• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kovy to Devils confirmed

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...so you're saying we don't get to see him sign the contract as part of "The Decision II"?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...so you're saying we don't get to see him sign the contract as part of "The Decision II"?

Even though it is Kovy, I would probably have been more interested in that than in "The Decision I." All that did was affirm my hatred of Basketball. Talking about a soft cap. I think they signed another 5 FA's after spending like $300 million on the big 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good -- it's settled.

Can we keep this cock suckers name off our board now???

Evilflyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Tox but I have to say this....Kovi got a 17year contract for $102 mil.....also the NHL said NO to the contract( from what I read on espn) so he and the devs are a no go at this point. Front loaded contract per the NHL and WAY to many years.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
haha and right after all 7 Devils fans went out and bought their Kovalchuk jerseys.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Tox but I have to say this....Kovi got a 17year contract for $102 mil.....also the NHL said NO to the contract( from what I read on espn) so he and the devs are a no go at this point. Front loaded contract per the NHL and WAY to many years.

For this bit of hilarious news....It's all good EF. :)

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
anybody starting to wonder if holmgren is pissed that the whole kings/kovy/gagne thing fell apart now that kovy's contract was voided by the league. especially if kovy ends up going back to l.a. think about it....

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody starting to wonder if holmgren is pissed that the whole kings/kovy/gagne thing fell apart now that kovy's contract was voided by the league. especially if kovy ends up going back to l.a. think about it....

He might be, but he still made a critical error in the handling of Gagne! I think we could have got a few good draft picks for him from someone!

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if i had to guess, i'd say he felt obligated to move gagne quickly after the whole kovy wait and see spectacle. philly is known as a franchise that treats it's players well. so making gagne sit and wait might have been a bit unseemly for holmer to take. being that tampa was the only other dance partner the press reported that means you'll get no really good draft picks in return. draft picks are the life blood of small market teams. getting rid of a million dollar defenseman is a salary dump to them.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i had to guess, i'd say he felt obligated to move gagne quickly after the whole kovy wait and see spectacle. philly is known as a franchise that treats it's players well. so making gagne sit and wait might have been a bit unseemly for holmer to take. being that tampa was the only other dance partner the press reported that means you'll get no really good draft picks in return. draft picks are the life blood of small market teams. getting rid of a million dollar defenseman is a salary dump to them.

I agree, I just think if he was already set on moving Gags, he could have done it sooner and maybe gotten a little better return.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he probably could have gotten a 2nd or 3rd maybe, instead of a fourth. it would have been easier if he had resigned gagne to a longer deal. or if he had traded him last year. but 1 year players are rentals. rentals are at their highest value just before the playoff trade deadline when a team knows it's gonna make the post season. not the case here. so tough sell for holmer. on the other hand, it always seems like every other team in the league thinks that philly can afford to come out on the shorter end of the trade stick. i always thought it was because the other g.m.'s hated clarke so much. not sure at this point...

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
gagne was not going to la according to john boruk. he said it was not even an option. gagne got to choose where he went and i guess he chose tampa bay.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gagne was not going to la according to john boruk. he said it was not even an option. gagne got to choose where he went and i guess he chose tampa bay.

If he did choose on his own, Stevie Y may have had a little influence. Oh well no harm no foul.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. From what I read, LA was offing less than a 4th and a Walker for him. Homer apparently had a conversation with LA before agreeing with Tampa. Also, Gagne wanted to stay on the east coast.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I am glad the NHL stepped up in this one. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that a 17 year $102 million k with the last 5 years at $550k is not valid. It will be interesting to see if the union even files an appeal.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'd bet my paycheck they do. although it gets easier and easier to bet my paycheck since we aren't talking a lot of money anymore...