• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kendricks The Odd Man Out - Surprised?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that is a sad statement you are making, but irrelevant in this case.

This guy is a professional athlete, and as someone who helps pay his salary by virtue of my financial support for his employer, I can choose to call him a bum if he performs like a bum and fails to take his job seriously.

He doesn't just have any job, he enjoys a position of privilege and one that many people would love to have. If he fails, there are literally hundreds of people who would be candidates to take his place. So it's not the same as most of the American public working behind at desk or at a counter in Target or whatever.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I'd say an enormous portion of the American public does the same thing.

So, because you believe a lot of people do it there is nothing wrong with it? How old are you?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, because you believe a lot of people do it there is nothing wrong with it? How old are you?

Pointing out that many people do the same thing is me pointing out a fact. I've said nothing about whether there is anything wrong with it or not. But yeah, I don't condemn all the other people who don't give 100% to their job so I'm not going to blame him or get upset about it either. The front office should be vetting players and figuring out which ones want to play football and which ones don't.

If Kendricks doesn't want to play football, release him. Simple solution. It's not his problem that the front office gave him a boat load of money.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that is a sad statement you are making, but irrelevant in this case.

This guy is a professional athlete, and as someone who helps pay his salary by virtue of my financial support for his employer, I can choose to call him a bum if he performs like a bum and fails to take his job seriously.

He doesn't just have any job, he enjoys a position of privilege and one that many people would love to have. If he fails, there are literally hundreds of people who would be candidates to take his place. So it's not the same as most of the American public working behind at desk or at a counter in Target or whatever.

You can call him a bum. That's fair. I've only said I'm not going to condemn him for it. Do as you wish.

If he fails, there are not literally hundreds of people who could take his place. It's actually the opposite. There are many, many people who could work behind a counter at Target. There is a very small group of people who can play linebacker at the NFL level.

And remember, this is all speculative. He may love playing football. But if he doesn't, oh well. He's squandered an opportunity that very few people get, but that's his prerogative.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds to me like you're saying there is nothing wrong with it.

It's more like -- you think there is something wrong with it and it doesn't bother me one way or the other.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more like -- you think there is something wrong with it and it doesn't bother me one way or the other.

OK. Fraud bothers me. But to each their own I suppose...

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. Aside from the disappointment of the promise that Kendricks was....I could give two shits whether he is a bum or not. I am not going to change or remove my financial support of my team. I am going to watch and see that those within my teams organization move such a bum along on the quickest course they can take within the CBA; without hamstringing the teams immediate future.

Aside from all of that....I do not care. That is not the same as saying there is nothing wrong with it wrong with Kendricks being a bum.

For anyone that finds enough fault to get worked up about all the bums out there....enjoy the ulcer.