• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiper's First Mock Draft

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@There is A Moose at 3rd
daltons college stats werent stellar
elis were good not insane
josh allen poop
Tom brady
darnold one good, one bad year
i actually decided to stop looking but even aaron rodgers werent anything special, just a good td to int ratio

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@There is A Moose at 3rd
daltons college stats werent stellar
elis were good not insane
josh allen poop
Tom brady
darnold one good, one bad year
i actually decided to stop looking but even aaron rodgers werent anything special, just a good td to int ratio
That's one of the most important stats actually. Rodgers also had a strong schedule in comparison to an also very productive college QB in Alex Smith.

IIRC, Rodgers also was at a CC prior to Cal, so his sample size isn't fantastic.

Dalton is not someone that is a win; you should be drafting for a star.

Brady is an outlier? That's fine; also had the whole Henson thing to deal with.

Darnold is a guy I wasn't high on.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i
That's one of the most important stats actually. Rodgers also had a strong schedule in comparison to an also very productive college QB in Alex Smith.

IIRC, Rodgers also was at a CC prior to Cal, so his sample size isn't fantastic.

Dalton is not someone that is a win; you should be drafting for a star.

Brady is an outlier? That's fine; also had the whole Henson thing to deal with.

Darnold is a guy I wasn't high on.
i can name more, but ok

either way kipers the worst mocker there is

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has a fuck ton of cap room in 2019, I can't imagine any scenario where they'd let Frank Clark walk. That said, Seattle should absolutely draft an EDGE/DT/OLB in the first round given Wright is a FA, 30, and was injured most of the season, McDowell busted, and tied 3rd for the most YPC given up in a division with Johnson/Gurley, IMO a likely Bell going to San Fran, and the ridiculous DL/EDGE depth of this draft. Rasheem Green is still a sleeper, but did not develop like I anticipated towards the end of the season. Only other position I'd want in the 1st is a WR because Wilson seemed to run around plenty this season not finding anyone to throw the ball to, and David Moore completely disappeared after week 12 or so.

According to that mock, if Ed Oliver is really around in the teens, if I was Seattle I'd trade up. Guy should be a stud and IMO should go just outside the 5. If he's within reach of Seattle I'd pounce.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped reading after the 4th pick going to Oakland. Philly fans were adamant that they will have the # 4 pick plus at least one more first (+) from "trading" Foles.

#FakeMock

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be surprised if Hockenson or Smith end up as the first TE off the board . Noah Fant is going to test off the charts at the combine. Dude is a freak . My guess is Fant goes mid first round and TJ and Smith late first round

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats need Gardner Minshew in the 1st round. Last time they drafted a Coug in the first round it turned their entire franchise around, and when Brady leaves their franchise is the Dolphins.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think you can really go wrong with either, tbh

Edge rusher is far more important than interior/nose for SF...but of those two, at this point, I'm taking QW without thinking about it. It's early...and maybe people get more enamoured with Allen...but not for me now. Bosa and Williams have broken away from the pack.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has a fuck ton of cap room in 2019, I can't imagine any scenario where they'd let Frank Clark walk. That said, Seattle should absolutely draft an EDGE/DT/OLB in the first round given Wright is a FA, 30, and was injured most of the season, McDowell busted, and tied 3rd for the most YPC given up in a division with Johnson/Gurley, IMO a likely Bell going to San Fran, and the ridiculous DL/EDGE depth of this draft. Rasheem Green is still a sleeper, but did not develop like I anticipated towards the end of the season. Only other position I'd want in the 1st is a WR because Wilson seemed to run around plenty this season not finding anyone to throw the ball to, and David Moore completely disappeared after week 12 or so.

According to that mock, if Ed Oliver is really around in the teens, if I was Seattle I'd trade up. Guy should be a stud and IMO should go just outside the 5. If he's within reach of Seattle I'd pounce.
bell isnt going to san fran, they gave mckinnon a 4 year 37 mill contract. if cut he holds a 6 mill cap hit just this year. And they like breida. they arent gonna tie up that much money on rbs

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm probably in the minority but I actually think the Cardinals will go with Q.Williams over Bosa if they pick at #1 and not trade out.

