• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe's a bad team-mate?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan was intense. He wanted to win. But he didn't continuously dog his teammates. Maybe some
Shit happened and he busted some balls but that unit was tight once Phil got there.

Yes he did - I heard enough reports from Phil in Los Angeles to know that and everyone told Kobe that he had to push them If he wanted a winning team

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kobes dad comes up dead because of Kobes gambling debts get back with me.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was Dirks Robin? 40 year old Kidd? Jet? Chandler?
Did Dirk say "pay me max for max years or I'll walk"?

I realize this might be silly to ask a Lakers fan, but you know there are big FA's who aren't the top FA's? Dallas has amassed a pretty good team of B-level FA's that play well together, and we still have tons of cap room in the future.

All roads lead back to "me first" Kobe as the issue.

id say for one year it was terry. he was on fire much of the playoffs. in all the prior years in playoffs he shot poorly when it mattered most and the mavs lost. hes on for one year and they were champs.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I realize this might be silly to ask a Lakers fan, but you know there are big FA's who aren't the top FA's? Dallas has amassed a pretty good team of B-level FA's that play well together, and we still have tons of cap room in the future. .

Dallas isn't winning a championship with that team. Cap room is all you'll ever have because no one besides B-level FA's want to play in Dallas, that's what made the Mavs recent championship so amazing. You're basically hoping that lightning will strike twice in the same place.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ was notorious for dogging his team-mates in practice, he was a first class prick.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think Melo will end up in Los Angeles. They'll put together a package and trade for him imo.

I'd love to see that happen. Melo's overrated and is over 30 years old. This would be good for my Warriors. :suds:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see that happen. Melo's overrated and is over 30 years old. This would be good for my Warriors. :suds:

Wow. In a year the Warriors are tearing through the league and the Lakers are as bad as anyone can remember you are still worried about moves the Lakers may make. This just speaks to the sustained excellence the Lakers organization has been able to achieve. Even in their bleakest of seasons opponents still are concerned about the Lakers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. In a year the Warriors are tearing through the league and the Lakers are as bad as anyone can remember you are still worried about moves the Lakers may make. This just speaks to the sustained excellence the Lakers organization has been able to achieve. Even in their bleakest of seasons opponents still are concerned about the Lakers.

Honestly, I think it's because folks figure that the Lakers will eventually be back. Whether you're one of the "conspiracy theorists" who believe that the NBA will eventually "gift" them a great player via "fixing the lottery" or approving some crazy trade that benefits them. Or whether you just look at their history, most assume that they will eventually be back. It's also why you don't really see any Lakers fans panicking.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I realize this might be silly to ask a Lakers fan, but you know there are big FA's who aren't the top FA's? Dallas has amassed a pretty good team of B-level FA's that play well together, and we still have tons of cap room in the future.

All roads lead back to "me first" Kobe as the issue.

Couple of things.

Teams like the Mavs a few years ago and the Pistons in 2005 are more of the exception that proves the rule. Every once in awhile, there will be a "1 superstar team" that puts it all together at the right time and wins a title. However, those teams tend to be "one off" type teams that can't sustain that level over 2 or 3 seasons. It's why neither the Pistons or Mavs were able to follow up with another title the next season.

Yes, there are nice B-level type FA's that can be gotten to put together a solid team, however, with no superstar(s) to attract them, a team has to use money which means a team ends up overpaying to get them. The team then ends up being a nice playoff team that ends up with 2nd round exits. If you get the superstar(s) first, then you get the "B-level" guys on more cap friendly deals because you offer them a shot at a title.

Good luck with all of that cap space in the future (which the Lakers also have, even with Kobe, btw). I have never been able to figure out why, but those top level FA's that a team needs to win multiple titles never seem to end up in Dallas.

So no, all roads don't lead back to "me first Kobe as the issue".

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Kobe a bad teammate? I don't know but I heard he fines himself $10,000 every time he passes the rock. That can't be a good sign he's a good teammate.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Kobe a bad teammate? I don't know but I heard he fines himself $10,000 every time he passes the rock. That can't be a good sign he's a good teammate.

9 assists last night.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would you like me to delete that post for you so that you don't have to be embarrassed by it?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 assists last night.

The box score from last nights game isn't correct. It should say: 5 assists & 9 turnovers!:nod:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you like me to delete that post for you so that you don't have to be embarrassed by it?

Hell no! I'm waiting to see how many Laker fans actually take me seriously.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same old tired joke with him.

My bad DJ. I keep forgetting about the unwritten SportsHoopla Law that states...Thou Shall Not Joke About the Lakers. To save you the trouble of thinking that I was serious w/ that 1st comment I will never, ever, ever take any shots at your Lakers again. I hope that clears things up!