• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyler Murray declares for NFL draft

scopes_monkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't fall past #15 to Washington and could be the #1 pick depending on what Kingsbury can do. Get that money Kyler. Beats staying in cheap hotels and riding on broke down busses working your way up the minor leagues.
He should read this piece about Jeff Samardzija, former 2-sport star from Notre Dame. So much more upside to MLB: guaranteed contracts, easier on the body, players' union, pension etc all way better than NFL. His earning power will be far greater in baseball over the long run. Sure he might have to ride a bus and carry his own luggage for a couple of seasons. He could still be getting paid on an MLB contract just to pinch-run for catchers in late, close games at age 40.

Reactions: gob

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home, huh? Ain't that where he is from? Or somewhere in that area.

Yes is from there.

kendall-jpg.130145

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should read this piece about Jeff Samardzija, former 2-sport star from Notre Dame. So much more upside to MLB: guaranteed contracts, easier on the body, players' union, pension etc all way better than NFL. His earning power will be far greater in baseball over the long run. Sure he might have to ride a bus and carry his own luggage for a couple of seasons. He could still be getting paid on an MLB contract just to pinch-run for catchers in late, close games at age 40.

Huge difference between this situation as opposed to any other time this has been semi debated. Murray is a QB. If you look at backup QB’s contracts even if Murray flames out he will have make a shit ton of more money being a QB in the NFL as opposed to baseball until he was eligible to hit FA in baseball.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They knew the risks, all bases were covered on his contract I’m sure.
I don't blame him for declaring for the draft, he's right to, it's just part of the process imo, if it were me I would go baseball 10/10, no idea what his goals are

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is demanding 15mm from the A's or he is going in the draft. I think the NFL is just a bargaining chip.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge difference between this situation as opposed to any other time this has been semi debated. Murray is a QB. If you look at backup QB’s contracts even if Murray flames out he will have make a shit ton of more money being a QB in the NFL as opposed to baseball until he was eligible to hit FA in baseball.
Yep. QB playing baseball players is a different animal. The NFL is so desparate for QBs they'll pay a ton to them just to carry a clipboard. Not so much other positions.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame him for declaring for the draft, he's right to, it's just part of the process imo, if it were me I would go baseball 10/10, no idea what his goals are

I’m sure his goal is to make as much money short term like every other millennial I know.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure his goal is to make as much money short term like every other millennial I know.
Yep. But he sure seems to have matured. Maybe he will take counsel wisely and won't piss it all away.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baseball players aren't making the minimum their entire rookie contract. They go through arbitration and get paid what their performance dictates for a few seasons before reaching free agency.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like a good kid, and is one of the more exciting QBs to watch in a while, and I wish him the best no matter what he chooses, but it's just hard for me to see his NFL career not having the same trajectory as RG3.

Panabama71

Same Cat different Ass!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5’9” 165 pounds. We should pray for his safety.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball players aren't making the minimum their entire rookie contract. They go through arbitration and get paid what their performance dictates for a few seasons before reaching free agency.

I get that, but arbitration doesn’t equal a normal paid backup QB’s play who has potential. There isn’t really a debate a 1st round QB will make more money than baseball player until he reaches FA eligible in baseball. I’m talking money strictly. If Murray is 50/50 I say go football cause of the money. But if it is 60/40 baseball then should go baseball just to get his legs under him. Rarely is any baseball player successful if they don’t dedicate themselves to the sport until they are mid 20’s.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, but arbitration doesn’t equal a normal paid backup QB’s play who has potential. There isn’t really a debate a 1st round QB will make more money than baseball player until he reaches FA eligible in baseball. I’m talking money strictly. If Murray is 50/50 I say go football cause of the money. But if it is 60/40 baseball then should go baseball just to get his legs under him. Rarely is any baseball player successful if they don’t dedicate themselves to the sport until they are mid 20’s.

The truth is he has the chips in his corner at the moment. He can declare and see what the NFL does. It will be interesting to see what the NFL does when they go and dissect him and the chance he leaves for baseball is part of the equation. I can’t see him going top 10, even if you think he is a top 10 player. I wouldn’t use a top 10 pick on a player with choices, but I am not an NFL GM

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is he has the chips in his corner at the moment. He can declare and see what the NFL does. It will be interesting to see what the NFL does when they go and dissect him and the chance he leaves for baseball is part of the equation. I can’t see him going top 10, even if you think he is a top 10 player. I wouldn’t use a top 10 pick on a player with choices, but I am not an NFL GM

I totally agree, but he does have talent but with his height alone if a team is going to take him they have to commit to building the offense around him which the Saints have done well with Brees and the Seahawks have done terrible with Russell Wilson in needing get good guards over tackles. Personally if I was him I’d choose baseball but if money is what he is after then football is the “easier” path just because he is a QB.

I was just a tiny bit too young for Bo Jackson but I think it’d be cool if he did play both sports but highly doubt it is even possible to play both since the catch 22 of him getting more money because he is a QB is that he has to dedicate himself to football unlike Bo, Deion or Brian Jordan had to with their respective positions.

HawgPound

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will he be able to hold out or decline an NFL contract if he is drafted? I believe so. I would probably avoid drafting him to avoid becoming part of the circus. How much would it suck to use a pick and then him decide to go to the A's?

Oswaldandme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't fall past #15 to Washington and could be the #1 pick depending on what Kingsbury can do. Get that money Kyler. Beats staying in cheap hotels and riding on broke down busses working your way up the minor leagues.
You think Kliff will try to get him?