• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant: Stephen A. is "lying" about Lakers rumors

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize there is video proof of Durant being interviewed by this guy he never spoke to right? Video proof of Durant's mother on First take as well right?

This is about Durant lying
Did Durant ever say to any one in an actual quote that was his intentions? I really don't care to be honest. I could be wrong, but Stephen has had some credibility issues in the past and that's what happens when a person has been busted. People then continue to question his credibility. Either way, the Lakers young team would have to be one hell of a lot better and improved for Durant to even cough at the Lakers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Durant ever say to any one in an actual quote that was his intentions? I really don't care to be honest. I could be wrong, but Stephen has had some credibility issues in the past and that's what happens when a person has been busted. People then continue to question his credibility. Either way, the Lakers young team would have to be one hell of a lot better and improved for Durant to even cough at the Lakers.

Name these credibility issues. Everyone is saying he has credibility issues with no evidence. As Stephen A said, the media doesn't have to talk to the player in order to talk about them

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I think what annoyed Stephen A was his comment about he doesn't talk to Stephen A when Stephen A has interviewed him on several occasions. He invited Stephen A to his Seattle home in his rookie year.
Having interviewed some one a few times though does not constitute Stephen being a person who talks to Durant or his family. It does sound like Durant over-stated his position a bit and both are twisting things out of portion, but I understand what Durant was saying and he was trying to shut down the rumors for the sake of continuity and getting along for the season in Oklahoma. If I was Durant, even if I intended to sign with the team, I would still wait til the summer. It is simply better business and has no indication of his intention. Stephen is right about one other thing as well. Durant is considering a departure from Oklahoma. That too is almost always going to be the case though

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name these credibility issues. Everyone is saying he has credibility issues with no evidence. As Stephen A said, the media doesn't have to talk to the player in order to talk about them
I am pretty sure Trojanfan already posted them - go back and read them. That works for me.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't like him because he has a big mouth that is fine but the credibility issues nonsense needs to stop unless you come in here with actual evidence.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One proof of credibility issues for me is that he works for ESPN to be honest. I have consider those guys here in Los Angeles to be hacks for the last decade

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't like him because he has a big mouth that is fine but the credibility issues nonsense needs to stop unless you come in here with actual evidence.
Like I said - there is plenty of credibility like the race baiting crap

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have to do with anything? Name some of these NBA related stories where his credibility was in doubt.
As I said - Trojanfan posted them already - just go back and read everything already written. I don't have time to go back and re-read and re-print that stuff

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't post anything NBA related.

You guys have nothing

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why - several already posted the reasons in this thread - just go back and read them

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why this is getting so much publicity. We all know KD is going to orchestrate a sign and trade to the Warriors...

:pop2:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have to do with anything? Name some of these NBA related stories where his credibility was in doubt.

Actually, his credibility issues have been brought up. His race baiting and then back tracking on his Chip Kelly rant are a perfect example of his credibility issues. Just because you buy the back tracking, doesn't mean he's credible.

He does the same thing over and over again. Someone that he knows in the league speculates about something. If he thinks it's something that he can use to get his name out there and stir the pot a bit, he runs with it without verifying it's validity. If he can make it about race, that's even better. It's his whole schtick and always has been.

And interviewing someone a few times and being a person that they talk to, is not the same thing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, his credibility issues have been brought up. His race baiting and then back tracking on his Chip Kelly rant are a perfect example of his credibility issues. Just because you buy the back tracking, doesn't mean he's credible.

He does the same thing over and over again. Someone that he knows in the league speculates about something. If he thinks it's something that he can use to get his name out there and stir the pot a bit, he runs with it without verifying it's validity. If he can make it about race, that's even better. It's his whole schtick and always has been.

And interviewing someone a few times and being a person that they talk to, is not the same thing.

When has Stephen A credibility ever been in doubt when it comes to something he reported about the NBA? You know the league he's been covering for the last 20 years? I'll wait

He has such credibility issues but you guys can't even give me 2 times he said something that wasn't credible in the NBA

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has Stephen A credibility ever been in doubt when it comes to something he reported about the NBA? You know the league he's been covering for the last 20 years? I'll wait

He has such credibility issues but you guys can't even give me 2 times he said something that wasn't credible in the NBA

You didn't ask specifically for an example from the NBA, you asked for examples of why he lacks credibility. You were given an example and now you want to move the goal posts. That's Wiggy level bullshit right there.

As for lacking credibility in the NBA. Kevin Durant just delivered a blow to his credibility by saying no one that he talks to has said anything of the kind to Stephen A. So whatever "source" Stephen A. has, it was apparently someone who isn't part of Durant's "inner circle."

The fact that he makes the statement and doesn't even give a name after getting called out, hurts his credibility as well.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't ask specifically for an example from the NBA, you asked for examples of why he lacks credibility. You were given an example and now you want to move the goal posts. That's Wiggy level bullshit right there.

As for lacking credibility in the NBA. Kevin Durant just delivered a blow to his credibility by saying no one that he talks to has said anything of the kind to Stephen A. So whatever "source" Stephen A. has, it was apparently someone who isn't part of Durant's "inner circle."

The fact that he makes the statement and doesn't even give a name after getting called out, hurts his credibility as well.
This is what I was asking earlier by asking for the names of the people Stephen A spoke to. Bktbllr put a video of Durant's mom being interviewed, but that doesn't mean she said anything to him until Stephen names his sources and I get it that he doesn't want to name his sources because he knows that he will never get information from that source again, but he has to name his source

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOl - Stephen Smiths rantings reminds me of Hollinger's power rankings - what worthless pile of crap that always was

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A was making a decent argument up until he started saying shit like "You really want to start shit with me?" "you do not want to make enemies with me". Wtf is he going to do, calling someone racist is the worst thing he can do lol.