man roster are gone. There are two main reasons.......

(1) Player has not lived up to expectations and did not produce anywhere near what the coaching was expecting. It became evident when Edelman and Amendola were dealing with injuries. Especially "Oopps"
LaFell.

(2) Bill knows that his offensive line as it stands cannot play against the worst defenses in the NFL. He knows he has to upgrade the OL and not have Brady being hit on 30-38% of his throws. He also knows that Vollmer and Solder are not 'Ironmen'. Hence there is a need for money to be freed up so he can go doma little shopping.

I would say it also has a big part to do with quite a few of the top players on the team needing new contracts next year. BB seems to be trying to maybe get 1-2 of those guys signed this year to ease the pain next off season of trying to get them all re-signed.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it also has a big part to do with quite a few of the top players on the team needing new contracts next year. BB seems to be trying to maybe get 1-2 of those guys signed this year to ease the pain next off season of trying to get them all re-signed.

Agree. Butler, Collins, Hightower and Jones. Four big pieces.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaFell was never the same after the injuries and Brady seemed to lose confidence in him and didn't try as much to get him the ball.

I am really hoping the Patriots get some extra help at WR but totally understand they need more OL than anything.

LaFell was known for not having great hands in Carolina. Had a great '14 in NE, but stone hands again last year.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyms, Chandler and LaFell all are gone.

And yet Dobson still has a job.

WTF...?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyms, Chandler and LaFell all are gone.

And yet Dobson still has a job.

WTF...?

He seemed to have turned it around more than those guys though. Granted not by much but he did. Granted didn't seem like Tyms got much of a shot

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting moves so far. Siliga gone, hoping that means Hicks is coming back. Some WR are gone and a TE. Looks like BB is actually going to do something this off-season...

Crap bag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe lafell benefitted from deflated balls

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LaFell was not the same but the problem is he was not able to catch up (or catch) coming back mid season. He takes too long to recover performance wise, after a setback. Chandler was just not good enough in this scheme.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaFell was not the same but the problem is he was not able to catch up (or catch) coming back mid season. He takes too long to recover performance wise, after a setback. Chandler was just not good enough in this scheme.
Both were huge disappointments. Especially Chandler. Not sure what happened with him? I thought for sure he and TB would be a great tandem. Oh well we're onto next year.