• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe: Cleveland making the same mistake the hornets did

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a 22 hour stop over at Hopkins International a few years back.

Almost got mugged at the designated smoking area outside and probably had the worst meal i've ever had in Lakewood.

Oh, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame smelled of feet!

:laugh3: I always judge a city by their airport! And that smell wasn't from the RnR HOF...that's just the way Cleveland always smells.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never liked you!:pound:

Just kidding Mecca! How are ya today? I was just fine until I saw an article that Braxton Miller won't play this year. DAMMIT

:yield:

Yeah, I saw that this morning.

Tough Break for Ohio CFB fans.

Hey, at least you still have Johnny Football!

:finger:The bird, bird, bird...the bird is the word :pound:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you watched him so far?

Not only is he lost out there, the opposing defensive players want to kill him.

He'll be watching with Braxton before to long would be my best guess.

On Monday night, Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel managed to create the single easiest day of sports radio ever thanks to getting caught by ESPN cameras flicking off the Redskins sideline.
It would still be fun to know why Manziel did that, outside of his "words were exchanged" comment after the game. Redskins safety Ryan Clark appeared on Mike & Mike Tuesday morning and claimed to know.
"I can tell you what the statement was that set him off. The statement was … This isn't college any more and these people are faster than you are," Clark said. "He didn't like it. That was me cleaning up the statement but that's pretty close to what it was."
Huh. Kind of expected more than that to be honest.
Like, Johnny Football is passionate, sure. And he has swagger and flair and gusto and all those things.
But if someone talking smack about the NFL not being college -- which is, by the way, the actual reality of the situation! -- causes you to fire the bird their way, what are you gonna do when people start talking about your family and your mom and your girlfriend or wife.
Don't wanna go full #HotSportsTake here or anything, but the lack of composure and awareness is pretty apparent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:finger:The bird, bird, bird...the bird is the word :pound:

Yeah gonna be a tough year for Buckeye football w/o their field general. Not sure how well they will do now. And Johnny Ca$$h...don't get me started on that jackasses antics last night. Nothing like showing the country that he's not mature enough to be a QB at the NFL level. I'm sick & tired of the Browns inability to do just about anything right since their return in '99. Gotta start rooting for a different NFL team, I wonder if there's any room on Duh $tealers$ bandwagon:bullshit:.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah gonna be a tough year for Buckeye football w/o their field general. Not sure how well they will do now. And Johnny Ca$$h...don't get me started on that jackasses antics last night. Nothing like showing the country that he's not mature enough to be a QB at the NFL level. I'm sick & tired of the Browns inability to do just about anything right since their return in '99. Gotta start rooting for a different NFL team, I wonder if there's any room on Duh $tealers$ bandwagon:bullshit:.

Maybe James someday will take his talents to the Browns in an another attempt to outdo MJ?:noidea:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you watched him so far?

Not only is he lost out there, the opposing defensive players want to kill him.

He'll be watching with Braxton before to long would be my best guess.

On Monday night, Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel managed to create the single easiest day of sports radio ever thanks to getting caught by ESPN cameras flicking off the Redskins sideline.
It would still be fun to know why Manziel did that, outside of his "words were exchanged" comment after the game. Redskins safety Ryan Clark appeared on Mike & Mike Tuesday morning and claimed to know.
"I can tell you what the statement was that set him off. The statement was … This isn't college any more and these people are faster than you are," Clark said. "He didn't like it. That was me cleaning up the statement but that's pretty close to what it was."
Huh. Kind of expected more than that to be honest.
Like, Johnny Football is passionate, sure. And he has swagger and flair and gusto and all those things.
But if someone talking smack about the NFL not being college -- which is, by the way, the actual reality of the situation! -- causes you to fire the bird their way, what are you gonna do when people start talking about your family and your mom and your girlfriend or wife.
Don't wanna go full #HotSportsTake here or anything, but the lack of composure and awareness is pretty apparent.

Last night was the first time I have seen him in action.

He was GARBAGE:L.

But, Hoyer was even worse :gaah:.

It's only the preseason, so I take it with a grain of salt.

But, they should probably glue Manziel's hind parts to the bench for the Season.

