• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love have a combined ZERO Playoff appearances

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly breaking news.

I just hope you all realize that your constant down playing of Love and Irving only sets you up to have no choice but to heap praise upon LeBron if they do pull off a title at some point.

Theres definitely some overexcitement from cavs fans, but theres even more definitely some over downplaying from everyone else.

Look, "fan" is short for fanatic after all.... Any true fan is going to have a little delusion... Any true fan is going to let what they want to happen creep into what they think will happen, at least a little.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player fans are just as annoying especially when they try to criticize another franchise history. Player fans should never be able to talk bad about any organization

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player fans are just as annoying especially when they try to criticize another franchise history. Player fans should never be able to talk bad about any organization

I agree, especially in terms of criticizing the franchise the player currently belongs to. Other franchises, i dont see a big deal.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron fans > local fans who dont give a crap about their team except when theyre good

Why?
Pretty much the same thing.
Neither has any real passion for the game or the balls to stand by a team regardless of how good/ bad they are.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?
Neither has any real passion for the game or the balls to stand by a team regardless of how good/ bad they are.

Couldnt disagree more, but im obviously biased.

I followed the cavs as passionately as anyone for 7 years, followed by 4 years of passionately following the Heat. 9 of those years ended in disappointment, a few of them in what i would consider serious failure. If LeBron and the Cavs win 20 games a year for the next 5 years... Ill be right there as passionate as ever.

Your loyalty is with a team, mine is with a player. The pretentiousness of local fans is getting out of control.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldnt disagree more, but im obviously biased.

I followed the cavs as passionately as anyone for 7 years, followed by 4 years of passionately following the Heat. 9 of those years ended in disappointment, a few of them in what i would consider serious failure. If LeBron and the Cavs win 20 games a year for the next 5 years... Ill be right there as passionate as ever.

Your loyalty is with a team, mine is with a player. The pretentiousness of local fans is getting out of control.

What if, god forbid, Lebron has a career-ending injury? Would you stick with the Cavs or find another player?

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron has gone through his entire career without any serious injury that made him miss a good amount of games. We all know Lebron is a freak of nature and in tip top shape as an athlete, but at sometime the odds are going to come back against him and he will suffer an injury that will have him miss quite a few games. If that happens this year, the Cavs are screwed.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if, god forbid, Lebron has a career-ending injury? Would you stick with the Cavs or find another player?

Im not sure. Before LeBron I followed Bibby which had me following the Grizzlies and Kings. (Passionately).

Maybe another player will catch my loyalty, or maybe ill switch to a team. If I do it will most likely be the Cavs, Heat, or Kings... and at that point it would be for good ( no going back to player fan).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron has gone through his entire career without any serious injury that made him miss a good amount of games. We all know Lebron is a freak of nature and in tip top shape as an athlete, but at sometime the odds are going to come back against him and he will suffer an injury that will have him miss quite a few games. If that happens this year, the Cavs are screwed.

Keep thinking that, you weren't when he was on Miami. He is still ONLY 30. Got a lot left in tank, enjoy.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought that when he was in Miami, I just hoped it wouldnt hapen. I dont want him to get injured, I would never wish an injury on a player. Im just stating the longer he goes without getting injured, the smaller his odds are. At some point odds will be stacked against him. Like i said tho, he is a freak of nature and very well could play his whole career without getting any injury.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought that when he was in Miami, I just hoped it wouldnt hapen. I dont want him to get injured, I would never wish an injury on a player. Im just stating the longer he goes without getting injured, the smaller his odds are. At some point odds will be stacked against him. Like i said tho, he is a freak of nature and very well could play his whole career without getting any injury.

Just bc a player hardly gets injured doesn't mean he has a greater chance of injury, it has a lot to do with age. And he isn't old by any means. But a freak play could happen, it happens, but I hope it doesn't.

I will take cramps as the worst thing. :laugh3:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Heat fans, the Cavs and their fans have taken over being the most hated team in the NBA now.

No that would be the Lakers!:rollseyes:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at least they have a proven NBA winning head coach....

no?

at least they have a proven NBA assistant who paid his dues over the years...

no?

at least they have a handpicked bright young talent with the boundless energy of youth that will be molded by a successful mentor in the front office....

no?

at least they have an old man coach who never played/coached a second in the NBA, with no proven leadership in the front office, who will have to rely on the winning experience of Love/Irving to help him navigate a new career 2000 miles from his comfort zone.....

So, they got that going for them, which is nice.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

images

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep thinking that, you weren't when he was on Miami. He is still ONLY 30. Got a lot left in tank, enjoy.

Injuries can happen at any point in sports. Derrick Rose and Paul George who had varying injuries aren't even close to 30 and don't have the miles on their body like Lebron. No one here is saying they want to see Lebron injures, but it is something to keep mindful of. There's a reason Kobe started breaking down as the minutes he's logged in the NBA is ridiculous. Lebron's on a similar path given the fact that over the last several years he's been deep in the playoffs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at least they have a proven NBA winning head coach....

no?

at least they have a proven NBA assistant who paid his dues over the years...

no?

at least they have a handpicked bright young talent with the boundless energy of youth that will be molded by a successful mentor in the front office....

no?

at least they have an old man coach who never played/coached a second in the NBA, with no proven leadership in the front office, who will have to rely on the winning experience of Love/Irving to help him navigate a new career 2000 miles from his comfort zone.....

So, they got that going for them, which is nice.

Worked out for Paul Westhead and the Lakers...

Here was a guy who had never been involved with the NBA at any level. He was a renowned coach in the college ranks, but had never played or even been on a staff in the NBA.

Suddenly, a great opportunity sort of fell into his lap. In 1980, he was hired as the Head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers.

They had a guy named Kareem-Abdul Jabaar and a new rookie named Magic Johnson. They won the championship in his first year as head coach.

One of the last things Westhead did before being run out of town by Magic Johnson was to hire Pat Riley as an assistant head coach.