• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe Lashes Out at Kupchack in Front of Everyone

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe comment to Nick Young was pretty funny

I love Nick Young and Kobe's relationship.

Nick looks at Kobe as a big brother, but he isn't afraid to joke or talk shit to Kobe.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Just another NBA player talking trash at practice. Folks are making way too big a deal out of this. Our country is getting soft.

I agree, but one thing here. According to the report this is the first time Kobe scrimmaged with the players this season. Scott has been really conservative with Kobe's practices and etc, so I kind of think that when Kobe started this practice that he was shocked at how weak and slow they were and decided that they needed to be toughened up.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is playing with a bunch of overpaid bums:noidea:.

I'm surprised he held it in this long.

hes overpaid too.. probably a broken record on here. yeah hes still a highly productive player. but for his age. what current star players his age compare salary range...dirk 8 million, paul pierce 5 mil, tim Duncan 10 mil.. yeah theres bad contracts out there joe Johnson for example. cant change it now just hard to feel too bad for the guy when his contract is half the problem.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes overpaid too.. probably a broken record on here. yeah hes still a highly productive player. but for his age. what current star players his age compare salary range...dirk 8 million, paul pierce 5 mil, tim Duncan 10 mil.. yeah theres bad contracts out there joe Johnson for example. cant change it now just hard to feel too bad for the guy when his contract is half the problem.

In the West you need Superstar talent, not a bunch of mid-level players you hope will somehow magically turn into the Spurs. Kobe's contract did not stop the Lakers from being able to add another max contract.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to see AI show up in this thread. It seems Kobe and AI have very different philosophies on practice.

Maybe that at least partly explains why Kobe is Kobe and AI is "what could have been if only....."

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Nick Young and Kobe's relationship.

Nick looks at Kobe as a big brother, but he isn't afraid to joke or talk shit to Kobe.

Swaggy P definitely has the right attitude. At one point during the practice the two had this exchange:

Young: "Nobody in the world can guard me one on one."
Kobe: "You're going exactly where I want you to go."

Young also said:

You can't back down from a challenge. Me and Kobe are always going to talk trash and get into it. When he talks to everybody else, some people tend to shy away and I was telling them you have to have some guts in this league. It doesn't matter who it is. Play your game. Don't get any less confident. Talk trash right back to him.

Byron called it one of the best practices he's seen this season because of the "unbelievable intensity".

When he's practicing, our intensity level is totally higher. He just brings a different element...He treats it like a game.

I'm sure Byron couldn't help but like it, from what I've read and heard, that's what the Showtime era Lakers practices were like. Lots of competition, intensity and trash talk. That's what Byron is trying to instill in these guys.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to see AI show up in this thread. It seems Kobe and AI have very different philosophies on practice.

Maybe that at least partly explains why Kobe is Kobe and AI is "what could have been if only....."

Well put, Rob. It's funny to see the media make fun of Iverson's rant against practice for years only to turn around and try to make Kobe seem like the bad guy for taking it seriously.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is playing with a bunch of overpaid bums:noidea:.

I'm surprised he held it in this long.

This is one of the many reasons I love you. You may be Laker hater, but you keep it 100 at all times.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this as a big deal. Maybe, it's just me.

It's not. But it's Kobe, so the media has to make a big deal about it. Like Woj has said, he just needs to insert Kobe's name into the headline of any story and he gets double the clicks.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm staying in today, TJF, I said fuck it.

We're going to be in need of Moses if this rain keeps up! Or Noah, both have action movies so either will do.

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to have tough skin in any of the major professional leagues...

If not...

Be like SAMMY DAVIS JR and get to steppin....

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeelllllllllddddd!!!

Last edited by a moderator: