• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: King-less Mariners invade Globe Life 6/3-6-5

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if any other fine members also live in Waco, but I do and it absolutely is not just a football program issue.

I know DT is an alum, and my heart goes out to him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with keeping the Baylor day intact, either. The fans didn't do anything wrong, no need to punish them.

Exactly!

I believe it was DT who told the story of him traveling with his family through New Mexico right after the Kennedy assassination, and some restaurant refused to serve him because he had TX plates on his car. Believe, the NM ass-wipe said something like, "we don't serve president killers here."

Maybe that story is a stretch. But for me, I know for a fact there are a lot - thousands - of good Baylor people, past and present who are as appalled as the rest of us about what is/has happened. Probably more so, b/c they know people are associating them with this tragedy and they not only had nothing to do with it, they want justice served more than most.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!

I believe it was DT who told the story of him traveling with his family through New Mexico right after the Kennedy assassination, and some restaurant refused to serve him because he had TX plates on his car. Believe, the NM ass-wipe said something like, "we don't serve president killers here."

Maybe that story is a stretch. But for me, I know for a fact there are a lot - thousands - of good Baylor people, past and present who are as appalled as the rest of us about what is/has happened. Probably more so, b/c they know people are associating them with this tragedy and they not only had nothing to do with it, they want justice served more than most.

There is also quite the contingent sticking their head in the sand.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know DT is an alum, and my heart goes out to him.
No I am not. Proud to say Daryl G and I are UNT grads. I was six yrs old when I saw my first college game between Baylor and Texas Tech. Been a fan every since and do not condone any wrong doing there or any place on the planet. However it takes a pretty narrow minded person to think everyone associated with the university other than the guilty are sorry and to blame in any way with what has happened there. I will remain a fan and expect the going to be rough but I will not let a few undesirable people pull everyone else down to that disgusting level.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Here is what you did say:

And no, no it isn't. It extends far beyond the football program.

Point is, I never said it was strictly a football issue, we may disagree to what extent, but I will not have you putting words in my mouth

I still contend it is mostly a football issue but I think we are looking at it from different rationale, and that will just have to be the end of it

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I am not. Proud to say Daryl G and I are UNT grads. I was six yrs old when I saw my first college game between Baylor and Texas Tech. Been a fan every since and do not condone any wrong doing there or any place on the planet. However it takes a pretty narrow minded person to think everyone associated with the university other than the guilty are sorry and to blame in any way with what has happened there. I will remain a fan and expect the going to be rough but I will not let a few undesirable people pull everyone else down to that disgusting level.

Sorry, DT. My mistake on that. Also, I never said anything of the sort of the bolded.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about those Texas Rangers

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about those Texas Rangers
Rather pleased right now as I indicated earlier. Had to miss the 9th but was happy to hear the pen got it done.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather pleased right now as I indicated earlier. Had to miss the 9th but was happy to hear the pen got it done.

Pen did well, Bush looked good on 5 days of rest, Diek got his guy, Dyson closed it down. The young guys play hard provide a jolt offensively. Profar I believe has a 5 game multi hit streak going. Reasons to be pleased and excited

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great series to sweep.

Will be interesting to see what happens going forward with Banister now that he's finally made the tough decision... Fielder will get his chances but it will be interesting to see who's expense they come at

Profar pretty much is your leadoff hitter going forward, to put him in the lineup means sitting Beltre, your best overall hitter, Andrus (who's killing it right now), Odor (who just came back, and went 3-7 in his return) OR ask Profar to play a position he's never played in 1B (which would still be better than Fielder I'm sure)