• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: King-less Mariners invade Globe Life 6/3-6-5

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is easy to say when it ain't your money

Spending that money one way or another, only thing you can ask is they put the best team on the field, that's the only thing that changes the bottom line, team success = better attendance = more revenue

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job fighting it off Nomaz

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spending that money one way or another, only thing you can ask is they put the best team on the field, that's the only thing that changes the bottom line, team success = better attendance = more revenue

Sunk. Cost.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just lost my feed.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go Sam

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we're back.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F yourself Busby

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Prince, I think the best thing to do is keep playing him. It will be sorted out either way. But in my opinion, we have to be patient let it play out. Either he stays in and performs better, or he stays in and it eventually becomes clear that his hitting isn't coming back. Only then can you make a move on him. He will see how well the team is performing with the younger players and will understand. The point has to be made abundantly clear though. I realize some of us may think that point already has been made. Otherwise, I think it has the potential to destroy the clubhouse chemistry to "prematurely" remove him from play. Playing like crap or not, he is a well respected man in that clubhouse and even around the league. His teammates love him and he keeps the mood fun.

I'm not defending him--I'd rather see the young guys playing too. But sometimes it can get political.

Having so many skilled young players arrive, sort of creating a traffic jam at the major league level, is a testament to how well Jon Daniels has developed the farm system over the years.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow glad that hung up a bit or it may have been a triple

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nasty

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Prince, I think the best thing to do is keep playing him. It will be sorted out either way. But in my opinion, we have to be patient let it play out. Either he stays in and performs better, or he stays in and it eventually becomes clear that his hitting isn't coming back. Only then can you make a move on him. He will see how well the team is performing with the younger players and will understand. The point has to be made abundantly clear though. I realize some of us may think that point already has been made. Otherwise, I think it has the potential to destroy the clubhouse chemistry to "prematurely" remove him from play. Playing like crap or not, he is a well respected man in that clubhouse and even around the league. His teammates love him and he keeps the mood fun.

I'm not defending him--I'd rather see the young guys playing too. But sometimes it can get political.

Having so many skilled young players arrive, sort of creating a traffic jam at the major league level, is a testament to how well Jon Daniels has developed the farm system over the years.

Then who loses ABs to Fielder in that scenario

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W

Good work Sam

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how you fucking take care of business against your division!!!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the starting pitching has missed a beat wthout Maddux.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I appreciate the sentiment and you are right about Princes leadership and earned respect, you have to also remember the message for the manager to the rest of the team. Jeff has to give the team the best chance to win everyday and that needs to be the expectation for the ball club. I'm sure Prince is afforded his opportunities some going forward but until he proves he's capable of being better than another teammate that's in his spot, he's just gonna have to live w the result of less playing time. Until he proves he is worthy again, he should not play everyday just because

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I appreciate the sentiment and you are right about Princes leadership and earned respect, you have to also remember the message for the manager to the rest of the team. Jeff has to give the team the best chance to win everyday and that needs to be the expectation for the ball club. I'm sure Prince is afforded his opportunities some going forward but until he proves he's capable of being better than another teammate that's in his spot, he's just gonna have to live w the result of less playing time. Until he proves he is worthy again, he should not play everyday just because

It's amazing how winning also can have a positive effect on the clubhouse, despite one player respected as Prince is, being unhappy...

I think most people realize he's played like dogshit and has created this problem for himself, it's not like he wasn't given more than ample opportunity to figure it out