• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kelly hires Brown's DC..

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Kawakami is great entertainment for sure. I think he is right on some counts, some of the points he is guessing, and one for sure has been in dispute (the point about Gase last year).

Gase is long gone and we will find out soon enough if he can coach. If the Dolphins make the playoffs twice in the next three years and the Niners fail to make the playoffs at all, then the Niners missed out on him on account of Jed Dork's insistence on hiring Tomsula (he was their man all along) :L. I don't feel too bad for Tomsula. He made himself a boat load of money for doing a below average job for one year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase is long gone and we will find out soon enough if he can coach. If the Dolphins make the playoffs twice in the next three years and the Niners fail to make the playoffs at all, then the Niners missed out on him on account of Jed Dork's insistence on hiring Tomsula (he was their man all along) :L. I don't feel too bad for Tomsula. He made himself a boat load of money for doing a below average job for one year.

Matt Maiocco who has some pretty good sources inside the organization claimed from sources the 49ers never actually made Gase an offer and felt Gase was not ready to be a HC. That contradicts Kawakami's version of events.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Maiocco who has some pretty good sources inside the organization claimed from sources the 49ers never actually made Gase an offer and felt Gase was not ready to be a HC. That contradicts Kawakami's version of events.

I guess we will never find out the truth. Anyways, last year was a wasted year, something the Niners couldn't afford to do. That's the difference between the Niners and the Warriors/Giants, plus stability in the FO. I would have thought that the Niners would win a championship before the Warriors. The Warriors are on their way to a possible 2nd straight championship and they are fun to watch. The Giants signed three FA with hopes of winning a 4th World Series. The Niners on the other hand are floudering and spinning their wheels, much like a hamster.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will never find out the truth. Anyways, last year was a wasted year, something the Niners couldn't afford to do. That's the difference between the Niners and the Warriors/Giants, plus stability in the FO. I would have thought that the Niners would win a championship before the Warriors. The Warriors are on their way to a possible 2nd straight championship and they are fun to watch. The Giants signed three FA with hopes of winning a 4th World Series. The Niners on the other hand are floudering and spinning their wheels, much like a hamster.

The Warriors looked like the last team that was going to do that a few years ago. The only downside is the freakin tickets are selling for double (sometimes more) than what I paid for a few seasons ago but I'll take it.

I understand about the rest. Can't say I am that enthusiastic about next year other than its better than Tomsula.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im excited to see what Kelly can do. I will wait until after the draft and FA to really get excited.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Kawakami.....he is arguably the biggest douchebag, along with the Cohn's in the Bay Area regarding sports reporting. Even when he is right, he comes off as a turd who threw as much crap at the wall and reporting whatever stuck.

Cohn Jr. got his ass kicked by Kelly in the HC intro presser.....and sure enough, Grant returned the 'favour' with a skewering that just reeked of a little kid who had his favourite toy taken away and was left in the sandbox to cry like a snivelling runt.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Kawakami.....he is arguably the biggest douchebag, along with the Cohn's in the Bay Area regarding sports reporting. Even when he is right, he comes off as a turd who threw as much crap at the wall and reporting whatever stuck.

Cohn Jr. got his ass kicked by Kelly in the HC intro presser.....and sure enough, Grant returned the 'favour' with a skewering that just reeked of a little kid who had his favourite toy taken away and was left in the sandbox to cry like a snivelling runt.

Kawakami has sources and on occasion does provide information from sources. But other time he just throws stuff out there that is just personal opinion without anything to back it up. When Kawakami publicly puts down other local journalists he takes things too far and it looks bad on him.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawakami has sources and on occasion does provide information from sources.

But....does he provide something verifiable from those sources?

"Sources says Pattersonca65 is into..."

Point is.....Fuck Kawakami and his workmanship. This garbage gets no click from me.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But....does he provide something verifiable from those sources?

"Sources says Pattersonca65 is into..."

Point is.....Fuck Kawakami and his workmanship. This garbage gets no click from me.

Unfortunately, sometimes you can't name sources. Maiocco doesn't name his sources. But Kawakami is what he is. I've always called him the National Enquirer of Bay Area Sports Journalism. Its how he gets his following.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, sometimes you can't name sources. Maiocco doesn't name his sources. But Kawakami is what he is. I've always called him the National Enquirer of Bay Area Sports Journalism. Its how he gets his following.

This really has nothing about 'can't name sources, sorry.' Maiocco will generally call it as it is. Same thing with Barrows. Kawakami is a whole different story. He LOOKS for the negative, and runs with it. It's night and day...and to this day I still wish that Raider exec. woulda punched his face in for his Raider report.