• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: King-less Mariners invade Globe Life 6/3-6-5

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, jta4437. I apologize. Wow, such quick judgement. I thought we were just having a friendly conversation about our favorite team.

I will answer your question. I don't know. All of this is speculation. None of us have definitive answers. And with Choo coming back it will make team decisions even more challenging. Its up to the manager. He will probably juggle the players around for a while. That's the best answer I have for you.

Then just a ridiculous statement, thought as much... moving on

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Mr darryl.....you're hot.....start the new thread at your leisure sir.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, no answer at all really. It's fine to have an opinion. Just don't be surprised if you spout one off without thinking it through if you get questioned on it.

Wow, man tough crowd. Spouting off? Everyone is speculating--these are all opinions.

Have a good rest of the Sunday.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Texas A&M and Oklahoma stand out as programs with extensive discipline problems including domestic violence and I never really saw anyone running away from associating with those schools

And I'm sure with every schools there are attempts to cover up issues, you only see the ones they can't "fix"

I didn't say admin wasn't involve but its mostly a football program issue, issue is being fixed and is no reason to demonize an entire campus and the 99% of the people involved with that school

Oklahoma has recently had only the issue with Mixon, and Shannon. The Mixon issue was not domestic violence, was one isolated incident, and was not attempted to be covered up by the university or local PD. He was suspended for a year, as was Shannon, and no intimidation tactics were ever used on the involved parties. Also, no charges were ever pressed against Shannon and the "victim" chose not to pursue action when pressed. That's a far cry from the disgusting atrocities including cover ups at r*pe U. Not even in the same Galaxy.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Prince, I think the best thing to do is keep playing him. It will be sorted out either way. But in my opinion, we have to be patient let it play out. Either he stays in and performs better, or he stays in and it eventually becomes clear that his hitting isn't coming back. Only then can you make a move on him. He will see how well the team is performing with the younger players and will understand. The point has to be made abundantly clear though. I realize some of us may think that point already has been made. Otherwise, I think it has the potential to destroy the clubhouse chemistry to "prematurely" remove him from play. Playing like crap or not, he is a well respected man in that clubhouse and even around the league. His teammates love him and he keeps the mood fun.

I'm not defending him--I'd rather see the young guys playing too. But sometimes it can get political.

Having so many skilled young players arrive, sort of creating a traffic jam at the major league level, is a testament to how well Jon Daniels has developed the farm system over the years.
Disagree 100%. Don't care about the politics. Winning will take care of that and that is what the Rangers need to be concerned with. They do not win this game today if Prince is in the lineup instead of Profar.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma has recently had only the issue with Mixon, and Shannon. The Mixon issue was not domestic violence, was one isolated incident, and was not attempted to be covered up by the university or local PD. He was suspended for a year, as was Shannon, and no intimidation tactics were ever used on the involved parties. That's a far cry from the disgusting atrocities at r*pe U. Not even in the same Galaxy.

I'm saying that lots of schools have issues, including at times sexual assault, maybe not now, maybe not recently but I still don't see the point in demonizing the University now that the issue has essentially been resolved

Let the Baylor alum come out and get their hats like every other university does, I mean seriously it's a fucking hat, its not like they're giving them an awards ceremony or something like that

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the point I was trying to make is that it is a sticky situation and simply throwing him out like an old pair of shoes could disrupt the clubhouse chemistry. I love the young players--they are making the games fun to watch. I'd rather see them playing more too.
Agree with this.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you call manufacturing a win. This is what good teams do.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree 100%. Don't care about the politics. Winning will take care of that and that is what the Rangers need to be concerned with. They do not win this game today if Prince is in the lineup instead of Profar.

If the team keeps winning AND playing well then nobody is going to care about Prince pouting in the corner with his sub .600 OPS as long as his replacement is playing well

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that lots of schools have issues, including at times sexual assault, maybe not now, maybe not recently but I still don't see the point in demonizing the University now that the issue has essentially been resolved

Let the Baylor alum come out and get their hats like every other university does, I mean seriously it's a fucking hat, its not like they're giving them an awards ceremony or something like that

All I said was I was surprised the Rangers were still wanting to associate them and given the atrocities and disgusting acts by the administration it's not a ridiculous thing to say. It's not that the sexual crimes happened. It's the involvement of people at all levels of the university to cover it up in the name of winning football games.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you call manufacturing a win. This is what good teams do.

The winning run by Elvis was flat out the best "caught you not paying attention" play I've seen in quite some time.

Exactly what you're talking about. here-here

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with Prince sitting on the bench. The way I look at it all that matters is we put the best lineup out there as possible. I know Profar is not getting much time in the IF but what good what it do us if he was getting time at AAA and we have Prince playing instead. And there still would not be a place for Profar on this team this year or next in regards to the IF. I promise you he is not having a problem with it and he is our best lead off hitter. And when Choo comes back send Hoying down and let Rua and Moreland platoon (would prefer to see Rua more).

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The winning run by Elvis was flat out the best "caught you not paying attention" play I've seen in quite some time.

Him stealing home last season was pretty impressive too.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dutch pitched well. Got swings and misses. Elvis does a number on LF. BAnny looks like Mgr of year keeping Profar in the lineup. Most Rangers are fired up. Prince needs to find a way to produce. He admits he is not a HR hitter. He probably starts next game on one past that. Mitch may sit a day or two as well

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I said was I was surprised the Rangers were still wanting to associate them and given the atrocities and disgusting acts by the administration it's not a ridiculous thing to say. It's not that the sexual crimes happened. It's the involvement of people at all levels of the university to cover it up in the name of winning football games.

I still stand by the fact that its just a fucking hat, it doesn't condone what they did, they're just giving alum to the school, 99.9999999999% of which have nothing to do with the poor decisions made by a handful of administrators, players, coaches and police

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dutch pitched well. Got swings and misses. Elvis does a number on LF. BAnny looks like Mgr of year keeping Profar in the lineup. Most Rangers are fired up. Prince needs to find a way to produce. He admits he is not a HR hitter. He probably starts next game on one past that. Mitch may sit a day or two as well
Good pitching all the way around. Hats off to Holland. If Prince plays then put him at 1st and sit Moreland. Do not sit a guy who has had a hitting streak since being called up.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him stealing home last season was pretty impressive too.

Absolutely.....that was one helluva play.

But today's play was our guy EA paying attention and their guy, Romero taking a nap. And it cost his team dearly.

This from a guy who's hitting .200. So apparently he was out there for his glove. Or maybe it's not so apparent at all. ha ha

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elvis is playing some good ball. Between Beltre, Andrus, Odor and Profar we have a good thing going on.