• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Cousins is a loser.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him being better than those guys is not high praise.

Answer me this, do the Vikings win a Super Bowl with Kirk Cousins? Especially since he keeps having us over a barrel with his contract.

Both sides of this argument arent wrong.

We lost that game because of our defense. Just pathetic. It was all season. No QB is winning with that group.

Could you win a SB with Cousins? Maybe. Probably. But you would need both an elite defense and a damn near perfectly constructed offensive side of the football too.

He just isnt good enough to carry a football team. He literally is the Warren Moon of this generation. A QB that is good enough in the regular season to keep you sniffing the playoffs almost every year and will put up solid stats. But simply not good to win once you get there unless EVERYTHING else on the roster is nearly perfect.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4th down play? Lol

He’s a gamer at times. But not a big gamer. Might have the best set of weapons in the league

Oh that is so not true.

JJ is great obviously. And Hockenson came in and gave us another option that was SORELY needed.

....but our WR #2 & #3 absolutely sucked all season long.

Thielen is done. He will either agree to a MASSIVE paycut this coming season or he will be cut. He can not create separation at all any longer. Some of that might have been because of an injury....but it was one that lasted most of the year. He actually looked better yesterday than he did the entire season. Cousins both willingness and ability to make small windows throws is the only reason he even catches balls. Most QB's wouldnt even look his way because he creates zero space anymore.

And KJ Osborn is a JAG. Wont be on an NFL roster in a couple of years.

WR opposite of Jefferson will be a big hole the Vikes look to fill this coming offseason. Even with JJ taking ALL the attention of the defense with him, the two WR's we had couldnt find ways to make plays. And you can see that when you look at those two YPC this season. Neither topped 11 yards per catch despite having coverage rolled away from them all the time. All they were good for was throwing short passes. Neither were good enough at making big plays opposite Jefferson. And when you have a WR like Jefferson it shouldn't be that hard to find a WR to do that.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk is zero to blame foe
That game. Their D is absolute horse shit. Kirk is only reason Vikes won as many games as they did.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that is so not true.

JJ is great obviously. And Hockenson came in and gave us another option that was SORELY needed.

....but our WR #2 & #3 absolutely sucked all season long.

Thielen is done. He will either agree to a MASSIVE paycut this coming season or he will be cut. He can not create separation at all any longer. Some of that might have been because of an injury....but it was one that lasted most of the year. He actually looked better yesterday than he did the entire season. Cousins both willingness and ability to make small windows throws is the only reason he even catches balls. Most QB's wouldnt even look his way because he creates zero space anymore.

And KJ Osborn is a JAG. Wont be on an NFL roster in a couple of years.

WR opposite of Jefferson will be a big hole the Vikes look to fill this coming offseason. Even with JJ taking ALL the attention of the defense with him, the two WR's we had couldnt find ways to make plays. And you can see that when you look at those two YPC this season. Neither topped 11 yards per catch despite having coverage rolled away from them all the time. All they were good for was throwing short passes. Neither were good enough at making big plays opposite Jefferson. And when you have a WR like Jefferson it shouldn't be that hard to find a WR to do that.

Maybe your depth at WR isn’t the best but your top WR, RB, and TE are pretty elite. Cousins just not a big gamer and your coach went to pass happy U. Vikings have a few really good RBs they could use more

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ain’t winning a Super Bowl with Cousins

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know O'Connell had a pretty good year and had the offense playing well for most of it but am I alone in thinking he had some very questionable play calling yesterday. Trying to get a little too cute at times. That 4th and 1 reverse whatever the fuck thing in the first half and then completely forgetting he had Dalvin Cook on the roster aside from a couple of questionable screen calls. I think he expected Martindale to do his usual blitz crazy scheme and couldn't adjust when the Giants totally switched it up.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe your depth at WR isn’t the best but your top WR, RB, and TE are pretty elite. Cousins just not a big gamer and your coach went to pass happy U. Vikings have a few really good RBs they could use more

That's true.

Dalvin wasnt as good this year as he has been in the past (some of it was OL but some of it was him). But yeah KOC basically neutralized him somewhat by not running the football as often as he should have.

It will be interesting to see what the Vikes do this offseason. I think Dalvin's chance of coming back with the Vike's next year at only about 60%. If they arent going to run the football, they shouldnt have a cap hit on a RB at $14M.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know O'Connell had a pretty good year and had the offense playing well for most of it but am I alone in thinking he had some very questionable play calling yesterday. Trying to get a little too cute at times. That 4th and 1 reverse whatever the fuck thing in the first half and then completely forgetting he had Dalvin Cook on the roster aside from a couple of questionable screen calls. I think he expected Martindale to do his usual blitz crazy scheme and couldn't adjust when the Giants totally switched it up.

He was like that all year long.

Made a TON of real head scratching play calls over the course of the season. It is crazy that they had such a great record in one score games because his situational playcalling almost lost them games this season. There were so many times during the year where you need to run the ball 100 time out of 100 times (to take a teams timeouts in end of game situations) where he called pass plays and stopped the clock for the other team. But it never really bit him in the ass surprisingly enough.

But it was his 1st year calling plays. Sure he will be a little better next year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing a 3 yard pass when you lose if you don’t get 8 yards is genius. The defense won’t be expecting it.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks @ducky . I never watched them a lot during the season but it seemed to me when Cook got a lot of touches, teams couldn't focus on JJ so much and Cousins got better looks. Dalvin had a couple of nice runs early on yesterday and the Vikes were moving the ball at will. In the second half, they completely went away from it even to make the Giants think a little.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true.

Dalvin wasnt as good this year as he has been in the past (some of it was OL but some of it was him). But yeah KOC basically neutralized him somewhat by not running the football as often as he should have.

It will be interesting to see what the Vikes do this offseason. I think Dalvin's chance of coming back with the Vike's next year at only about 60%. If they arent going to run the football, they shouldnt have a cap hit on a RB at $14M.

Cookie can house it from anywhere on the field. He’s still a badass. Career high attempts from Cousins doesn’t help his flow. But your big 3 are about as good as San Frans big 3 on O

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ain’t winning a Super Bowl with Cousins
These are some of the most ridiculous statements people make. If a team can win with a Dilfer a team could certainly win with Cousins.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cookie can house it from anywhere on the field. He’s still a badass. Career high attempts from Cousins doesn’t help his flow. But your big 3 are about as good as San Frans big 3 on O
You must not have watched much.

Cook had few moments but the burst be used have isn't there.

Id be surprised if he's back.

Vikings need better run game, some of the is calling but at one point Vikings lead league in carries the results in one yard or less.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to Kirk he is what he is,I think he's back next year but after that..... I'm not investing big money into 35 year old QB.

But as mentioned that decision on 4 th was vintage Kirk, Kirk was excellent all game, but he derailed narrative with one throw

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are some of the most ridiculous statements people make. If a team can win with a Dilfer a team could certainly win with Cousins.
Didn't his team win one with Stafford?

I mean....

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soft as butter.

And I admit I didn’t watch the whole game. I saw some and that last 4th down pass. But my Jedi instincts tell me Kirk isn’t gonna win the big one