• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks still...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well aware of that, it just doesn’t make sense if you think about it!

Last night, Robinson was well above rim, ball was in cylinder, Allen clobbers Robinson last second , he and rim, ball comes out of cylinder, and it’s called a 2 shot foul.

im calling for a rule change.

They have a 4 pt play which the fans love, and quickley got Knicks first last night, home crowd went nuts,•

Robinson’s play should be an an automatic with a free throw for which we will call the pasta 3 .

BTW: Knicks defense is incredible while everything else needs major work. Thibs, got to be more than one dimensional. Stop and pop!!!!! Stop and pop!!!! Every team is playin zone on ya, and, last nite for the first time they did it and was successful. ONCE!!! Cmon thibs , ya just might open some more eyes with some offensive strategy.

It makes perfect sense.

You are suggesting players can’t block dunk attempts.

If the defender goes through the cylinder or is goal tending. If he goes around the cylinder and knocks the ball out of the offensive player’s hand it is legit.

No need to change the rule.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes perfect sense.

You are suggesting players can’t block dunk attempts.

If the defender goes through the cylinder or is goal tending. If he goes around the cylinder and knocks the ball out of the offensive player’s hand it is legit.

No need to change the rules.

I never said that

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that

What?

You said goaltending should still be called when the dunker gets blocked with the ball in his hand.

That is literally what this was about.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

You said goaltending should still be called when the dunker gets blocked with the ball in his hand.

That is literally what this was about.

never suggested that a dunk cannot be blocked.

all I’m suggesting is that it should be left to the refs discretion that if the offensive player has the advantage, call it a basket and a foul!

Many times the defenseman will let guy go on easy basket to not be called for foul and then a 3 pt play.

In last nights case, had Robinson not been clocked from behind , it was an easy 2 , and, not only did he interfere with rim, Robinson could have been injured.

Isn’t it today’s rules to protect the player in a vulnerable position?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never suggested that a dunk cannot be blocked.

all I’m suggesting is that it should be left to the refs discretion that if the offensive player has the advantage, call it a basket and a foul!

Many times the defenseman will let guy go on easy basket to not be called for foul and then a 3 pt play.

In last nights case, had Robinson not been clocked from behind , it was an easy 2 , and, not only did he interfere with rim, Robinson could have been injured.

Isn’t it today’s rules to protect the player in a vulnerable position?

Well yeah, if the player gets fouled then it is a foul.

For it to be a basket too, it has to actually go through the hoop like any other scoring play.

Your idea leaves too much up to judgement.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah, if the player gets fouled then it is a foul.

For it to be a basket too, it has to actually go through the hoop like any other scoring play.

Your idea leaves too much up to judgement.
In football , your body can be completely out of bounds, as long both feet are in air, if ball breaks plane with left or right hand, it’s a touchdown!

in basketball, if a player has both hands on ball , goes above rim with ball, comes down with ball in hand(s) , ball crosses rim/ cylinder, it should be a basket.

In this case defenseman caused the rim/cylinder , jerk reaction, caused the ball to pop back out, should be a reviewable challenge.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in basketball, if a player has both hands on ball , goes above rim with ball, comes down with ball in hand(s) , ball crosses rim/ cylinder, it should be a basket.

So by your "lawjik" if a player goes up for an uncontested dunk and misses the dunk because he hit the back of the rim, it should be a basket. After all, the ball crosses the rim/cylinder.

Fucking brilliant. You should be the entire NBA rules committee all by yourself.

I'll bet every NBA player who's ever blown a dunk would support this wholeheartedly.

Does your brain ever get tired from all of this brilliance?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In football , your body can be completely out of bounds, as long both feet are in air, if ball breaks plane with left or right hand, it’s a touchdown!

In this case defenseman caused the rim/cylinder , jerk reaction, caused the ball to pop back out, should be a reviewable challenge.

Well now that is different.

If the defender hits the rim or backboard and jostles it, then that is goaltending whether they touch the ball or not. No need for a rule change.

More often though, it is the offensive player that pulls down on the rim on a dunk attempt.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now that is different.

If the defender hits the rim or backboard and jostles it, then that is goaltending whether they touch the ball or not. No need for a rule change.

