• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Khalil Mack to the Bears!!!!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Measuring value of two high caliber players is difficult. You could argue the point for either player.

That said, I would give the edge to Mack over the past few years. Although last year, Jones was clearly better.
Chandler Jones had a whopping 2 more pressures

The Cards D was 4th in DVOA in 2017

The Raiders D was 29th in DVOA in 2017.

Outside of sacks, which aren't the most stable thing in the world... clearly might be a tad strong there.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chandler Jones had a whopping 2 more pressures

The Cards D was 4th in DVOA in 2017

The Raiders D was 29th in DVOA in 2017.

Outside of sacks, which aren't the most stable thing in the world... clearly might be a tad strong there.
6.5 more sacks, 12 more tackles for loss, more pressures, forced fumbles. Pretty much every major category for a defensive pass rusher, Jones was better last year. Seems pretty clear to me.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true interested if the Raiders got what they were asking for and does this make the Bears a playoff contender?
Well the Raiders got a boat load of draft choices.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6.5 more sacks, 12 more tackles for loss, more pressures, forced fumbles. Pretty much every major category for a defensive pass rusher, Jones was better last year. Seems pretty clear to me.
I think you're a bit too eager to base the argument on output, when you need many things going right for those things to happen. I respect the argument, I don't really agree though given the canyon sized gulf between the Raider and Cardinals D. Both teams would have a massive dropoff without Mack and Jones respectively. Hard to gauge.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're a bit too eager to base the argument on output, when you need many things going right for those things to happen. I respect the argument, I don't really agree though given the canyon sized gulf between the Raider and Cardinals D. Both teams would have a massive dropoff without Mack and Jones respectively. Hard to gauge.

That was pretty funny.

I agree. Hard to gauge. Whether we want to admit it or not, there is bias involved as well.

We can leave it at that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Macks evaluation is difficult because the Raiders secondary was arguably the worst in the league last year. If someone says that Mack is the best in the business then its fairly hard to argue either way. I just know that he is really good and the odds of the Raiders finding someone as good or better with 2 1st round picks has to be a really small fraction. After all, Khalil Mack went 5th overall in a stacked draft class and probably could've gone #1 if Clowney didn't have the most insane level of hype.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears had a good defense already.....now? Really good.

But, Trubisky needs another year and he doesn't have enough help on offense.
I don’t get why people keep saying this. It was true last year, but this year it is far from the truth. The Bears oline is actually pretty good. The bears skilled weapons were weak last year, but this year they have Allen Robinson, who’s a legit 1 wr, Trey Burton, who looks like the real deal at TE, Anthony Miller, who has a legit shot at being the OROY, Taylor Gabriel, who is a quality weapon, Jordan Howard, who is a legit top 10 back in the league, Tarik Cohen, who is a great change of pace back, and a finally healthy Kevin white, who is an unknown. Fuck, even Javon Wims looks like a legit weapon this year. That offense is brimming with talent, the question is if Trubisky is any good at QB. If he is, the bears win a lot of games this year.

On top of all that, they brought in a head coach who knows offense rather than fox, who sucks offensively.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack got doubled a lot because he lacked help. Pretty sure Jones didn't get doubled as much.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread reads a lot like the threads back when the Bears signed Julius Peppers. He put them over the top and they won at least, well I for get how many, superbowls...

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get why people keep saying this. It was true last year, but this year it is far from the truth. The Bears oline is actually pretty good. The bears skilled weapons were weak last year, but this year they have Allen Robinson, who’s a legit 1 wr, Trey Burton, who looks like the real deal at TE, Anthony Miller, who has a legit shot at being the OROY, Taylor Gabriel, who is a quality weapon, Jordan Howard, who is a legit top 10 back in the league, Tarik Cohen, who is a great change of pace back, and a finally healthy Kevin white, who is an unknown. Fuck, even Javon Wims looks like a legit weapon this year. That offense is brimming with talent, the question is if Trubisky is any good at QB. If he is, the bears win a lot of games this year.

On top of all that, they brought in a head coach who knows offense rather than fox, who sucks offensively.
Believe it when I see it.

Robinson is coming back from an injury.....I believe.

White won't ever amount to much.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread reads a lot like the threads back when the Bears signed Julius Peppers. He put them over the top and they won at least, well I for get how many, superbowls...

You comparing Khalil Mack to a decrepit version of Julius Peppers with Jay Cutler at QB?

giphy.gif

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it when I see it.

Robinson is coming back from an injury.....I believe.

White won't ever amount to much.
Meh, ACL tears aren’t as bad as they used to be. And I don’t know how you can say that about white when he’s only played in 4 games the last three years. You can say he will get injured again, but he has size and speed that is rare for the WR position. If he ever has a good year, it will be his contract year which is this year. I doubt he does great this year, but only because he will be buried on the depth chart.

The weapons are there for Trubisky to succeed. Now, the pressure is squarely on Trubisky and Nagy’s shoulders.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Mack in his prime to Peppers is a joke....

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack got doubled a lot because he lacked help. Pretty sure Jones didn't get doubled as much.

That too can be taken with a grain of salt.....too many factors involved. For instance, I think C. Jones plays predominantly on the right side, ie facing the LT. I can't say with certainty that Mack goes against the left side of the OL with similar frequency.

Jones is an underrated guy.....I'd be equally happy with either as my teams premiere pass rusher.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, ACL tears aren’t as bad as they used to be. And I don’t know how you can say that about white when he’s only played in 4 games the last three years. You can say he will get injured again, but he has size and speed that is rare for the WR position. If he ever has a good year, it will be his contract year which is this year. I doubt he does great this year, but only because he will be buried on the depth chart.

The weapons are there for Trubisky to succeed. Now, the pressure is squarely on Trubisky and Nagy’s shoulders.
Trhbisky came into the League very raw.....he gets a pass the first few seasons......his 3rd season will be the key one.

I stand by my statement......RB's are good but he needs better WR's.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Mack in his prime to Peppers is a joke....

I didn't, it was a comparison of the Bear's fans reactions.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trhbisky came into the League very raw.....he gets a pass the first few seasons......his 3rd season will be the key one.

I stand by my statement......RB's are good but he needs better WR's.
Certainly fair that much of the Bears offense is, if nothing else, speculative and unproven.