• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Brandt's Eagles Rant

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this yesterday it was pretty good.
Him and Schregs are pretty dead set on teams need to be careful facing this Eagles team.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this yesterday it was pretty good.
Him and Schregs are pretty dead set on teams need to be careful facing this Eagles team.
We have the best offensive coach in the league and he didn't put many tendencies or schemes on tape for defensive coordinators to work with. They will be coming into these games blind.

And he has Carson executing it all.

Our veteran defense knows how to step up their game and they will.

The Seahawks will make a comeback late and we'll have to hold them off with ball control. Carson is a stud on 3rd downs so we'll be able to do it.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has turned out to be an unbelievable season, without so many players, and the PS guys stepping up. I think we can safely say that Jeffrey and Agholor will be gone, and be replaced by Ward, Perkins, JJAW,and draftees.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has turned out to be an unbelievable season, without so many players, and the PS guys stepping up. I think we can safely say that Jeffrey and Agholor will be gone, and be replaced by Ward, Perkins, JJAW,and draftees.
Isn't Perkins a tight end?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the best offensive coach in the league and he didn't put many tendencies or schemes on tape for defensive coordinators to work with. They will be coming into these games blind.

And he has Carson executing it all.

Our veteran defense knows how to step up their game and they will.

The Seahawks will make a comeback late and we'll have to hold them off with ball control. Carson is a stud on 3rd downs so we'll be able to do it.

I can agree with all of this, but one part. I’ve had concern that there has been schemes and tendencies on film. The offense has come back to life and shown some of this. How much is left on the shelf for the playoffs? I don’t know.

I think the best thing for us is that we have such a mix of guys possibly coming back that could really mix it up. Combined with PS guys like Scott and Ward and there should be things to do that haven’t been seen. I hope.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with all of this, but one part. I’ve had concern that there has been schemes and tendencies on film. The offense has come back to life and shown some of this. How much is left on the shelf for the playoffs? I don’t know.

I think the best thing for us is that we have such a mix of guys possibly coming back that could really mix it up. Combined with PS guys like Scott and Ward and there should be things to do that haven’t been seen. I hope.
The offense was very vanilla for much of the year. Part of that is the long-term plan. The screen game comes out late in the year. Reid was smartly the same way.

Doug pointed to these 4 division games the whole season as the time the games really start counting. He played it right, got into the playoffs, and is now moving Carson around, making heavy use of the screen game and has everyone comfortable with their roles.

At the perfect time.

He's a step ahead of everyone, and already proved that includes a legend like Belichick.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz ready to go tomorrow ... Great news but I'm a bit shocked.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Perkins a tight end?

Yes, but to me, he is a hybrid WR/TE. He has good hands, but is undersized as a TE. He's about the size of Larry Fitzgerald, and I would utilize him much the same way. WE need guys that are very good pass catchers, even if they are not speed burners, IMO.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz ready to go tomorrow ... Great news but I'm a bit shocked.

I hope that if he plays, he is more of a decoy, than to mix it up. I want him available for the long haul. He should be able to play for at least 5 more years.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great news about Ertz. Now, hopefully, Johnson can go.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane's already been ruled out. Big V will start at RT

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz playing will be a major boost even if he doesn't catch many balls. The Defense will have to account for him which means someone else on the field will get less attention. My "guess" is that Ertz does NOT have a lacerated kidney ... otherwise there would be no way he plays Sunday. Pederson has already hinted at the reports of injury being incorrect; again, my guess is that Ertz does have the bruised ribs ... but not much other than that.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz playing will be a major boost even if he doesn't catch many balls. The Defense will have to account for him which means someone else on the field will get less attention. My "guess" is that Ertz does NOT have a lacerated kidney ... otherwise there would be no way he plays Sunday. Pederson has already hinted at the reports of injury being incorrect; again, my guess is that Ertz does have the bruised ribs ... but not much other than that.

And he certainly doesn’t have the lacerated spleen I read than (tighten it up Barnwell).

I’m a bit shocked too. I am hoping to hell that this isn’t a case of the shit ass training staff we have.

All that aside, just having him out there can be huge.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense was very vanilla for much of the year. Part of that is the long-term plan. The screen game comes out late in the year. Reid was smartly the same way.

Doug pointed to these 4 division games the whole season as the time the games really start counting. He played it right, got into the playoffs, and is now moving Carson around, making heavy use of the screen game and has everyone comfortable with their roles.

At the perfect time.

He's a step ahead of everyone, and already proved that includes a legend like Belichick.

Yeah. That’s a good read. I just can’t reconcile that Doug had this all planned all along. I still think they were too rigid on what they planned to do since the summer and only changed it up when personnel dictated it.

Those four games gives enough film to show what they’ve been doing. That’s fine. I’m good with the personnel and scheme out there. I’m not super fearful of their D against our O.

Certainly not as fearful as I am of their O vs our D.