Jones is already a 10+ sack guy a year for them and their rushing defense was terrible this season (admittedly could've been defensive scheme).

When you look at the NFC West every team except the Cardinals ran the ball a lot and ran the ball well. In terms of rushing yards it was Hawks #1, Rams #3, and 9ers #13 but in the 9ers case injuries caught up with them and I believe they would've been higher if they were healthier.

If Q.Williams is the force inside he's been hyped up to be the Cardinals would be better off having Williams on the inside creating havoc with Jones doing his work on the outside than having two great pass rushers from the edge.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably in the minority but I actually think the Cardinals will go with Q.Williams over Bosa if they pick at #1 and not trade out.

Jones is already a 10+ sack guy a year for them and their rushing defense was terrible this season (admittedly could've been defensive scheme).

When you look at the NFC West every team except the Cardinals ran the ball a lot and ran the ball well. In terms of rushing yards it was Hawks #1, Rams #3, and 9ers #13 but in the 9ers case injuries caught up with them and I believe they would've been higher if they were healthier.

If Q.Williams is the force inside he's been hyped up to be the Cardinals would be better off having Williams on the inside creating havoc with Jones doing his work on the outside than having two great pass rushers from the edge.
There's logic there. Arizona had a solid pass rush already, for sure. If they're looking to bulk up the interior defensive line, though, it may be in their best interest to trade out of #1, as the main interior DTs won't start going until around 8-9 or so. They'd bring back a massive haul of picks and also be able to solve an issue with a top flight prospect, as well.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There's logic there. Arizona had a solid pass rush already, for sure. If they're looking to bulk up the interior defensive line, though, it may be in their best interest to trade out of #1, as the main interior DTs won't start going until around 8-9 or so. They'd bring back a massive haul of picks and also be able to solve an issue with a top flight prospect, as well.

I'd venture to guess Arizona's dream scenario would be to trade out of the pick since they are in good shape at key positions and would rather more picks to bolster other position groups especially the offensive line.

But someone really has to want to jump up into that spot and considering the top 5 picks are likely to pass on taking a QB teams have options when it comes to picking a spot to trade up for one.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd venture to guess Arizona's dream scenario would be to trade out of the pick since they are in good shape at key positions and would rather more picks to bolster other position groups especially the offensive line.

But someone really has to want to jump up into that spot and considering the top 5 picks are likely to pass on taking a QB teams have options when it comes to picking a spot to trade up for one.
It's a QB league though, and lots of teams desperately need one. When the top 2-3 teams are set at QB, you almost always see some trade-ups. This year's QB crop is also extremely top heavy, so it wouldn't be shocking. If I'm a team like Jacksonville that already has a great defense and solid RB stable, I'd trade up to grab a QB, though I'm hearing chatter that they're also going to try and go hard after Foles. I also don't see the Giants staying put at 6.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe QW is a better fit/choice as well for Ariz. given the scheme they'll run and the player/position of need. As for the QB's....teams will inevitably move up to get their guy, whether it's Haskins or Lock or whomever. They'll be pushed up, possibly right to the very top - Wentz was seen as a high 2nd/low 1st at this time during his draft year. Goff in the same draft was viewed similarly.....and they both went top 2.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's QB crop is also extremely top heavy, so it wouldn't be shocking..
Whats your thoughts on Haskins? I'm seeing a lot of accuracy issues downfield.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issues with the Pats taking a quarterback in the first round I have no problem with the kids from duke and less Smith tight end from Bama still on the board

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9. Buffalo Bills

Rashan Gary, DE/DT, Michigan

Could the Bills get their Kyle Williams replacement here? At his peak, the 6-foot-6, 283-pound Gary is a menace who makes offensive linemen look foolish, but you'd like to see him do it with more regularity. Gary could play end or nose guard in a 3-4 defense or tackle in a 4-3. Buffalo could look at centers or guards here; improving the interior of the offensive line should be a priority.