....if for nothing more than to keep defensive guys from going all Lawrence Taylor vs. Theismann on his candy ass.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe James someday will take his talents to the Browns in an another attempt to outdo MJ?:noidea:

You really, really, really, really hate LeBron for leaving your Heat. I mean your nonstop assault on him is comparable to Cavs fans when LeBron said he was taking his talents to South Beach.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go West, Young Man!

49ers!

I'm not a huge Football fan.

I was a Titans fan back in the McNair/Eddie George days.

I didn't follow him to Baltimore and totally stopped watching, until the playoffs, after he was murdered.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really, really, really, really hate LeBron for leaving your Heat. I mean your nonstop assault on him is comparable to Cavs fans when LeBron said he was taking his talents to South Beach.

:sadbron:?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The football reference was actually a joke.

There is a big difference though.

I'm not burning jersey's. I'm not saying he quit. I'm not saying he'll never win etc. etc. .and whatever other nonsense Cavs fans were spewing.

I'm just saying he's a douche.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragged it out? There are specific dates that the FA process has to follow by NBA rules. Did Kyrie call you and tell you he knew? A bunch of sore losers here. Cleveland the so called h e l l hole is beginning to look like a FA destination in the next few years. All that FN talk about Love going to LA and LeBron never going back to Cleveland sure didn't come to fruition now did it? He who laughs last laughs best.

I took the "LaFamilia" thing as enough proof.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took the "LaFamilia" thing as enough proof.

Why?

Maybe it was just a good guess?

Same with Millers instagram?

Same with Nike buying every billboard in Cleveland?

Same as all the moving trucks leaving his house photo?

Same as the person who could view hidden content on his website?

Same as Sheridan knowing exactly what was in the letter because someone at SI leaked it to him?

Need more??

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

Maybe it was just a good guess?

Same with Millers instagram?

Same with Nike buying every billboard in Cleveland?

Same as all the moving trucks leaving his house photo?

Same as the person who could view hidden content on his website?

Same as Sheridan knowing exactly what was in the letter because someone at SI leaked it to him?

Same with Lebron enrolling his kids in an Ohio school?

Need more??

:fify:

Article dated 5/29

According to multiple reports, LeBron’s two kids, Bryce Maximus and LeBron Jr., will be attending local public schooling next year in Bath Township, Ohio, where LeBron’s Akron mansion is located.

This may not be a sign that LeBron is coming back to Cleveland. But boy does it look like one. If anything it makes July 1st a lot more exciting. With the 2014 draft being 5 days earlier, with the anticipation of the Cavs offering a max contract to Kyrie, as well trying to lure LeBron back to Cleveland, this summer will be very interesting and exciting for the Wine & Gold.

LeBron will tell you he’s sending his kids to Bath because it’s where his home is. But boy is it a convenient time to send Bryce and LeBron Jr. to Akron schools, when he can opt out of his player option and test the market for free agency.

http://www.clesportstalk.net/2014/05/lebrons-kids-will-attend-school-back-home/

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron did get Brown fired. Then, when the Cavs hired Byron Scott, CP3 called Lebron and told him: "you got the coach you've been looking for". I'm not sure how slim the pickens necessarily were. I think Lebron was young and may have been caught up in the names of Shaq and Jamison rather than who they were by that time.

Lebron wasn't straightforward or honest with the Heat because he didn't let them know as soon as he knew he was gone. He dragged it out and left them scrambling to find replacements. He even met with Gilbert in secret.
He called both Arison and Riley telling them his plans, before his essay was put up, stating he was going back to Cleveland.

Scrambling to find replacements? Wasn't it a day after official signing day that his memo was put out? Who did Miami miss out on that already committed elsewhere? Bosh was waiting for James to decide where he was going to play before he re-signed with the Heat. Why no criticism for Bosh for waiting, instead of telling them he was going to sign? He did the same thing James did. Weighed his options and made a decision on where to play. Hell, he was ready to with Houston until offered the max.

Would it have mattered if James met with Gilbert publicly? All that would have done is create a bigger media circus than it already was. Besides, he was a FA when he met with Gilbert so nothing shady was done under the table.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say he was dishonest, because he basically said nothing.
He was deceitful though, because his decision really wasn't one, let alone last minute.

Did he owe the Heat anything? No.

Could / should he have told Riley and his brothers Wade/Bosh who lived the last 4 years with him taking the same shit? Of course.

Fact is, he knew Riley could have built a lot better roster had he have known what he had to work with.

Perhaps that roster could have went further then the Cavs next ?