More often though, it is the offensive player that pulls down on the rim on a dunk attempt.
Once again, you’re slowly getting it.

yes , it is the offensive player that pulls down on rim, form of taunting, which used to be called , however, they changed that for the sake of possibly coming down on another player, prevent injury. But, that is after the ball has completely gone through cylinder.

The case I’m argiung is the ball penetrated cylinder , popped back out because of the force, foul, of the defender...

now, the player Robinson is awarded 2 fouls shots, a terrible foul shooter. If he misses both, the easy 2 becomes nothing, and the defender, who out of frustration cause he was beat, got away with it.

Now doesn’t that give incentive to commit that type of foul, one that can not only takes 2 legit pts away, but also can injure?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes , it is the offensive player that pulls down on rim, form of taunting, which used to be called , however, they changed that for the sake of possibly coming down on another player, prevent injury. But, that is after the ball has completely gone through cylinder.

The case I’m argiung is the ball penetrated cylinder , popped back out because of the force, foul, of the defender...

now, the player Robinson is awarded 2 fouls shots, a terrible foul shooter. If he misses both, the easy 2 becomes nothing, and the defender, who out of frustration cause he was beat, got away with it.

Now doesn’t that give incentive to commit that type of foul, one that can not only takes 2 legit pts away, but also can injure?
I believe the rule is a basket counts when it has cleared the net, not just the rim.
And in your scenario, yes the offense loses 2 points, but the defender picks up a foul. He did not get away with it, he can't just do this all day.
And it would be an extremely rare occasion when a foul caused a dunk to fly back out before clearing he net without defensive goaltending in addition to the foul.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Serious question.

Why aren't you coaching an NBA team right now?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, easy solution.

Either get better at free throws or make the dunk anyway.

Or both.

And there is always some incentive to try and give a foul when a player is going in for a dunk. But current flagrant foul rules pretty much cover the dangerous play from an injury standpoint.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than you got, apparently
I don’t know how a discussion about a suggestion for a rule change got into a coaching discussion, but hey!!!

And I’m the one whose mental state is being questioned?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how a discussion about a suggestion for a rule change got into a coaching discussion, but hey!!!

And I’m the one whose mental state is being questioned?
Nobody questions your mental state. We know you are nuts.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question to you...

does it really take much to be an NBA coach today?

Hey you're the one that incorrectly said the only problems the Brickabockers have was Fizdale. They're 9-12. Seems like Fizdale wasn't their only issues after all.

Does it really take much to be an NBA coach today? Well if anyone could be a coach then why aren't you the coach of the Brickabockers?

Coaches mean nothing. Signed- Pop, Spo & the Zen Master. But in general NBA coaches don't have the impact say MLB managers or NFL coaches have.

The NBA is a star-driven league. Can't say that about any other sport in the country. But a good/great coach is the difference between just going to the playoffs year in and year out and actually winning it all. So yeah coaches do matter in the NBA. Funny you think otherwise.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is a star-driven league. Can't say that about any other sport in the country. But a good/great coach is the difference between just going to the playoffs year in and year out and actually winning it all. So yeah coaches do matter in the NBA. Funny you think otherwise.
Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes say, "Hi."

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you're the one that incorrectly said the only problems the Brickabockers have was Fizdale. They're 9-12. Seems like Fizdale wasn't their only issues after all.

Does it really take much to be an NBA coach today? Well if anyone could be a coach then why aren't you the coach of the Brickabockers?

Coaches mean nothing. Signed- Pop, Spo & the Zen Master. But in general NBA coaches don't have the impact say MLB managers or NFL coaches have.

You & T lance go to different schools together?

Send me an address I’ll send money for you to learn reading comprehension!

This roster is as challenged as past Knick rosters . Only difference is thibs put an emphasis on defense.

like coaches in the NBA, a teams record right now are meaningless. Just look at the nets. Most explosive offense in league, lost to 4-12 wizards...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You & T lance go to different schools together?

Send me an address I’ll send money for you to learn reading comprehension!

This roster is as challenged as past Knick rosters . Only difference is thibs put an emphasis on defense.

like coaches in the NBA, a teams record right now are meaningless. Just look at the nets. Most explosive offense in league, lost to 4-12 wizards...

You're an idiot. But if you're willing to send me some money here's my address.

S.T. Oner

420 Marijuana Way
Boulder, CO. 1-4-420

Are you willing to say the Brickabockers are a lock for the playoffs this season?