• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kimmo Timonen Being Treated For Blood Clots

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I wish the Flyers had made more of an effort to keep Gus - one thing I hated was how they under-utilized him

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I wish the Flyers had made more of an effort to keep Gus - one thing I hated was how they under-utilized him

Would be nice to have him now for sure. Not a back breaker though, he would've gotten another nhl job if he were that good. 6/7 type guy I think. Certainly take him over Schultz though.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice to have him now for sure. Not a back breaker though, he would've gotten another nhl job if he were that good. 6/7 type guy I think. Certainly take him over Schultz though.

Ironic that this comes out the same day of Kimmo's news, MDZ's agent did say that they haven't talked to the Flyers but I would have to think there is some interest in him

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope kimmo gets well and can stay healthy not just for hockey, but in life in general. Whatever happens, he will be one of my all time favorite flyers dmen of all time after mark Howe.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope kimmo gets well and can stay healthy not just for hockey, but in life in general. Whatever happens, he will be one of my all time favorite flyers dmen of all time after mark Howe.

since i was not around for the Howe days, Timonen is my favorite flyers dman of all time. wish the guy all the best.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Kimmo the best what a class act. If there's any risk I hope he just hangs them up no shame in that!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kimmo is forced to retire I hope he considers being a coach with us. His leadership is second to none.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kimmo is forced to retire I hope he considers being a coach with us. His leadership is second to none.

I think he and Hartnell own part of a Finnish league team. I'd be surprised if he doesn't focus on that for now. Down the road though, who knows?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

TIMONEN IN GOOD SPIRITS, BUT STILL NOT CLEARED FOR TRAVEL

After being treated at Kuopio University Hospital in Finland, Kimmo Timonen continues to recover from blood clots in his lungs and leg. He is still not medically cleared to travel, however, so medical examination by Flyers team doctors will have to wait a little longer.

The player was initially told he'd have to wait at least three weeks to go overseas but his recovery has progressed well thus far. Physically, he feels well but his treatment course with blood thinners is going to take many months. It will not be known for quite awhile if or when the 39-year-old player will be able to resume his hockey career.

"I have to put life ahead of sports right now," Timonen told Finnish news outlet YLE. "It's going to take months. Let's just say that time will tell whether I can or can't be a hockey player. If, at some point, I get to where I am given the green light then I no doubt will continue to play.... Hockey has been such a big part of my life for so long that I don't want to just give that up."

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

TIMONEN IN GOOD SPIRITS, BUT STILL NOT CLEARED FOR TRAVEL

After being treated at Kuopio University Hospital in Finland, Kimmo Timonen continues to recover from blood clots in his lungs and leg. He is still not medically cleared to travel, however, so medical examination by Flyers team doctors will have to wait a little longer.

The player was initially told he'd have to wait at least three weeks to go overseas but his recovery has progressed well thus far. Physically, he feels well but his treatment course with blood thinners is going to take many months. It will not be known for quite awhile if or when the 39-year-old player will be able to resume his hockey career.

"I have to put life ahead of sports right now," Timonen told Finnish news outlet YLE. "It's going to take months. Let's just say that time will tell whether I can or can't be a hockey player. If, at some point, I get to where I am given the green light then I no doubt will continue to play.... Hockey has been such a big part of my life for so long that I don't want to just give that up."

Keep fighting Timmo!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really awful, not a Flyer fan but Timonen is my favorite Flyer (gotta love them Fins). I really do wish him the best in his recovery & I hope to see him back on the ice very soon.