James wants the easiest road possible,
It will be on his history tombstone
If that were the case, then why not stay? You say that James knew Riley could build a better roster, yet he took the easiest path by signing with Cleveland? You're contradicting yourself.

Speaking of easiest road possible. Why did Wade want Bosh and James to come to Miami in the first place? It sure as hell wasn't because he wanted to take the toughest road possible to championships...was it?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The football reference was actually a joke.

There is a big difference though.

I'm not burning jersey's. I'm not saying he quit. I'm not saying he'll never win etc. etc. .and whatever other nonsense Cavs fans were spewing.

I'm just saying he's a douche.

And to be fair, turnup said the same thing about him when he was with the Heat. He pretty much always said that Lebron's a prick, but he was glad he was on the Heat.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that were the case, then why not stay? You say that James knew Riley could build a better roster, yet he took the easiest path by signing with Cleveland? You're contradicting yourself.

Speaking of easiest road possible. Why did Wade want Bosh and James to come to Miami in the first place? It sure as hell wasn't because he wanted to take the toughest road possible to championships...was it?

No.
Riley added about all he could operating under the premise of James staying.

I'm saying if he approaches July 1 with the mindset of no James combined with 25-30M he would have made different decisions.

As far as easiest path , I meant that James didn't want Riley to be able to do what I just wrote.

And yes, he did the something coming here.
Only reason to think he might have done it differently was because of his relationship with Wade/Bosh.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He called both Arison and Riley telling them his plans, before his essay was put up, stating he was going back to Cleveland.

Scrambling to find replacements? Wasn't it a day after official signing day that his memo was put out? Who did Miami miss out on that already committed elsewhere? Bosh was waiting for James to decide where he was going to play before he re-signed with the Heat. Why no criticism for Bosh for waiting, instead of telling them he was going to sign? He did the same thing James did. Weighed his options and made a decision on where to play. Hell, he was ready to with Houston until offered the max.

Would it have mattered if James met with Gilbert publicly? All that would have done is create a bigger media circus than it already was. Besides, he was a FA when he met with Gilbert so nothing shady was done under the table.

He called them just before it was going to be released. What a great guy.:clap:

Bosh was waiting for 1 of 2 things to happen.
Join James at a reduced salary or want a max if James left.
He did nothing wrong.
He made his decision within minutes of knowing his options once James officially announced.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:fify:

Article dated 5/29

According to multiple reports, LeBron’s two kids, Bryce Maximus and LeBron Jr., will be attending local public schooling next year in Bath Township, Ohio, where LeBron’s Akron mansion is located.

This may not be a sign that LeBron is coming back to Cleveland. But boy does it look like one. If anything it makes July 1st a lot more exciting. With the 2014 draft being 5 days earlier, with the anticipation of the Cavs offering a max contract to Kyrie, as well trying to lure LeBron back to Cleveland, this summer will be very interesting and exciting for the Wine & Gold.

LeBron will tell you he’s sending his kids to Bath because it’s where his home is. But boy is it a convenient time to send Bryce and LeBron Jr. to Akron schools, when he can opt out of his player option and test the market for free agency.

LeBron?s Kids Will Attend School Back Home ? Cleveland Sports Talk

I knew about the school stuff.
I said there was more.

How about when he met with Nike in Vegas, the room was decorated in wine/gold ?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He called them long after he had already made his decision, he dragged it out. There's really no questioning that. He also met in secret with Gilbert.

Miami missed out on getting in on the Carmelo bidding. By the time Lebron announced, 'Melo was already down to the Knicks or the Lakers and it was a bit late for the Heat to get their foot in the door given that they still had Bosh and Wade to deal with.

Didn't necessarily need to meet with him publically, but by doing it in secret (if memory serves, his agent was claiming Lebron hadn't met with Gilbert) impacted the Heat's ability to move on to other options. They were essentially waiting on a meeting, that to their knowledge, hadn't happened yet.

I get that you're a Lebron fan, but it's pretty obvious that Lebron was fairly deceitful/not entirely honest in this whole process. Hell, even "his" letter doesn't seem very honest given what's going on now.

While I've never been a huge fan of Carmelo, I was impressed with how he handled his free agency vs. how Lebron handled his. He was pretty open about it and as he narrowed down his choices, he let the teams that were out of the running know pretty quickly so that they could move on.