• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kelly hires Brown's DC..

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the defensive coaches collectively, are able to create the scheme...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well kept Mangini. Oh well
I agree at least the players would be coming into the 2nd year of his scheme. This moves no sense and im not happy with it. I also would rather have Tarver. They still kept Tarver as OLB coach.

Now the D has to learn another Scheme.

I always like to look at some positive. He did improve Browns D last year. This year was just a bad year.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree at least the players would be coming into the 2nd year of his scheme. This moves no sense and im not happy with it. I also would rather have Tarver. They still kept Tarver as OLB coach.

Now the D has to learn another Scheme.

I always like to look at some positive. He did improve Browns D last year. This year was just a bad year.

The Browns' defense was actually very good in 2014, but this past season, they were bad allowing 27 points per game. Any defense under Kelly will not be good statistically because of the offense the he runs. Let's just hope that the offense will greatly improve to help the defense out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan. I would rather see Chip take a DC from the college ranks.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns' defense was actually very good in 2014, but this past season, they were bad allowing 27 points per game. Any defense under Kelly will not be good statistically because of the offense the he runs. Let's just hope that the offense will greatly improve to help the defense out.

It's a real inaccurate and commonly reported axiom that Kelly's offense hurts a defense. What really hurts a defense is poor offense (at any pace) or poor defense. While it is true that Kelly likes to seriously amp up the pace of a game (he has run the least time between plays of any coach in the NFL over the last three years) all that really means is the defense may be subjected to another couple of series of possessions against them in a game. Its somewhat a moot point if the offense is being effective as in that case, the team is playing with a lead and it helps the defense. Its when it doesn't work (like the last season) where it gets ugly. An offense that is going three and out is ugly at any pace and puts way pressure on a defense to perform. Still, the defense needs to execute when they are on the field and if they can stop a drive they will be successful.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys I applied for the job but was told I was over qualified for it :gaah:

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a real inaccurate and commonly reported axiom that Kelly's offense hurts a defense. What really hurts a defense is poor offense (at any pace) or poor defense. While it is true that Kelly likes to seriously amp up the pace of a game (he has run the least time between plays of any coach in the NFL over the last three years) all that really means is the defense may be subjected to another couple of series of possessions against them in a game. Its somewhat a moot point if the offense is being effective as in that case, the team is playing with a lead and it helps the defense. Its when it doesn't work (like the last season) where it gets ugly. An offense that is going three and out is ugly at any pace and puts way pressure on a defense to perform. Still, the defense needs to execute when they are on the field and if they can stop a drive they will be successful.

Exactly. The Niners ranked dead last in points scored last season, a paltry 14.9 ppg. So unless the Niners improve on the offensive personnel, the same thing will happen this upcoming season, just like what happened to the Eagles who struggled defensively, especially the last five games of the season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The Niners ranked dead last in points scored last season, a paltry 14.9 ppg. So unless the Niners improve on the offensive personnel, the same thing will happen this upcoming season, just like what happened to the Eagles who struggled defensively, especially the last five games of the season.

I actually think the offense will be better this year. I don't know by how much but I think Kelly is smart enough to improve the utter crap that was under Chryst last year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cosell: Chip Kelly's defensive coordinator 'going to rank low'

"If you're gonna be the defensive coordinator for Chip Kelly, you're going to rank low," Cosell declared. "Fans need to understand that because they play a lot of plays. It's hard to be ranked 10th or 11th because it's just hard. That offense impacts the whole team. It's not just an offense."

makes sense to some extent.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the offense will be better this year. I don't know by how much but I think Kelly is smart enough to improve the utter crap that was under Chryst last year.

I agree with the sentiment. The offense has to where to go but up and should help the defense. My concern is when the Niners play tough physical defenses like the Seahawks and the Cardinals. If the offense cannot sustain any drives, it will be a long day for the defense.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3