• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Garnett: ‘I don’t think guys from 20 years ago could play in this game’

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful. Basically, he would be Giannis...still a great player, but limited in ways that make it hard to get to the finals, let alone win a title.

Giannis is half shaq's size overall almost in overall body mass and a fraction of the strength. But ok

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okk... What "all time great collection of big men" is going to stop him from having his way on everything and everyone today? Shaq played in the 90s and 2000s when the league still had a host of great, talented big man around. There are what? 3-4 around today? HA!!.. If that. What is Draymond Green gonna shut him down or what?

No individual is stopping him.

Team concepts are going to make him less efficient though, on both ends.

The thing with Shaq’s era is that they had to guard him 1 on 1 with a late double. There are a lot more options available to defenses today. It is why old school post players are being phased out.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okk... What "all time great collection of big men" is going to stop him from having his way on everything and everyone today? Shaq played in the 90s and 2000s when the league still had a host of great, talented big man around. There are what? 3-4 around today? HA!!.. If that. What is Draymond Green gonna shut him down or what?

The Pistons did fine and didn't have any all world bigs. With today's options to a defense they could manage. Hed get his but no...he wouldn't average 35

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pistons did fine and didn't have any all world bigs. With today's options to a defense they could manage. Hed get his but no...he wouldn't average 35

Righhhttt.. ...And Shaq still dominated them. Look at the #s dude. . Its just Kobe went into KoME selfish brick mode is why LA lost. The offense didn't go through Shaq like it did from 2000-2003.

Saying Shaq wouldn't dominate is like saying MJ wouldn't dominate. Stupidity

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis is half shaq's size overall almost in overall body mass and a fraction of the strength. But ok

lol. It's hilarious how little you know. It's not about strength, it's about skill.

Shaq had the same skill set as Giannis. All of his scoring is in the paint. Defensively, teams would "build a wall" to keep him from just going straight to the basket. Just like they do to Giannis. When he's on defense, they'd attack him from the perimeter forcing him to choose between giving an open shot, or risk having a guy beat him off the dribble. They'd also attack him with the pick and roll which he hated trying to defend.

As I said, Shaq would still be a monster, but not like he was in his era.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Righhhttt.. ...And Shaq still dominated them. Look at the #s dude. . Its just Kobe went into KoME selfish brick mode is why LA lost. The offense didn't go through Shaq like it did from 2000-2003.

Saying Shaq wouldn't dominate is like saying MJ wouldn't dominate. Stupidity

You seem to forget he also played for Miami. Wade carried them the title year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would only a struggle against a sharp shooting, fast pace team like the old Warriors with Durant/Curry/Thompson and they are no longer. Shaq would avg a CAREER 35-20 in this trash league with some 70-85 point games thrown in.
All the good teams are fast paced sharp shooting teams now. That's the whole point of what we are saying about Shaq

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. It's hilarious how little you know. It's not about strength, it's about skill.

Shaq had the same skill set as Giannis. All of his scoring is in the paint. Defensively, teams would "build a wall" to keep him from just going straight to the basket. Just like they do to Giannis. When he's on defense, they'd attack him from the perimeter forcing him to choose between giving an open shot, or risk having a guy beat him off the dribble. They'd also attack him with the pick and roll which he hated trying to defend.

And Gianni's can hit a jump shot in a way Shaq could not

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Wallace was pretty legit

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has @DorianRo ever been right about anything? Wiggy gets one right sometimes at least

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man you are beyond clueless. In today's game, no hand check, no elbow in the back, hard fouls are a flagrant..Shaq would dunk 20 times a game. You know nothing Dude

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you are beyond clueless. In today's game, no hand check, no elbow in the back, hard fouls are a flagrant..Shaq would dunk 20 times a game. You know nothing Dude

lol

Keep proving how little you know. You probably haven't watched a game since Shaq's era. You literally have zero clue how the game is played now.

Here's a clue, when DorianRo agrees with you...you're wrong.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t like today’s game nearly as much, taking away hand checking helps the offense ridiculously, the NBA also doesn’t let you play low post defense either, I’ve watched players just get out of the way in the post to avoid the foul call which happens way too much ... Back in the day you could get physical in the paint, body up, make low post scoring difficult, not anymore ...

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think peak Warriors would smoke the Dream Team just because they’d shoot 3’s all the time, regardless of how much better the Dream Team is than GS at basketball.
Lmao, holy how did I miss this drunk post.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t like today’s game nearly as much, taking away hand checking helps the offense ridiculously, the NBA also doesn’t let you play low post defense either, I’ve watched players just get out of the way in the post to avoid the foul call which happens way too much ... Back in the day you could get physical in the paint, body up, make low post scoring difficult, not anymore ...

Yeah, I like today's game better than the 90's. But I agree, they need to let some of the physical play back into the game. I don't want to see the stuff they did in the 90's. But the no layup rule and bringing back hand checking would be good, imo.