• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: King-less Mariners invade Globe Life 6/3-6-5

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sweep is really nice. We will most likely go in to Seattle with at least a 2 game lead. The Mariners play the Indians who are smoking hot and I know the Astros have been playing well, but id guess we at least split with both Darvish and Hamels going in the series.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how you fucking take care of business against your division!!!

Sweeper, gotta keep it up vs the Astros and they should start beating Oakland for a change

Good series here though, we will worry about the rest when they come

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweeper, gotta keep it up vs the Astros and they should start beating Oakland for a change

Good series here though, we will worry about the rest when they come

One game at a time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pitching staff really did well, especially considering how hot Seattle had been.

Now, let's try and keep some of this momentum going for the Stros.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how winning also can have a positive effect on the clubhouse, despite one player respected as Prince is, being unhappy...

I think most people realize he's played like dogshit and has created this problem for himself, it's not like he wasn't given more than ample opportunity to figure it out

I guess the point I was trying to make is that it is a sticky situation and simply throwing him out like an old pair of shoes could disrupt the clubhouse chemistry. I love the young players--they are making the games fun to watch. I'd rather see them playing more too.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sweep is really nice. We will most likely go in to Seattle with at least a 2 game lead. The Mariners play the Indians who are smoking hot and I know the Astros have been playing well, but id guess we at least split with both Darvish and Hamels going in the series.

Remember anything can happen in baseball any given day, don't set yourself up with any expectations, just let them play the games and let it play out. Appreciate the wins and accept the losses and move on to the next one, or you may just be disappointed.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised the Rangers still want to associate themselves with Baylor at this point.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the point I was trying to make is that it is a sticky situation and simply throwing him out like an old pair of shoes could disrupt the clubhouse chemistry. I love the young players--they are making the games fun to watch. I'd rather see them playing more too.

I don't see them tossing him out w the bath water but I do see less playing time going forward while the other guys are outperforming him. I can almost guarantee he will have more chances

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your suggestion was to keep playing him, I simply asked, at who's expense? You made the proclamation now I'm asking you to justify it... if you can't do that, then I'll chalk it up as a ridiculous comment with no thought behind it... besides clubhouse chemistry, which I've already made my opinion on

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the Rangers have shut down the teams they've played lately. The Pirates were hot--until they faced the Rangers. Same thing for the Indians and Mariners. Hopefully it continues with the Astros.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid question Evan, you're just an idiot

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised the Rangers still want to associate themselves with Baylor at this point.

Thy associate themselves with all the major Texas schools, just b/c the Baylor football program has issues doesn't mean they are going to cut ties with an entire school

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm failing to recognize the "sticky situation" you're referring to here.

The Rangers have shown more than great patience in playing him everyday, since the guy has struggled for 2 months, and he's hitting .188. Plus, he struggled for the last 2+ months of last year.

They didn't DFA him and maybe you noticed, we played terrifically with him sitting the last 2 days.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see......how important do you think a sweep is of a team you are tied w in the standings? Playing for 1st place and the momentum and confidence it would give your team. Do these guys even think about this shit before they ask it

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thy associate themselves with all the major Texas schools, just b/c the Baylor football program has issues doesn't mean they are going to cut ties with an entire school

It's not just a football problem. It's a university problem.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly a football program problem

I disagree. The entire university administration was involved, as well as the campus police. Ken Starr can get fucked. He's as bad as any of them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your suggestion was to keep playing him, I simply asked, at who's expense? You made the proclamation now I'm asking you to justify it... if you can't do that, then I'll chalk it up as a ridiculous comment with no thought behind it... besides clubhouse chemistry, which I've already made my opinion on

I'm sorry, jta4437. I apologize. Wow, such quick judgement. I thought we were just having a friendly conversation about our favorite team.

I will answer your question. I don't know. All of this is speculation. None of us have definitive answers. And with Choo coming back it will make team decisions even more challenging. Its up to the manager. He will probably juggle the players around for a while. That's the best answer I have for you.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, jta4437. I apologize. Wow, such quick judgement. I thought we were just having a friendly conversation about our favorite team.

I will answer your question. I don't know. All of this is speculation. None of us have definitive answers. And with Choo coming back it will make team decisions even more challenging. Its up to the manager. He will probably juggle the players around for a while. That's the best answer I have for you.

So, no answer at all really. It's fine to have an opinion. Just don't be surprised if you spout one off without thinking it through if you get questioned on it.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The entire university administration was involved, as well as the campus police. Ken Starr can get fucked. He's as bad as any of them.

I mean Texas A&M and Oklahoma stand out as programs with extensive discipline problems including domestic violence and I never really saw anyone running away from associating with those schools

And I'm sure with every schools there are attempts to cover up issues, you only see the ones they can't "fix"

I didn't say admin wasn't involve but its mostly a football program issue, issue is being fixed and is no reason to demonize an entire campus and the 99% of the people involved with that school