• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are a couple from the Dodgers ownership group sitting together at Dodger stadium tonight in the game against the Angels. Magic Johnson and Mark Walters

Attachments

• magic-johnson-mark-walters-.jpg
    magic-johnson-mark-walters-.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 66

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic didn't look too happy even though the Dodgers put in a good effort tonight. Can you believe that Cruz hit a HR tonight? Joe Blanton has to be one of the worst pitchers in the game these days. How much longer will the Angels put up with this guy?

Dodgers are now tied with San Diego.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fernando!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait on Kemp, he's earned that much from us.

No way I'm trading Ethier and paying his salary.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Cap only gave up 3 runs, but he had that 2 run homer coming.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one, not even Ted Lilly, knows what to expect. The Angels certainly have some guys who will make Lilly pay when he makes a mistake.

Would be nice to see the Dodgers win another from the Angels. With Kemp hurting again, Dodgers need someone to play CF besides Schumacher. I wouldn't mind seeing Joc Pederson come up and see how he would do.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one, not even Ted Lilly, knows what to expect. The Angels certainly have some guys who will make Lilly pay when he makes a mistake.

Would be nice to see the Dodgers win another from the Angels. With Kemp hurting again, Dodgers need someone to play CF besides Schumacher. I wouldn't mind seeing Joc Pederson come up and see how he would do.

Can Puig play CF? His bat in ST was electric. Crawford slide to CF? What's ailing Kemp? Is it still the shoulder?

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Puig play CF? His bat in ST was electric. Crawford slide to CF? What's ailing Kemp? Is it still the shoulder?

Kemp pulled a hamstring in last night's game. It's unknown yet whether he'll go on the DL or just sit out a few games.

Crawford doesn't have the arm to play CF. Sliding Ethier over and playing Van Slyke in RF would be one short term option.

Bringing up Pederson or Puig from AA would be a longer term option. Puig has been playing mostly RF, but could play CF. Pederson has been playing CF and has similar or slightly better stats than Puig this year.

Another option is bringing Herera, Gwynn, or Angle up from AAA. Their stats are not as good as Pederson or Puig.

I just hope they don't wait days and days to make a decision on Kemp going on the DL like they did with M. Ellis.

Puig would be the choice most fans would like to see. I don't know how ready he is, but it sure could be interesting.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Olney's source is saying that Mattingly will call up Tony Gwynn, Jr. to play CF. I think Anthony is the best option. What he loses on offense he makes up for in speed and range. And when he's hitting, he makes a top-notch leadoff man.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was on this date back in 1965 that, for the first time in history, an all-switch-hitting infield starts a big league game. In the nightcap of a twin bill, the Dodgers, with Wes Parker at first base, Jim Lefebvre at second, Maury Wills at shortstop and Jim Gilliam at third, lose to the visiting Reds, 6-1 .

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Pederson, but I think for a couple of weeks Gwynn might be the best fit. He is a terrific defensive player and if he can hit that would certainly be a bonus.

Colletti's only option for CF this year was Skip Schumacher. Shame on you Ned. :lame: I don't think anyone really thought about seeing Kemp on the DL again, but now it's happened. Of course, the way Kemp has played, it wouldn't be much of a fall off to have Gwynn.

Puig and Pederson really need to stay where they are for now. In the long run they'll be better off.

Hats off to Van Slyke for the job he has done so far. Maybe he will stick this time.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some movement on Peter Moylan.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Moylan is back.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can I be so old that Andy Van Slyke's son is bald? :omg:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers fans can only hope Moylan is as intense on the mound as he is in the picture. I was glad to see Guerra sent down. Now, he needs to be traded or DFA'd.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a nifty little infield it was. I loved that 1965 squad.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are back in the Win column, Puig is an instant hit, and Ramirez should be back soon. Time to string some wins together, but we have Atlanta, Arizona and Pittsburgh on the horizon. Greinke needs to get back on track and the BP needs to shutdown the opposition. Critical part of the season is coming up.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'll wait on Kemp, he's earned that much from us.

No way I'm trading Ethier and paying his salary.

I don't understand. Why wouldn't you want to trade Ethier if it meant we would have to pay his salary. It's not your money. It doesn't even matter what we get back for Ethier. If someone wants to take him off our roster it's addition by subtraction. He's awful!!! He's a waste of a roster spot and an automatic out every type he steps up to the plate. And it's not like he's is good defensive player. Why keep him? I'd much rather bring back Gwynn or see what a prospect can do. This season is over anyway. We need to see what we have for the future.

As for Matt Kemp. He hasn't earned squat. He's been completely worthless for 2 years. Ever since he got a fat contract he's been one of the least productive players in all of baseball. I would LOVE if we traded Kemp. But it won't happen. No team is stupid enough to take that contract.

It's a toss up between Kemp or A-Rod as to which is the worst contract in baseball right now. I'd argue that it's Kemp. At least A-Rod doesn't play. Kemp hurts the Dodgers every time he suits up. I'm SO glad he's on the DL. I hope he stays there the rest of his miserable career.