10. Denver Broncos

Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

Former first-round pick Bradley Roby isa free agent, and Chris Harris Jr., who broke his leg in December, turns 30 over the summer. Cornerback is the No. 1 need for the Broncos. Baker isn't far behind Greedy Williams as the top corner in this class. General manager John Elway hit on his 2018 draft class, and he needs another good one to get the team back on track under new coach Vic Fangio.

11. Cincinnati Bengals

Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida

The Bengals have missed on a few offensive linemen in the draft in recent years, and there's still a hole at right tackle. That's where Taylor would slot in. He took a huge step forward playing on the right side in 2018, though there's still mixed opinion from people I trust in the league. Taylor is raw, but he has the tools to be a premier road grader in the run game.

12. Green Bay Packers

Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

Ferrell, who had 21 sacks the past two seasons, isn't a perfect fit in the Packers' 3-4 defense, but he's the best pass-rusher left on the board. Green Bay needs to add edge-rush help this offseason -- Clay Matthews and Muhammad Wilkerson are free agents -- and Ferrell (6-5, 265) could play end or outside linebacker here. The Packers will likely keep an eye on offensive playmakers, too, and they have New Orleans' first-round pick from last year's draft-day trade.

13. Miami Dolphins

Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma

The Dolphins need to rebuild. What better way to start that rebuild than to take the Heisman Trophy winner? Now, just because Murray has entered the draftdoesn't mean he's sticking to football. He could still back out and play baseball. But I'm treating him as if he's all-in for now, and if he goes to the combine -- he's going to run a blazing 40-yard dash -- and goes through workouts for teams, I expect him to be picked in Round 1. This is an unprecedented situation for a 5-foot-10 quarterback, but it's going to be fun to watch over the next few months.

14. Atlanta Falcons

Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

If Grady Jarrett's price tag in free agency proves too much for the Falcons, Oliver is the perfect replacement as an interior game-wrecker. His tape was picked apart this season, and he was better in 2017, but he can dominate a game when he's playing at his best. He needs to keep developing as a pass-rusher, however. Oliver is only 21, and he has a high ceiling.

Ed Oliver had 53.5 tackles for loss in three seasons at Houston.

15. Washington Redskins

Jachai Polite, OLB, Florida

This is another potential landing spot for Kyler Murray. Alex Smith's scary injury put his future in jeopardy, and it wouldn't shock me if the Redskins added a young quarterback this offseason. Ultimately, I'm going with Polite, a perfect pass-rusher for a 3-4 defense who came on strong with 11 sacks this season. Former second-round pick Preston Smith has been inconsistent, and he's a free agent, so Polite makes sense as a replacement opposite Ryan Kerrigan. Safety is another position to watch, depending on what happens with free agent Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

16. Carolina Panthers

Brian Burns, OLB, Florida State

Mario Addison led the Panthers with nine sacks this season, followed by five for the ageless Julius Peppers. Unless Peppers can play forever, this is a clear area of need for Carolina. The 6-foot-5, 235-pound Burns, who had 10 sacks in 2018, needs more time in the weight room, but he could grow into a defensive end.

Great. Another bust OT we're drafting in the 1st.

No way we're passing up on Murray in this re-boot. I'm having doubts he'll even fall outside the top 10.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, these mocks are fun reading but how they are about what the writer thinks the teams should do rather than what the FOs are actually thinking of doing. And this year even at the top three picks there is much uncertainty about who will be picked. There is no QB or player at the top that is a sure fire first pick.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats your thoughts on Haskins? I'm seeing a lot of accuracy issues downfield.
He didn't have great OL play, but I think his accuracy will improve on deep balls as he becomes more seasoned. From a raw tools perspective, both physically and mentally, he's a fantastic prospect. I think he'd benefit greatly from at least a half season on the bench, but it won't take long.