• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiffin already making a positive impact on recruiting

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's your OC. A leadership position amongst young men. All coaches are. Enjoy having him, ND fans are sad he's gone and USC are happy he's not around.

My ass does not hurt. You are an ass. :L Really, really bad. Where is red corn hole rocket and his bringing value to the board spiel?

I'm still here.

I see you've been de-activated?

Tried 3 times to warn ya, brah.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you referring to? Me? You quoted yourself, so hard to tell.

Whatever Tro something rubbed you he wrong way and I can't figure out what but it wasn't a slam against Carroll or USC and not really even on Kiffin. It was more commentary on what a hard ass Saban can be (which is pretty well documented) so I don't see where the problem is.

If you are dead set on taking it personal and trying to call me out on this weak issue have fun.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've pretty much seen assholes come in go my whole life too. You're an asshole. It's all good though, I can be an asshole too.

But whatever...you pass your dumbshit yet?

I was highly surprised Saban (of all coaches) would hire Lane on the staff. But if there is a coach I trust Saban would be the one...so we will see. Lane, IMO, lacks leadership skills. He's not dumb, he's knows offense and he is good with people. But leader he is not. He used to be the head coach of the Raiders. Now he is the OC at 'Bama. That is quite the digression.

No doubt, but Kiff never covered up a r*pe, nor did he ever send a kid up in an observation platform in 50 mile an hour winds. And he never had anything to do with an imaginary girlfriend of one of his players:rollseyes:

But he may have been involved in deflated footballs:L

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever Tro something rubbed you he wrong way and I can't figure out what but it wasn't a slam against Carroll or USC and not really even on Kiffin. It was more commentary on what a hard ass Saban can be (which is pretty well documented) so I don't see where the problem is.

If you are dead set on taking it personal and trying to call me out on this weak issue have fun.

I see. Just like every other time someone call's you out on something. It's their problem and has nothing to do with you.

Sure seems like you have to post that a lot.

You can go ahead and think I'm just being an "ass". It just means I'm in there with everyone else who disagrees with you. I have respect for several of them, so I really don't consider it much of an insult.

Bottom line, I pointed out the fallacies in your post and rather than just admit to them, you decide it's "my problem" or "I'm just taking things personally". Just like everyone else who disagrees with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see. Just like every other time someone call's you out on something. It's their problem and has nothing to do with you.

Sure seems like you have to post that a lot.

You can go ahead and think I'm just being an "ass". It just means I'm in there with everyone else who disagrees with you. I have respect for several of them, so I really don't consider it much of an insult.

Bottom line, I pointed out the fallacies in your post and rather than just admit to them, you decide it's "my problem" or "I'm just taking things personally". Just like everyone else who disagrees with you.

I really don't understand what you're pissed about and the only people I really get into pissing contests with are the bammers and they give as good as they get. If I've wronged a buddy of yours point it out and I'll take it under advisement and evaluate my position.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To summarize in 3 words:

Fuck. Lane. Kiffin.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand what you're pissed about and the only people I really get into pissing contests with are the bammers and they give as good as they get. If I've wronged a buddy of yours point it out and I'll take it under advisement and evaluate my position.

First of all, I didn't get pissed off. You did. I simply pointed out the fallacies in your post. It was you who came back with the comment that I was somehow reading more into it and it was "my issue".

Again, keep trying to make this about me if you want, I've said all I need to say about the subject.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Wait until he's calling plays against us in a future NCG or playoff game!! That should be fun!!

It will be! Look what we did after that pos left. He's going to wreck another program or Saban might just fire his ass after a couple of games. I still can't believe they have him in the fold.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I didn't get pissed off. You did. I simply pointed out the fallacies in your post. It was you who came back with the comment that I was somehow reading more into it and it was "my issue".

Again, keep trying to make this about me if you want, I've said all I need to say about the subject.

Look I really wasn't trying to dis Carroll or USC and honestly thought I was fair to Kiffin considering I really don't care for him. I do regret using the term "ass" that wasn't fair so I do apologize to you for that. You're entitled to your opinion I'm entitled to mine I'm just really surprised my opinion on this offended that wasn't the intent.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be more than a coincidence.

Lane HC @USC - SoCal 5 star QB leaves the state and commits to Bama;
Lane OC @Bama - same QB decommits from Bama and goes back to SoCal.

Appears to me he is trying to get as far away from that doucebag coach as he can.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, but Kiff never covered up a r*pe, nor did he ever send a kid up in an observation platform in 50 mile an hour winds. And he never had anything to do with an imaginary girlfriend of one of his players:rollseyes:

But he may have been involved in deflated footballs:L

So what? Lots of people never covered up a r*pe, sent a kid up in an observation tower, or got involved with an imaginary girlfriend and yet they are still jerks. I an not sure those 3 things are the bar for sainthood. Kiffen destroyed 50 yrs of history in 10 months at Tenn. he racks up minor violations and stupid comments. Outside of bring lucky sperm, I am trying to figure out why this guy keeps getting chances while there are a ton of smart, hardworking coaches that never get a break.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I really wasn't trying to dis Carroll or USC and honestly thought I was fair to Kiffin considering I really don't care for him. I do regret using the term "ass" that wasn't fair so I do apologize to you for that. You're entitled to your opinion I'm entitled to mine I'm just really surprised my opinion on this offended that wasn't the intent.

No worries. I didn't feel like I did anything other than point out a couple of fallacies in your post. It came across to me that you were basically claiming that Carroll was somehow less demanding than Saban. In his own way, Carroll is every bit as demanding as Saban, he's just more tactful about it was my point. You simply don't reach the levels that Carroll and Saban have reached without being demanding.

Like you when people bring up the Cam Newton crap, this "Good-Time Petey" who just fell into a goldmine of talent at USC and didn't really have to work gets a little played out.

Same with the Kiffin stuff. The guy may have a problem with running his fool mouth, but the idea that he doesn't work hard is simply not true. At USC, during the season, he was sleeping in his office more often than not. He didn't fail at USC because he didn't work hard enough. He failed because he created a pretty toxic environment by making enemies of the local media. Kiffin could have saved a baby from a burning building and the L.A. media would have said he started the fire. That was on Kiffin though, he created that problem.

If I'm a fan of an SEC team, other than 'Bama, Kiffin running their offense would scare the hell out of me. His offense is basically a more advanced, faster tempo version of what 'Bama currently runs.

As has been pointed out, there are pretty much 1 of 2 things that will happen. Kiffin will do what he did when he was OC at USC and Saban and 'Bama fans will be very happy with him. Or he will be the idiot he was as a head coach and he will be gone faster than he arrived. I think we can all agree that Saban isn't going to allow anyone to tear down his program.