• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kesler to Ducks

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kesler and 2014 3rd round pick for Bonino, Sbisa, 2014 1st round pick (24th) and 3rd round pick.

Ducks get that 2C they have needed to alleviate the pressure off Getzlaf. I think they sold high on Bonino, Sbisa was just freaking awful and the 24th pick isn't that bad. The 3rds are just swaps. Sbisa was the centerpiece of the Pronger deal, the Ducks got hosed big time but then again, Pronger had to cut his career short too in Philadelphia.

Still don't think it's enough to compete with LA or Chicago but it's an improvement.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, the 24th overall pick is Anaheim's. They still have the 10th overall pick from the Ryan trade and Vancouver was pushing for that one.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Ducks got a 2nd line center but who are his wingers? They traded one of their top 6 wingers in Bonino and Selanne retired. I admit I don't know that much about the Ducks roster but who's left? Emerson Etem?

Ox

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kesler has been on the down slide for the last few years. He had 2 big years in 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 when he had 75 and 73 points the 73 point season scoring 41 goal but since then hes had 49, 13, and 43 points while having injuries.

I dont think this really changes much. The Ducks are going with 2 rookie goalies have a pretty shoddy defense and really not a lot of depth of front. They have some good younger players but they still need time to pan out.

I like that Burnside things this changes everything because the dude always picks against the Kings and always looks stupid. He was so against the Gaborik trade and how terrible of a trade it was.

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a shocker. Burnside the Kings hater says Kesler "shifts the balance of power" in the west.

"LOL"

Kesler trade shifts balance of power in West - Cross Checks Blog - ESPN

What a clown. Yes, it improves Anaheim, but shifts the balance of power? Good one. I'll put the Kings four centers up against any 4 the league has to offer. And keep in mind as Deader said, this isn't the Kesler of 2010 or even 2011. This guy has taken a pounding the last few years and in my opinion will be a step up from Stoll but nowhere near a Carter as the 2C for Anaheim.

This asshat fails to remember that Anaheim has had great regular seasons recently but got shit canned in the QFs or SFs every year since the Cup win. I've mentioned this in a previous post, but in the 7 years since their Cup win: 2 no shows, 3 times getting beat in the QFs and 2 times getting beat in the SFs. They have not won 2 series in a PO season since 2007. Them making the playoffs is not a guarantee every year, let alone being a powerhouse.

The only shifting this guy should be talking about is his hand from his butt to his mouth so we don't have to hear his pie hole. The Cup still goes through LA and then Chicago before Anaheim is even considered realistic.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Burnside things this changes everything because the dude always picks against the Kings and always looks stupid. He was so against the Gaborik trade and how terrible of a trade it was.

He's a Kings hater for sure, I just love the fact he gets his corn pushed in yearly with his predictions against LA.

Here's the article you are referring to: Kings won't be much better with Gaborik - Cross Checks Blog - ESPN

How'd that work out for ya, Burny?

=)~~

Best line of the article:

Could Gaborik play a meaningful role in such a playoff run? Don't see it at all. And given the other options that were available, it's hard not to think the Kings might have sold themselves short.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at Burnsides Picks. He has only picked the Kings to win ONE series in the last 3 years and that was this year vs the Rangers in the finals!

This dude just HATES the Kings.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's fine by me - keep picking them wrong, we will keep enjoying the Cups and wins.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK guys, help me out with this. All the media is going apeshit about how much better the Ducks are because they acquired Kesler. Last year Kesler had 25-18-43, the year before injured and played 17 games, year before that 22-27-49

Bonino last year--as Ducks 2nd line center, same position Kesler will play-- 22-27-49 in his first full season; the which is as good or better than any of Kesler's last three seasons with Vancouver.

I realize Kesler is supposedly tougher and plays better defense (if those are true), but otherwise I don't see the enormous upgrade everyone else is talking about, especially for a $3.1m larger cap hit.

What am I missing here?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kesler is a Selke winner and anchored the first line with the Sedins and scored 40+ goals once, but that was 4 years ago. He plays physical, is a good two-way guy but is more hype than not these days. When the Kings were dropped by the Canucks in 2011 in the playoffs, that is the Kesler people think he still is. Sorry, he ain't.

His stats have declined the last few years, he has been injured significantly (hips, shoulders) because of how he plays and Bonino actually outscored him this past season.

I say let them go crazy, the Kings have faced Kesler teams before and beat the shit out of them.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess it he puts one year in Anaheim and when they fail again in the playoffs as Boudreau coached teams always do he goes somewhere else for more money when he becomes a free agent. Most likely to an eastern team chasing the Cup. I doubt any contending team in the west would sign him.

Ox

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonino has a lot more upside where Kesler has been going down for 3 years. The Ducks need defense and depth in the 3rd and 4th lines more than Kesler.