• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kurt Warner Visits Mariota In Nashville

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville,Tennessee---

On Friday, Kurt Warner was in Nashville with NFL Network to watch the Titans practice.

Marcus Mariota, the second overall pick of the NFL Draft, had another solid day. During the first seven days of training camp, Mariota still hasn’t thrown an interception.

Warner came away impressed by what he saw and heard. He believes the Titans might’ve found their quarterback.

In watching Mariota at Friday's practice the future Hall of Fame quarterback said he recognized poise from the rookie way beyond his years.

Some of the stuff I saw out here today just the command of what he was doing, Warner said. The confidence when he made throws, he was going to the right spot. He wasn't tentative when he let the ball go. Watching him at the line of scrimmage when they did their no huddle drill, pointing things out and being demonstrative and being in control, that to me is what is most impressive.

The physical stuff always comes when you stop thinking and you start playing. So to see him thinking so much and having so much success early on, not making mistakes, and even watching out here, even when plays were bad, he wasn't trying to make the completion every time, he was throwing it away. Or he was putting where only his guy could get it. Those are all things that young guys, usually it takes them a long time to get to.

You check all the boxes physically, no question, not that you had a lot of boxes to check. You see the ball come out quick, you see plenty of velocity on the ball. I don’t think there is any question about the footwork and that kind of stuff, we knew he was a great athlete from that standpoint, Warner said of Mariota.

Just the command that he has, and seeing how he adjusts plays at the line of scrimmage, it’s really impressive for a guy who hasn’t been in the system very long.

He looks like he is full command. He is already in a leadership role which is rare for a rookie. Guys are looking at him as a leader already significant so quickly. Plays that didn't materialize he made good decisions with the football which is a good sign. Mariota is confident when he drops back and throws the ball,clearly knows what to do. He is confident and smart. He looks like the real deal putting it where only his wr can catch it.

Warner said endorsement from the coaching staff is what impresses him most.

I think you saw all the things people were raving about. His comfort level with the guys, his command with the huddle, you saw him under center and in the shotgun and then with his decision making ... No interceptions up to this point in camp. He's actually years ahead of where they thought he would be.

Titans are in a great situation right now. They have two good young QB's. Mettenberger looks strong and comfortable as well as Mariota.

I was very impressed in just the limited time (I watched him), but I think more impressed with the way people talk about him, and how far ahead he is of even their expectations.

They are different, but they are similar, Whisenhunt said of Warner and Mariota. Their mindset, how they go about the game. Marcus is very early in his career, but the way he prepares and the way he handles himself, there’s a lot of similarities there to Kurt.

CLz3b5vUAAAm3Jv.jpg

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt was damn good. How did he not get a shot earlier?

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt was damn good. How did he not get a shot earlier?

I think Warner could've played two or three more years. Not sure why the Cards didn't just pay him. Arizona made him a lower offer than he liked and he retired i believe in 2011. He only played twelve years but managed to go to three Super Bowls winning one and losing two in the closing minutes. He took two different teams to the Super Bowl. He definitely came out of nowhere in '99 thats for sure.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Warner could've played two or three more years. Not sure why the Cards didn't just pay him. Arizona made him a lower offer than he liked and he retired i believe in 2011. He only played twelve years but managed to go to three Super Bowls winning one and losing two in the closing minutes. He took two different teams to the Super Bowl. He definitely came out of nowhere in '99 thats for sure.

Loved to watch him throw the ball. What an arm........

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never forget these quotes once made by Chip Kelly about Mariota....

"He might be the fastest guy on the field. But his mind is even faster... thinks like Manning.

"People in contact with Kelly through his initial NFL coaching interviews say he gushed about Mariota even way back then, calling him the most talented player he had ever worked with, a tremendous kid and glowing quarterback whom Kelly believed "would win multiple Super Bowls"

"He’s a special player and he’s just got a gift for playing football. He’s everything you want. He can throw the ball, he can run. He’s the most talented kid i ever coached."

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never forget these quotes once made by Chip Kelly about Mariota....

"He might be the fastest guy on the field. But his mind is even faster... thinks like Manning.

"People in contact with Kelly through his initial NFL coaching interviews say he gushed about Mariota even way back then, calling him the most talented player he had ever worked with, a tremendous kid and glowing quarterback whom Kelly believed "would win multiple Super Bowls"

"He’s a special player and he’s just got a gift for playing football. He’s everything you want. He can throw the ball, he can run. He’s the most talented kid i ever coached."
....and the titans will continue to suck but with a few more high-lite plays like Atlanta with Vick. Tenn isn't winning anything other then an early round playoff game for years to come

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and the titans will continue to suck but with a few more high-lite plays like Atlanta with Vick. Tenn isn't winning anything other then an early round playoff game for years to come
great analysis new guy

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He worked with Kaepernick; it's only fitting he'll go visit Kaepernick 2.0.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wth are you talking about? Warner retired because of concussion & injury worries. He played through some serious injuries & missed several game in 2009 due to a concussion. Then he got roasted on an int in the playoffs against New Orleans. His wife was the main driver in his retiring. He was under contract when he retired. He still participates in functions with the organization.

Edit: By the way, he gave up $11.5 mil by retiring. $4 mil in salary & $7.5 mil in returning half of the $15 mil signing bonus.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warner was an amazing success story.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wth are you talking about? Warner retired because of concussion & injury worries. He played through some serious injuries & missed several game in 2009 due to a concussion. Then he got roasted on an int in the playoffs against New Orleans. His wife was the main driver in his retiring. He was under contract when he retired. He still participates in functions with the organization.

Edit: By the way, he gave up $11.5 mil by retiring. $4 mil in salary & $7.5 mil in returning half of the $15 mil signing bonus.

I was off by one year he retired in 2010. You are correct he retired because of concussion and injury worries. Got this confused with something else.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes,you don't remember the guy was literally working in a grocery store. He overcome great odds. Going to three super bowls in twelve years and doing it woth two different teams i got to hand it to Warner he was pretty good.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably read something that dumbass Dave Razzano put out there. That guy is a notorious for putting out controversial & blatantly wrong info just to stir up trouble. He was also a former Cardinal scout who was fired.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes,you don't remember the guy was literally working in a grocery store. He overcome great odds. Going to three super bowls in twelve years and doing it woth two different teams i got to hand it to Warner he was pretty good.
yes i remember, my point was , it was blatantly obvious hes a success story

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL,alright man is there anything else in your crystal ball? I never followed Mariota while he was in Oregon and don't really care. However i have looked at his highlights,statistics,scouting reports,etc. the guy seems like the real deal. He had one of the best TD/INT ratios in college history and was an equal threat passing as well as running. You ain't the first and won't be the last hater to say Tennessee sucks. Bottom line if the guy can stay healthy and avoid injuries he will be a game changer there is no doubt in my mind.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes i remember, my point was , it was blatantly obvious hes a success story

I got ya,sometimes its hard to tell with the written word when someone is joking or being sarcastic,lol.