• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin McHale just got fired

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy what happens with NBA coaches. You make the WCF one year and get fired not even a quarter of the way through the following season.

I don't understand it either.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy what happens with NBA coaches. You make the WCF one year and get fired not even a quarter of the way through the following season.

Makes me think there's more to the story than just the 4-7 start. There had to have been some kind of issue between him and Harden/Howard or upper management. The leaks about Harden's teammates being frustrated with his attitude and personality also points to problems in the locker room which McHale may be getting blamed for as well.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me think there's more to the story than just the 4-7 start. There had to have been some kind of issue between him and Harden/Howard or upper management.

I think Houston fired McHale because the Celtics beat the Rockets in the '81 & '86 Finals.:nod:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rockets fired McHale because the Celtics beat the Rockets in the '81 & '86 Finals.:nod:

Maybe the Lakers can hire him and then fire him for the clothesline on Rambis.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Lakers can hire him and then fire him for the clothesline on Rambis.

Hopefully this doesn't sound biased since I'm a Celtics fan but McHale really didn't mean to do that.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Houston fired McHale because the Celtics beat the Rockets in the '81 & '86 Finals.:nod:

1981 -- The Rockets beat the Lakers that year in the playoffs -- and then the Lakers fired Paul Westhead 11 games into the subsequent season -- even though Lakers had a 7-4 record. (had to look that up ... obviously better record than the Rocket's 4-7) Rumors were that Magic wanted Westhead gone.

The previous year Westhead's Lakers won the Championship in his first year of NBA coaching.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this doesn't sound biased since I'm a Celtics fan but McHale really didn't mean to do that.

I saw it when it happened and even as a Lakers fan, I think that he intended to commit a hard foul, back then, the rule was no layups. I don't think he was trying to hurt Rambis or for it to happen like it did. Imo, it was a big reason why the Lakers were able to come back and win 3 more titles in the '80's. The Celtics showed them that "Showtime" wasn't going to be enough anymore. They were going to have to toughen up. If memory serves, that series was where Riley came up with "no rebounds, no rings" because the Celtics had beaten the Lakers by being more physical.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it when it happened and even as a Lakers fan, I think that he intended to commit a hard foul, back then, the rule was no layups. I don't think he was trying to hurt Rambis or for it to happen like it did. Imo, it was a big reason why the Lakers were able to come back and win 3 more titles in the '80's. The Celtics showed them that "Showtime" wasn't going to be enough anymore. They were going to have to toughen up. If memory serves, that series was where Riley came up with "no rebounds, no rings" because the Celtics had beaten the Lakers by being more physical.

Oh I was just kidding around. My guess is McHale meant to do that. Much different NBA back in the 80's than what's played today.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I was just kidding around. My guess is McHale meant to do that. Much different NBA back in the 80's than what's played today.

That's funny because as a Lakers fan, I don't think he intended for it to be that bad. Just a standard "playoff foul." Just caught Rambis at a bad angle.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funniest thing about Parrish's beatdown of Bill Lambeer was that Chief didn't even get called for a foul.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down goes Houston again but McHale was the problem lmao

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Bickerstaff!

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down goes Houston again but McHale was the problem lmao

The problem starts and ends with Daryl Morey.

1st round picks off the top of my head(my internet is dogshit at my current location): Dekker, Motiejunas(trade), Terrence Jones, Royce White, Marcus Morris(Kawhi Leonard picked 1 spot later), Jeremy Lamb. At one point there were 9 power forwards in the 15 man roster. None of them were worth a shit. Motiejunas is by far the best 1st round pickup of this list, and I'm not convinced his defense and rebounding will ever be any good.

Had Rick Adelman, but Adelman didn't buy into his horseshit system of threes, free throws and layups. If all else fails, jack up a stupid three.

Gets Kevin McHale because he will play puppet to his style of play. Fires Kevin McHale because his dogshit philosophy doesn't work when you have no three point shooters.

Any decent power forward or point guard he has ever had he has let go, yet he has this fascination with drafting 6'9 tweeners in the first round. The dude let Josh Smith walk because he wanted to pay some dude named KJ McDaniels who can't even sniff the rotation.

Attempted to trade away half the fucking team for Pau Gasol, thankfully David Stern vetoed the trade.

Traded Kevin Martin and garbage parts for a player that might as well be Kevin Martin with better offense and worse defense.

Somehow, this jackass has a following that thinks he can do no wrong whatsoever even though all he does is churn the roster like a day trader and has some decent second round picks. Dude is fucking garbage, but people are somehow convinced he is a god that is the best gm in the league and shouldn't be fired because he managed to get two very flawed "stars" on the team.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sea Kings are a bunch of cheaters. Certainly at least when we played them in the CIF playoffs!

Fuck them!

I shouldn't talk, because we cheated back in 04-05, when we got Amir Johnson to come to our school by recruiting him, which is illegal. We were #1 in California and #3 in the country I think, but were banned from the playoffs that year.