• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was looking around on your board and forgot I wasn't in the game thread vs the Cards. My mistake guys.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 walks and then a HBP. Why does Yadi swing first pitch?

Since we're not on the Cards thread, I'll say it. Because Yadi is one of the most arrogant players in baseball.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well seeing as he's a top 3 defensive catcher of all time and damn good with the bat I think he's got reason to believe in himself. I'm just glad he doesn't go around calling other teams whiny bitches and saying that an entire city is a city of pussies...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well seeing as he's a top 3 defensive catcher of all time and damn good with the bat I think he's got reason to believe in himself. I'm just glad he doesn't go around calling other teams whiny bitches and saying that an entire city is a city of pussies...

Are you talking about Brandon Phillips?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had a few beers and I guess that's for another thread so I better just keep my mouth shut.

I'll take Benito Santiago over Yadi any day. All the defense and production and none of the neck tattoos and "swagger."

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benito Santiago? Few gold gloves, lower average, more steroids, more arrests. Yeah, seems like the better choice...

BTW, no disrespect to Dodger fans. I don't mean to hijack your thread here. I like your organization and hope you guys turn the season around starting Monday.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW, no disrespect to Dodger fans. I don't mean to hijack your thread here. I like your organization and hope you guys turn the season around starting Monday.

Nice of you to say. But our organization sucks. There is nothing to like about the Dodgers other than Clayton Kershaw.

The Cardinals are the gold standard of major league baseball and have been for over 100 years. Only the Yankees have won more World Series, but that's because they are the Yankees. The Cardinals just do things the right way and always have, always will. Unlike the Dodgers, they hire smart people to run the franchise and those smart people build from within and always seem to add the right complimentary players. For whatever the reason, it just seems like whenever a player puts on the Cardinals uniform they do so with great pride and professionalism and win or lose you can always count on Cardinals teams to play with the ultimate heart & effort.

The Dodgers haven't played with an ounce of heart or effort since 1988. It's as if Kirk Gibson traded all the magic of the Dodgers future for that single at bat. That was a great moment, but it was the last and final great moment in Dodgers history. The Dodgers will never again be champions.

As far as turning the season around on Monday, that's not going to happen. The Cardinals & Angels are the two hottest teams right now. And the Dodgers are playing worse than anyone. Get your broomsticks out. It's going to be a long time before the Dodgers see a win.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shoktart, I hate to come in here spreading the doom and gloom but didn't we all get the feeling that all these high dollar acquisitions weren't the best way to build a team. Sure they have some studs but lack depth and role players. Even the Yankees of the late '90s were largely built from within. I really liked last years Dodger team the first half before the trades started happening. I hope this ownership group figures out that baseball isn't like basketball at some point because I've always liked the Dodgers and would like to see them succeed(especially over the Giants).

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shoktart, sounds like we should just burn Dodger down and dissolve the franchise. It's pretty much hopeless. You're too much, man.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to burn down the Stadium just yet. Lily pitched pretty well and the Dodgers were able to score some runs. Even League did his job tonight.

Have to give a lot of credit to Nick Punto. He has been the Dodgers'primary spark this season. :clap:

Dodgers actually have a chance to win the Series with Kershaw going tomorrow.

BUDSFAULT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ownership doesn't intend on having this payroll annually. McCourt and Ned stripped the system to the bone. The long term plan is to build from within the system but it has to be rebuilt to do that. So in the meantime, they spent a lot of money to make the team competitive now with a different long term plan. Unfortunately, they have the wrong guy in the manager's role............and Ned hired him.

Ned and Donnie Dum Dum are the last remains of the McCourt fiasco that need to go.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ned and Donnie Dum Dum are the last remains of the McCourt fiasco that need to go.

And no doubt they will. The Padres are grooming an MVP-caliber 3rd baseman for you and we have the best stable of catchers in our system in the entire league.
Get your checkbook out and let us know when you need them. :lol:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can use them starting right now!!!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just posted on MLB Trade Rumors here.

ESPN.com's Buster Olney writes the Mets make the most sense of the possible trade suitors for Andre Ethier. According to Olney, the Dodgers will only deal Ethier if they decide he can no longer be an effective player for them and are willing to absorb a large portion of the approximately $80MM due the outfielder over the next five years.

Don Mattingly has all the hallmarks of a manager in quicksand and is conjuring up images of Clint Hurdle during his final days as manager of the Rockies, opines Troy Renck of the Denver Post. Hurdle vowed to exercise more authority by creating new rules and benched Troy Tulowitzki for violating one of those rules. Hurdle was fired one week later. Mattingly benched Matt Kemp for today's game calling it a "baseball decision" and not a disciplinary reaction to Kemp expressing his displeasure at being removed in a double-switch the night before, reports Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a crazy game today. Greinke isn't back up to snuff, yet and it looked like the Angels had a lock on this game. Amazingly, the Dodgers came back and the BP did a good job.

Juan Uribe has been hitting pretty well and even Luis Cruz made a contribution.

It was good to see Gordon sent back down. If he does well at AAA, it will possibly enhance his trade value.

Ramon Hernandez needs to be DFA'd.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers looked like a little league team in the 1st inning with multiple errors and a passed pall. The fly ball that hit the pocket of Kemp's glove and then he dropped it should also have been called an error. Kemp is really struggling and the frustration is showing. He was flailing at balls well out of the strike zone in his 4 strikeouts. His problems are more than a shoulder injury, and I hope he gets them figured out soon.

All in all, though, the Dodgers have to be pleased with the game. At least they were able to come from behind, and like they say, a win is a win. Unfortunately the Diamondbacks won two, so we still dropped a half game in the standings.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always good to see the Dodgers win and the Giants lose. I've said all along that Dee Gordon's negatives outweigh the positives, so the team is better with him out of the lineup. And it's disgusting to think of how much Matt Kemp has already been paid this season. For what?!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe what Matt Kemp needs is to be sent down for a month or so, if that's possible. He won't improve if he doesn't play, but maybe he needs to play where his issues won't continue to hurt this team. Besides injuries, Matt Kemp is the real problem with the Dodgers this year.

And what is Mark McGwire doing to get this kid on track? We have two hitting coaches and this team is an offensive mess.

We have two pitching coaches and the pitching staff is not what it was last year.

The point is, is that Matt Kemp needs to start doing what got him to the Big Leagues to begin with. A trip to Albuquerque might be just what he needs to jog his memory.

And maybe a couple of different coaching faces wouldn't hurt either.