• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kroenke buys land in L.A.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just face it. LA is going to get a team eventually, maybe even two. Whether a current team migrates there, or through expansion. The NFL and $$$ worshipping Goofdell aren't going to let one of the biggest demographics in the country go untapped very much longer. For crying out loud they're talking about expansion over to England, you think they're not going to exhaust all $$$ avenues here first.

I would hate to see the Rams leave St. Louis for multiple reasons. They won their only SB there, and the fans didn't give a damn about the team when they left LA in the first place. But with that being said, if St. Louis doesn't want to do anything to keep the Rams then all that can be said is the hell with them. They offered 124 million to renovate the stadium, but an arbitrator ruled that 700 million was fair. Of course St. Louis balked and said they weren't going to go for that. So be it. They deserve what the get, or lose in this case. What they don't realize is that if the Rams leave, another team won't be coming to St. Louis anytime soon in light of their tepid attempts to find a solution and their cheapskate mentality. If the Rams leave St. Louis will regret it for a long time, and eventually have to spend the $$$ anyway to attempt to lure another team there, or apply for expansion. What a bunch of stupid people must be running that city.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is precisely what Kroneke has been rumored to express to folks in LA on several occasions, Boss429. Kroneke basically thinks St Louis's City Hall are collective bunch of midwestern hacks and he is had enough of them.

I think ole Kroneke better think long and hard about moving to LA though in light of the latest satellite pictures of the drought affecting the Colorado river and Lake Meade. Both of them are drying up at an alarming rate. The folks in Las Vegas would be the first affected but a lot of that water from both those sources goes to southern California as well.

Ole, Doobie brains Jerry is now advising people in LA to take shorter showers and only flush the toilet when necessary. LOLOL! What the hell does that mean?? Freakin idiots in Sacramento had a chance to build a desalinization plant in LA back in the early 70's and they deemed it too expensive back then. What do you think it would cost now?

Houston went ahead and built theirs and they have plenty of water. Not LA. And now they are in deep shit-almost literally. I am sure anybody would want to go to a football game where there are no toilets that are operative. Ooooh!! LA could turn out to be a wasteland yet if they get no snow in Colorado or rain along its banks. We shall see how all of this plays out.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll betcha the NFL/ owners would vote yes on this supposively proposal in a heartbeat. LA would be building a State of the Art facility in a high revenue area. Why wouldnt the owners not want this? All speculation though, could be a Walmart going in.

The nfl wants an expansion team in LA not a current team. It will cost Stan hundreds of millions in nfl penaltys to relocate he doesn't want to pay that. And if the nfl did for some reason change their minds Oakland, San Diego, buffalo, Jacksonville will be in line in front of the rams with a better case then the Rams. The Rams lease here is cheap and they are making money, the other teams have a much better case to move to the nfl.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate to see the Rams leave St. Louis for multiple reasons. They won their only SB there, and the fans didn't give a damn about the team when they left LA in the first place. But with that being said, if St. Louis doesn't want to do anything to keep the Rams then all that can be said is the hell with them. They offered 124 million to renovate the stadium, but an arbitrator ruled that 700 million was fair. Of course St. Louis balked and said they weren't going to go for that. So be it. They deserve what the get, or lose in this case. What they don't realize is that if the Rams leave, another team won't be coming to St. Louis anytime soon in light of their tepid attempts to find a solution and their cheapskate mentality. If the Rams leave St. Louis will regret it for a long time, and eventually have to spend the $$$ anyway to attempt to lure another team there, or apply for expansion. What a bunch of stupid people must be running that city.
STL has the worst economic growth in the country last time I checked but the big issue with the Rams is that they've been bad for a very long time now. Its hard to sell any city that has a really good franchise (the Cardinals) and a pretty good franchise (the Blues) on one that averages 5 wins a season. LA is included in that, Id imagine.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so LA it's self will never get a team for one obvious reason POLITICIANS!! The city of LA is a steaming pile of dung controlled by the politicians that are so anti-bipartisan they argue about which way to wipe your ass after taking a dump. Forwards or backwards......No team will ever move back to the city of LA because of all of the flaming hoops any team ownership and city counsel will have to jump through just to get porter potties put in on a temporary basis. I live in LA and I'll tell you, I fucking hate it. Nothing ever gets done here. Not to mention traffic is already crazy bad here and you'll likely have a blow out on the way to the park due to the massive pot holes in the streets. I'm all for the Rams moving back to LA but I highly doubt anything ever gets accomplished here. Not to mention AEG wants 50% ownership of any team that moves here. Sorry AEG no owner wants to give up that much control/money.

One intriguing location would be in the city of industry. It's actually in a fantastic spot where I could actually see a stadium being built. It's even in the county of Los Angels so they could still be called the LA Rams (or whatever team) so all those LA hippie cry babies can shut up. This would be a great location, it's between two major freeways and backed up against the LA foothills. Traffic would be a breeze and they wouldn't have to deal with all the political BS. I think there's only one hang up with the guy who owns the land. I seem to remember him saying he would give a owner the land for a small ownership of the team and the owner would have to front the bill for the staium. I could be off on that so don't hold my feet to the fire.

