• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: King-less Mariners invade Globe Life 6/3-6-5

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pen did well, Bush looked good on 5 days of rest, Diek got his guy, Dyson closed it down. The young guys play hard provide a jolt offensively. Profar I believe has a 5 game multi hit streak going. Reasons to be pleased and excited

First, did you mean the Bush comment to be humorous? I laughed to myself thinking about a guy not pitching for damn near a week.

Second, I thought I heard today it's like 7 of his 9 games up.....But you're correct (think so anyway) about it being 5 in a row. How incredible is that? ha

If health prevails, the Rangers are in the "catbird seat" from a wealth of depth standpoint.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see what happens going forward with Banister now that he's finally made the tough decision... Fielder will get his chances but it will be interesting to see who's expense they come at

Profar pretty much is your leadoff hitter going forward, to put him in the lineup means sitting Beltre, your best overall hitter, Andrus (who's killing it right now), Odor (who just came back, and went 3-7 in his return) OR ask Profar to play a position he's never played in 1B (which would still be better than Fielder I'm sure)
And Moreland stands in the way at first too. Can Banister deal with the problem of both Mitch and Prince? IDK

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see what happens going forward with Banister now that he's finally made the tough decision... Fielder will get his chances but it will be interesting to see who's expense they come at

Profar pretty much is your leadoff hitter going forward, to put him in the lineup means sitting Beltre, your best overall hitter, Andrus (who's killing it right now), Odor (who just came back, and went 3-7 in his return) OR ask Profar to play a position he's never played in 1B (which would still be better than Fielder I'm sure)
For now I think they need to just swap out Moreland and Fielder. Only one of them is in the lineup at a time.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignorant would be to bench Profar in favor of Fielder or Moreland at this point
Agree. Moreland/Fielder are not in the future of the team

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For now I think they need to just swap out Moreland and Fielder. Only one of them is in the lineup at a time.

Defense at 1B would take a serious hit and if you watched Mitch field 1B this past couple series you know he has some series value over there

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, did you mean the Bush comment to be humorous? I laughed to myself thinking about a guy not pitching for damn near a week.

Second, I thought I heard today it's like 7 of his 9 games up.....But you're correct (think so anyway) about it being 5 in a row. How incredible is that? ha

If health prevails, the Rangers are in the "catbird seat" from a wealth of depth standpoint.
Bush has to have more time off because he had not pitched in organized ball since 2011. If his load is too heavy early he will be done by the end of the season.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense at 1B would take a serious hit and if you watched Mitch field 1B this past couple series you know he has some series value over there
Value that Prince can't provide

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does but at least it is a position Fielder is familiar with. To be honest I would want to keep Moreland out at 1st and Fielder on the bench or where ever. I just do not want both of them in the lineup. Don't see any other place for Profar right now unless he is in left and Rua at 1st but again that would be a defensive liability.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well it looked like the last time he was called upon that he needed a few days off in a row, but the lay off didn't appear to cause any rust. Im sure he threw enough bullpens to keep him sharp, and his other pitches looked sharp today aside from just the FB

Nice to see considering what we have been watching from the DH

Another reason Im not ready to launch Prince yet, eventually we will need him if an injury occurs. Hopefully Jeff lets him get unplugged and he can come back and contribute in some way

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looked like the last time he was called upon that he needed a few days off in a row, but the lay off didn't appear to cause any rust. Im sure he threw enough bullpens to keep him sharp, and his other pitches looked sharp today aside from just the FB

Nice to see considering what we have been watching from the DH

Another reason Im not ready to launch Prince yet, eventually we will need him if an injury occurs. Hopefully Jeff lets him get unplugged and he can come back and contribute in some way
To me I do not want back out in the lineup for any player we have right now other than Moreland. And if an injury comes I still am not sure what you do with him. He would still DH unless you are talking about an injury to Moreland.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, that would be ignorant.

Don't think it would be an issue, no more than asking Desmond to be the everyday CF was. Granted you don't want to move Juri there on a permanent basis, I believe he still has too much value at another position. That and guys like Fielder and Napoli can play 1B, so it wouldn't be difficult for Profar to slide in there

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does but at least it is a position Fielder is familiar with. To be honest I would want to keep Moreland out at 1st and Fielder on the bench or where ever. I just do not want both of them in the lineup. Don't see any other place for Profar right now unless he is in left and Rua at 1st but again that would be a defensive liability.

Less than Fielder though, I actually think Rua has shown himself to be pretty competent out there, his only detriment is that he's not LHed like you would like in a 1B

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would rather they bench Prince one more game

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Moreland/Fielder are not in the future of the team

well then we let Moreland walk after the season but i don't know what options the Rangers have as far as fielder is concerned especially with $72M owed him over 2017 thru 2020. don't see ownership being willing to eat that much

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than Fielder though, I actually think Rua has shown himself to be pretty competent out there, his only detriment is that he's not LHed like you would like in a 1B
You are right on all points. On Rua being RH it is difficult making that throw to 2nd to start a DP.