• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe's a bad team-mate?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a fight/disagreement with a teammate doesn't make a player a bad teammated

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamstringing payroll when a no talent rookie can better your production...that makes you a bad teammate.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of punching teammates, didn't kobe punch samaki walker

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just holding those that say Kobe's a bad team-mate accountable.

#Hypocrisy

Not because of the fight, but Kobe is team cancer. Sure when payroll isn't an obstacle and you can pair him with another all world talent he can win. Problem is that he is all about getting his personal glory first and wins second.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not because of the fight, but Kobe is team cancer. Sure when payroll isn't an obstacle and you can pair him with another all world talent he can win. Problem is that he is all about getting his personal glory first and wins second.

Yep, as proven by those 5 rings he's got.:rollseyes:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are losing, there is nothing wrong with punching teammates.

If you are competing hard in practice, it's ok to punch teammates.

It actually might help the lakers here. Shake things up.

But Kobe has had some selfish moments. If not for Phil
Jackson, Kobe might have been the biggest cry baby ball hog ever. Until Shaq would have slapped him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, as proven by those 5 rings he's got.:rollseyes:

ANd without Shaq and an in-his-prime Pau? Is he enough talent to get one without those guys? Is he worth a massive chunk of your teams payroll?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are losing, there is nothing wrong with punching teammates.

If you are competing hard in practice, it's ok to punch teammates.

It actually might help the lakers here. Shake things up.

But Kobe has had some selfish moments. If not for Phil
Jackson, Kobe might have been the biggest cry baby ball hog ever. Until Shaq would have slapped him.

Phil definitely taught Kobe a lot.

I agree about it possibly helping the Lakers and Byron Scott sure liked it. From what has been said, that practice yesterday was child's play compared to what used to happen in the Showtime era Lakers practices and that's the culture and mindset that Scott is trying to establish with this team.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the lakers did the right thing. Make Kobe go out a laker and not let him walk. They are rebuilding anyway so why not.

Kobe works hard I'll give him that. He wants the ball. Jordan wanted the ball too. I dunno he was pretty young when he came into the league out of high school.

That's the problem with the nba today. Young guys coming in too early and it's not as physical. It's created a lazy league. Not a lot defense until April/may

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANd without Shaq and an in-his-prime Pau? Is he enough talent to get one without those guys? Is he worth a massive chunk of your teams payroll?

No one is talented enough to win a ring by themselves. Shaq never one won without Kobe or D-Wade, Pau doesn't have his 2 without Kobe, MJ never won any without Pippen, etc., etc.

As for the chunk of payroll, it didn't stop the Lakers from signing anyone in the past off-season. Lebron and 'Melo were both offered max deals and Jeanie and Mitch have both explained more than once how they could have gotten either one of those guys and still put pieces around them that could contend.

End of the day, they both did what everyone knew they would do and the Lakers weren't interested in sacrificing future cap space by overpaying for 2nd tier FA's.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the lakers did the right thing. Make Kobe go out a laker and not let him walk. They are rebuilding anyway so why not.

Kobe works hard I'll give him that. He wants the ball. Jordan wanted the ball too. I dunno he was pretty young he came into the league out of high school.

That's the problem with the nba today. Young guys coming in too early and it's not as physical.

:agree: I think the one and done is a bad deal for both the college game and the NBA. They should either go back to the way it used to be or make it that a player can't be drafted until they are at least 2 years out of high school. Too many of these guys are coming into the NBA and still having to be taught fundamentals that they should have learned in high school and/or college.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is talented enough to win a ring by themselves. Shaq never one won without Kobe or D-Wade, Pau doesn't have his 2 without Kobe, MJ never won any without Pippen, etc., etc.

As for the chunk of payroll, it didn't stop the Lakers from signing anyone in the past off-season. Lebron and 'Melo were both offered max deals and Jeanie and Mitch have both explained more than once how they could have gotten either one of those guys and still put pieces around them that could contend.

End of the day, they both did what everyone knew they would do and the Lakers weren't interested in sacrificing future cap space by overpaying for 2nd tier FA's.

Who was Dirks Robin? 40 year old Kidd? Jet? Chandler?
Did Dirk say "pay me max for max years or I'll walk"?

I realize this might be silly to ask a Lakers fan, but you know there are big FA's who aren't the top FA's? Dallas has amassed a pretty good team of B-level FA's that play well together, and we still have tons of cap room in the future.

All roads lead back to "me first" Kobe as the issue.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I think Melo will end up in Los Angeles. They'll put together a package and trade for him imo.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I think the one and done is a bad deal for both the college game and the NBA. They should either go back to the way it used to be or make it that a player can't be drafted until they are at least 2 years out of high school. Too many of these guys are coming into the NBA and still having to be taught fundamentals that they should have learned in high school and/or college.

I agree.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. And that's a big reason why the game is different. Along with the rules. Too many whistles now and touch fouls.

Jordan 1 year out of High school, was carrying teammates bags as a freshman and being coached by Dean Smith.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas and Detroit were the exceptions to win without at least 2 bonafide superstars that I can think of off the top of my head.

2 teams out of how many that have won titles? Very rare.