• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks still...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portzingis
That they voluntarily traded. Shitty management. It's not like he chose to go somewhere as a free agent. Why didn't they keep him and convince him that they would build around him.

The Knicks have occasionally drafted good players. Unlike Philly, the Knicks management has not put together a plan to become good while the team stuggles for players to buy into. This leads to anyone who becomes a free agent bailing because there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Hard to build a team when any talent you have doesn't want to be there and leaves at the first opportunity.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roughly 5% of their cap goes to Noah for the next 2-3 years?
Not the end of the world, because they aren't going anywhere in the next 2-3 years anyways.
Sparhawk said:
There is no longer a guarantee that finishing with the worst record will get you a top 3 pick, let alone the top pick.

What really separates them from any other rebuilding team?
Nothing.

But being just like any other rebuilding team would be a dramatic improvement for them... currently, they're a laughing stock...

At the very least, they have Barrett. And Barrett looks like a player. So... that's not nothing.

Amass draft picks and then hope to get lucky on a couple. Sure, it's somewhat of a crap shoot... that's why you amass picks to increase odds of lucking out.

Last edited:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the end of the world, because they aren't going anywhere in the next 2-3 years anyways.

Nothing.

But being just like any other rebuilding team would be a dramatic improvement for them... currently, they're just a laughing stock...

At the very least, they have Barrett. And Barrett looks like a player. So... that's not nothing.

Amass draft picks and then hope to get lucky on a couple. Sure, it's somewhat of a crap shot... that's why you amass picks to increase odds of lucking out.
Saying amass draft picks is one thing, but doing it when you only have average to below average assests that you averpaid for is another.
I guess everyone is on a 1 or 2 year deal though, so maybe someone trades them some pick for expiring contracts over the next couple of years, but I wouldn't expect them to get good picks. It's going to be a tough row to hoe.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying amass draft picks is one thing, but doing it when you only have average to below average assests that you averpaid for is another.
True... but they're already a little ahead because of the picks they have from the Mav's.
logic said:
I guess everyone is on a 1 or 2 year deal though, so maybe someone trades them some pick for expiring contracts over the next couple of years, but I wouldn't expect them to get good picks. It's going to be a tough row to hoe.
True again, that their position is far from ideal... but they've got a guy or two... (Mook Morris comes immediately to mind)... that should be an attractive asset to a contending team at the trade deadline.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing.

But being just like any other rebuilding team would be a dramatic improvement for them... currently, they're a laughing stock...

Amass draft picks and then hope to get lucky on a couple. Sure, it's somewhat of a crap shoot... that's why you amass picks to increase odds of lucking out.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying, but if it's a long term plan, why fire the coach?
Fizdale was expected to make chicken salad with chicken sh!t....

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying, but if it's a long term plan, why fire the coach?
Fizdale was expected to make chicken salad with chicken sh!t....
Oh, I entirely agree with you here... the Knicks are plagued by incompetent upper mgmt... their major problem to overcome is the (entirely well-founded) perception that they lack stability and lack a long term plan.

Durant said it best in his own way... "the Knicks aren't the cool thing right now"... the players know it as well as everybody else.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, how many dingbats are on this board! I get it, the .org sucks! Dolan is an azzhole !

No excuse for the coaches not to condition his players! The other nite Smith took his opponent to hoop, beat him bad, laid it up on backboard, so out of game shape it shot back out to foul line, Clyde was like OHHHHHHH. YOU GOT TO FINISH, loln!!! Then later on he commits a blatant flagrant out of frustration.

Not conditioned, no discipline! Free throws 65% ????? That’s the difference in a few extra wins that could catapult a team to an 8 spot in this chit East!

It's a team full of PFs; of course their FT% will suffer.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes he can, it’s called practice! He obviously puts no emphasis on it! Probably because he worries too much of what his players would think of him. That’s probably why he was loved as a bench coach in Miami. He’s a puff!

I’ve ignored NOTHING, I have already posted that this is a players game, and they better put it back into the coaches hand before it’s too late!

Also, Coaches in the NBA are either not smart enough or don’t have the ballz to hold players accountable.
Too late for what?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, upper mgmt???? Basically bunch a political hacks !!! Uguys are nuts! So tell me, u be saying mills would be the genius had the knicks got 1st round pick, along with KD and kyrie? Lol.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uguys are nuts! So tell me, u be saying mills would be the genius had the knicks got 1st round pick, along with KD and kyrie? Lol.
Who exactly are you talking to with this, Pasta?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a team full of PFs; of course their FT% will suffer.

I guess you haven’t seen Robinson the so called true center attempt a free throw , Makes Shaq happy someone worse than him

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @Pastafazul

Now that the Knicks have fired Fizdale, they should be just about ready to contend for a title.

All they need to do now is turn over about 3/4 of their roster, get an entirely new coaching staff, get a competent GM and a new owner.

Should be able to accomplish all of that in plenty of time to compete for this years championship.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @Pastafazul

Now that the Knicks have fired Fizdale, they should be just about ready to contend for a title.

All they need to do now is turn over about 3/4 of their roster, get an entirely new coaching staff, get a competent GM and a new owner.

Should be able to accomplish all of that in plenty of time to compete for this years championship.

They showed improvement the very first game....

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok , so I just looked to see final results of Knick pacer game . A much improved game is what I thought and in the end of course I see a carry over loss due to a missed free throw by randle!!! The pacers , 15 - 8, knicks 4 -19 .. I would say a much improved showing while you nutjobs, not you G, will say , ahhhh whatever