• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kurt Warner Visits Mariota In Nashville

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wth are you talking about? Warner retired because of concussion & injury worries. He played through some serious injuries & missed several game in 2009 due to a concussion. Then he got roasted on an int in the playoffs against New Orleans. His wife was the main driver in his retiring. He was under contract when he retired. He still participates in functions with the organization.

Exactly.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes i remember, my point was , it was blatantly obvious hes a success story

And it's blatantly obvious you're a first class douchebag.....you've been quoting several of my posts lately and showing just how much of a douchebag you really are.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's blatantly obvious you're a first class douchebag.....you've been quoting several of my posts lately and showing just how much of a douchebag you really are.
wow, first off didnt know you were off limits on the quote function.

Secondly, when else did i even quote you? Your a sensitive one arent you? i dont even recall interacting with you, but sure resort to name calling

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ if your gonna call me a douchebag, at least back it up and reply........i promise i wont quote you again? since i may have once or twice, and thats apparently off limits........

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah....it's not off limits. But.....2 or 3 times (not sure which threads or I'd post them) you've taken jabs like this and I decided to respond.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah....it's not off limits. But.....2 or 3 times (not sure which threads or I'd post them) you've taken jabs like this and I decided to respond.
You could go back and find the threads and quote them,
Oh, wait, he has his past posts blocked so you cannot quote him. Hmmmm.......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my thought is all the top QB's in the league know that training camp is a lot more about pushing the limits and seeing what works while also building timing with the team around you than about how many touchdowns to interceptions you throw in practice. Heck Rodgers the other day talked about how he throws plenty of interceptions in training camp yet year in and year out he is a guy that leads the league in touchdown to interception ratio. So it does make me wonder if MM is not throwing any is he in for a rude awakening when things actually do matter?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my thought is all the top QB's in the league know that training camp is a lot more about pushing the limits and seeing what works while also building timing with the team around you than about how many touchdowns to interceptions you throw in practice. Heck Rodgers the other day talked about how he throws plenty of interceptions in training camp yet year in and year out he is a guy that leads the league in touchdown to interception ratio. So it does make me wonder if MM is not throwing any is he in for a rude awakening when things actually do matter?
Obviously, all rookie QB's are in for a rude awakening. That does not take away from his good effort in practice.
By the way, a bit premature in comparing to Rodgers?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, all rookie QB's are in for a rude awakening. That does not take away from his good effort in practice.
By the way, a bit premature in comparing to Rodgers?

I'm not comparing him to Rodgers. They asked Rodgers the other day at practice about throwing interceptions in training camp and he just laughed about it as most of the top QB's view training camp more as a time to try things out and just see what works more so than about scoring every single time or trying not to throw interceptions. A great example of just the difference was by the Broncos Back-up the other day in Osweiler. The team was doing situational drills and one of them was goal line end of the game needing a touchdown. It came down to 4th and 1 for the win and they decided to have Osweiler try to pass in that situation and when he couldn't find anybody open he just threw it away. First off it is training camp so an interception isn't a big deal and 2nd it was a situation where throwing it away means we would have lost a real game so an interception would have been the same result so might as well try to fit one in there. Again taking some chances and just seeing what you can do pays off when it comes to the season. I just think that if he is not throwing any interceptions right now MM is not doing him or his team any kind of service. Now maybe I am wrong and he is just that deadly accurate.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not comparing him to Rodgers. They asked Rodgers the other day at practice about throwing interceptions in training camp and he just laughed about it as most of the top QB's view training camp more as a time to try things out and just see what works more so than about scoring every single time or trying not to throw interceptions. A great example of just the difference was by the Broncos Back-up the other day in Osweiler. The team was doing situational drills and one of them was goal line end of the game needing a touchdown. It came down to 4th and 1 for the win and they decided to have Osweiler try to pass in that situation and when he couldn't find anybody open he just threw it away. First off it is training camp so an interception isn't a big deal and 2nd it was a situation where throwing it away means we would have lost a real game so an interception would have been the same result so might as well try to fit one in there. Again taking some chances and just seeing what you can do pays off when it comes to the season. I just think that if he is not throwing any interceptions right now MM is not doing him or his team any kind of service. Now maybe I am wrong and he is just that deadly accurate.
I get all that.
I'm just thinking that if you have Mariota looking good in practice and Winston throwing every freakin pass to the defense, you'd much rather have the look you are getting from Mariota.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all that.
I'm just thinking that if you have Mariota looking good in practice and Winston throwing every freakin pass to the defense, you'd much rather have the look you are getting from Mariota.....

Good point. We will find out soon enough though what happens to Mariota when the games actually start to matter.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Warner could've played two or three more years. Not sure why the Cards didn't just pay him. Arizona made him a lower offer than he liked and he retired i believe in 2011. He only played twelve years but managed to go to three Super Bowls winning one and losing two in the closing minutes. He took two different teams to the Super Bowl. He definitely came out of nowhere in '99 thats for sure.
This is not at all true. He left with a year left on a 23 million dollar contract. He retired on his terms and it had nothing to do with money.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could go back and find the threads and quote them,
Oh, wait, he has his past posts blocked so you cannot quote him. Hmmmm.......
hmm guess, i do..............figured it was just a privacy thing to avoid internet stalking

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize, @SteelersPride. I jumped the gun calling you a DB, it was unnecessary. I should have handled it differently.

*Slides SP's beer of choice down tHoop's bar*

:suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bromance-lucas-and-nathan-scott-4519399-608-336.jpg