A couple of interesting other things that kind of popped out at me when I saw this thread is: Fisher has been through this before. When the Titans moved Fisher held everything together and didn't let the team get distracted while they were being relocated. Could Stan have picked Fisher because of his previous experience with a moving a team? Also some of you have asked why haven't we heard ANYTHING about the current situation with the stadium in Stl? One reason would be if the Rams were moving we wont hear about it until the offseason of the year they are moving. Reason being; Money! Who could honestly say they would buy season tickets to a game where the team is moving the following season? They would lose millions.

We'll see what happens personally I don't mind the Rams playing in STL. I get to watch them every Sunday on TV and I don't feel so bad when they suck. Which is often.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, the NFL controls the LA market...period. Goddell has made it clear he wants expansion teams number 33 and 34 in Los Angeles at a price of the 1 BILLION dollar expansion fee PER TEAM.. of course all 32 other owners split that 1 Billion so there is no way in hell any team is moving back there, at least not on Goddells watch. The Rams may go on a year to year lease per the current lease terms, however the Rams will get a new stadium here in St Louis..

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, the NFL controls the LA market...period. Goddell has made it clear he wants expansion teams number 33 and 34 in Los Angeles at a price of the 1 BILLION dollar expansion fee PER TEAM.. of course all 32 other owners split that 1 Billion so there is no way in hell any team is moving back there, at least not on Goddells watch. The Rams may go on a year to year lease per the current lease terms, however the Rams will get a new stadium here in St Louis..

Yes. :agree:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Where there's smoke, there's fire! :noidea:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL should expand in St Louis, put the Rams back in LA with the other NFC West Coast teams, great historical rivals! Then, an expansion team can use the 'lessor' facilities that St Louis wants to pay up for.

Oh anyone know the AEG footprint for Farmers Field?

While it's a small lot for sure, there are more than enough acres.

Stan is a business man and buys a lot of real estate.

I'm sure he still knows the first 3 rules of real estate...

1. Location
  2. Location
  3. Location
Personally I don't think he builds anything football related on that Hollywood Park lot other than a Professional Sports Field and Facility should he move his team to Los Angeles for two reason.

1. Stan has TWO shovel ready sites just say the word and they break ground. (Farmers Field & City of Industry)
  2. If Stan chooses the AEG site in down town, he would certainly need a top notch Sports Park nearby.
!!'Lightbuld'!!

Soon we'll know why he picked up the LA dirt in the first place. What we do know, it was cheap (Considering the WalMart debacle and Kroenke tie), Unimproved real estate in Los Angeles and/or a potential bargaining chip!

It looks to me like it's your move St Louis!

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan Kroenke bought property because that's what Stan Kroenke does. If St Louis won't build him a stadium then he can go build his own. Either way he's gonna need public money so I don't really know what this changes.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who knows, it wouldn't be the first time Goddell has said one thing and done another. We'll know more after next season

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"In 2012, the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission proposed a $124 million upgrade to help the Edward Jones Dome reach the "first tier" standard.

The Rams countered with a more elaborate proposal that was estimated to cost close to $700 million.

In February of last year, an arbitrator heard both proposals and ruled in favor of the Rams. Soon after, the commission made it clear it does not intend to follow through with the plan, meaning the lease will almost certainly expire after next season.

When asked whether he believes the Rams and St. Louis have had ongoing dialogue, Goodell indicated that he wouldn't categorize the discussions as "active negotiations" but there have been "a lot of discussions.""

"Goodell also reiterated that any team looking to move to Los Angeles or any other city would still have substantial hurdles to clear, including the blessing of at least 24 NFL owners. The league has a strict and expensive set of guidelines for a team to meet before relocation would even be put to a vote before the league's 32 owners.

The Rams' lease with the Edward Jones Dome contains an escape clause that is set to kick in at the end of the 2014 season. If the stadium hasn't been upgraded to one of the eight best venues in the NFL before that time, the Rams' lease will then become a year-to-year proposition beginning in 2015."

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"In 2012, the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission proposed a $124 million upgrade to help the Edward Jones Dome reach the "first tier" standard.

The Rams countered with a more elaborate proposal that was estimated to cost close to $700 million.

In February of last year, an arbitrator heard both proposals and ruled in favor of the Rams. Soon after, the commission made it clear it does not intend to follow through with the plan, meaning the lease will almost certainly expire after next season.

When asked whether he believes the Rams and St. Louis have had ongoing dialogue, Goodell indicated that he wouldn't categorize the discussions as "active negotiations" but there have been "a lot of discussions.""

"Goodell also reiterated that any team looking to move to Los Angeles or any other city would still have substantial hurdles to clear, including the blessing of at least 24 NFL owners. The league has a strict and expensive set of guidelines for a team to meet before relocation would even be put to a vote before the league's 32 owners.

The Rams' lease with the Edward Jones Dome contains an escape clause that is set to kick in at the end of the 2014 season. If the stadium hasn't been upgraded to one of the eight best venues in the NFL before that time, the Rams' lease will then become a year-to-year proposition beginning in 2015."

It's really all speculation at this point. About every 6 months something comes up and everyone in LA and Stl freaks out.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats true jacob...about every 6 months or so...lol

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats true jacob...about every 6 months or so...lol

lol have you seen all the articles this week about it? Sooo funny, articles from both sides, the Rams are as good as gone vs. the Rams are here to stay........I hate the media.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kroneke doesn't NEED public money. He is the money bracket of say goober boy Jerry Jones. Kroneke can build a stadium anytime he wants with his own money. He'd rather have the public chip in so he doesn't have to spend HIS money.