• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks still...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you looked at these guys as the best 6th man on a team, you can say they would be a starter for someone else. Well now they are.

lol

Being able to start for someone else, doesn't mean they can star or even be a 1st or 2nd option for someone else.

And most of the Knicks starters would be 6th men or less for someone else.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down at half by 25, say your goodbyes , the lite is fizzing out!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article does a nice job of explaining what's wrong with the Knicks.

Heisler: New York Knicks keep mucking up the Mecca – Orange County Register

Hint: it's basically what we've all been saying.

A couple of highlights:

"In New York, NBA prosperity is still deemed to depend on how the Knicks do. Free Agents are always said to want to go to the Knicks. In fact, the NBA has become prosperous as never before while the Knicks have posted 3 winning seasons in the past 18. Elite free agents go anywhere else. Hoopshype.com lists the Knicks top 5 free agent signings of the past 25 plus years as:

1.) Allan Houston
2.) Amare Stoudemire
3.) Tyson Chandler
4.) Anthony Mason
5.) Kurt Thomas"

"Instead of the stars the Knicks were drooling over...or any stars...they spent $70 million dollars of cap room on a gaggle of power forwards - Julius Randle, Bobby Portis and Taj Gibson - and decided they had pulled off a coup too.

'Jim (Dolan) knew we were going to have a successful free agency period and we feel like we did that,' Knicks president Steve Mills crowed in a show of self-deluding obsequiousness."

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA players are probably the biggest bunch of puffs in all sports!

Stars don’t want to play here because the media would hold them accountable!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not true.

They don’t want to play for the Knicks because the organization is awful and they don’t trust that the people in charge would be able to fill out the roster correctly to make them contenders.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOOOO true! It was every kids dream to play in the Mecca , now all of a sudden they don’t? Cmon man, if kyrie and Kd would have come here like they led people to believe they would have become instant contenders. If the knicks would have gotten Zion , all this BS would be just that!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Brickabockers owner in the biggest jackass in the NBA. And the organization is more dysfunctional than any other team. But that has nothing to do with players not wanting to play in N.Y. right?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dd
The Brickabockers owner in the biggest jackass in the NBA. And the organization is more dysfunctional than any other team. But that has nothing to do with players not wanting to play in N.Y. right?

What the heck can a bad GM do to a stud player?

Again, it goes for all sports, it’s been said for years that star players don’t want to play in NY, too much pressure!

It’s all about the bucks! You have to a very special player to perform and succeed in NY!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last nite, if you would have seen fizz walk off the court, he knows he’s done!

Now, he’s had 2 opps and failed both. He had a problem with personnel in Memphis , and clearly did not get through to any players here in 2 years!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dd

Again, it goes for all sports, it’s been said for years that star players don’t want to play in NY, too much pressure!

It’s all about the bucks! You have to a very special player to perform and succeed in NY!

Can you post a link backing up what you're saying? I also find it odd you see no fault in Dolan. The Knicks haven't been good for most of this century. I don't buy your "pressure" excuse unless you can back it up with some proof.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOOOO true! It was every kids dream to play in the Mecca , now all of a sudden they don’t? Cmon man, if kyrie and Kd would have come here like they led people to believe they would have become instant contenders. If the knicks would have gotten Zion , all this BS would be just that!
But they didn't come there, when the lane was wide open to. They didn't for all the reasons you have been told.

What exactly do you think your audience hears when you keep repeating stupid bullshit? No one agrees with you. Anywhere.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dd

But the Yankees and Mets sign FAs all the time. Rangers too. Also Brooklyn is very much NY media.

You're wrong, again.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you post a link backing up what you're saying? I also find it odd you see no fault in Dolan. The Knicks haven't been good for most of this century. I don't buy your "pressure" excuse unless you can back it up with some proof.

I can’t stand Dolan, and I would never defend the moron! But he own 2 teams and the other has NO issues like the knicks have!

All major sports in NY have had many star players play for them, and most of them that succeeded elsewhere, failed here in NY, do I really have to list them all, too many!!!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t stand Dolan, and I would never defend the moron! But he own 2 teams and the other has NO issues like the knicks have!

All major sports in NY have had many star players play for them, and most of them that succeeded elsewhere, failed here in NY, do I really have to list them all, too many!!!

Other N.Y. teams haven't had the issues the Knicks have had. Why is that? Yet you're trying to say media scrutiny is why they aren't good. I don't believe it.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Yankees and Mets sign FAs all the time. Rangers too. Also Brooklyn is very much NY media.

You're wrong, again.

You're wrong, again.
Yea, and what do yankee fans think of the arod and Stanton deals? And ranger fans when they gave up gabby for Nash?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hockey is a lot different than basketball.

Ted Leonsis has been a successful hockey owner too. NBA, not so much.

Dolan’s track record with the Knicks speaks for itself. There is zero correlation between the 2 leagues. Even suggesting that is further proof you have no clue what you are talking about.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other N.Y. teams haven't had the issues the Knicks have had. Why is that? Yet you're trying to say media scrutiny is why they aren't good. I don't believe it.
Hockey is a lot different than basketball.

Ted Leonsis has been a successful hockey owner too. NBA, not so much.

Dolan’s track record with the Knicks speaks for itself. There is zero correlation between the 2 leagues. Even suggesting that is further proof you have no clue what you are talking about.

Lol

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh wait, you never heard the media talk about how tough the ny media is on star players who play in ny? Lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wait, you never heard the media talk about how tough the ny media is on star players who play in ny? Lol

Yep the NY media is so mean & tough it only effects the Knicks & no other teams in that state.