• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keim mailbag Q and A

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20230402-141155_Samsung Notes.jpg
Screenshot_20230402-141201_Samsung Notes.jpg
Screenshot_20230402-141210_Samsung Notes.jpg
Screenshot_20230402-141216_Samsung Notes.jpg
Screenshot_20230402-141223_Samsung Notes.jpg
Screenshot_20230402-141228_Samsung Notes.jpg

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Mayer is a two way TE, just like Witten. I sure hope Dallas does not get him.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Chase and Sweat gone, for the right compensation. Neither looks special.
I think Payne is going to have a special special season. that Cole turner "love" seems like Bull to me.
This coaching staff needs to get on the same page with player outlooks

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Chase and Sweat gone, for the right compensation. Neither looks special.
I think Payne is going to have a special special season. that Cole turner "love" seems like Bull to me.
This coaching staff needs to get on the same page with player outlooks

I would take a high first for Sweat or Chase. There are a couple of pass rushers that would be able to replace them. We won’t get that but I would take it.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take a high first for Sweat or Chase. There are a couple of pass rushers that would be able to replace them. We won’t get that but I would take it.
Keim mentioned they have talked with Nolan Smith on multiple occasions.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i believe a high 2nd is possible for Sweat, its not that he hasn't played well, he just hasn't made the impact i expected. hence, he's not an ideal re-sign IMO. hey you never know, we've seen teams either get more comp than expected or GIVE away elite talent for peanuts.
With 2 elite DT's maybe, just maybe....a FA or draft pick can come in, and get between 8-12 sacks.
I see several late round picks in general that would be great to have

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would look to shore up the Oline as well, but when we’re talking about Oline the best OG, the best Center or the best Tackle?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking one of the offensive linemen at 16 if they are gone and we can't trade down Mayer is the pick and Sweat could be traded there are quite a few DE's in the draft I would take day 2 and 3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would look to shore up the Oline as well, but when we’re talking about Oline the best OG, the best Center or the best Tackle?

The best tackles will likely be gone. I don’t see Skoronski as a tackle. Paris and Jones will probably be gone but I don’t know how highly they are prized as LTs. As for natural guards or RTs, we are talking very late first or second round picks. I just don’t see any value for OL in the first for us, unless we trade down and pick up a second.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking one of the offensive linemen at 16 if they are gone and we can't trade down Mayer is the pick and Sweat could be traded there are quite a few DE's in the draft I would take day 2 and 3

Take a look at this article.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sweat should stay depending on price , chase could be clowney

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. a lot on info here. Looks like Howell will be QB 1. As for pick #16 I think the top 3 Ot's will be gone by #16. If they want oline will they take the Florida Og at #16? Or the center from Minn at #16? both seems kind of high, maybe on trade downs. The Roullier decision would be huge if he gets cut or restructured. The TE Mayer could be gone but I think he is still there, and he is TE1. Im surprised to see Kiem doesn't think he could be the pick at #16.

As for Cb's, Gonzo and Spoon should be gone by #16. Porter should be a strong possibility at #16. #4 Cb in the draft is still up for grabs between Forbes, Banks, and Ringo. Im curious to know what you guys' think is CB#4 and will you guys take CB#4 at #16?

It looks like trade down is option #1. Alot of things we could do at the draft.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would absolutely love Mayer, but TE is deep, and I'm sure EB will maximize the talent we have at WR. I figure even if Terry's targets drop, he'll have games where he's over 100 yards receiving with like 3 catches

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never expected Lamar to come here. Too much contract with the way the team is constructed now.

My favored spot before even a hint of the old RFK sit was National Harbor. Landover is still in play most likely. Tear down the old stadium and build a new one .... 1. RFK site; 2. National Harbor

I felt like DE should be in the mix for the draft this year. Sweat is good, not great. Young would have to career if to stay. OL and CB first.

I would love a name change but not expecting one.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. a lot on info here. Looks like Howell will be QB 1. As for pick #16 I think the top 3 Ot's will be gone by #16. If they want oline will they take the Florida Og at #16? Or the center from Minn at #16? both seems kind of high, maybe on trade downs. The Roullier decision would be huge if he gets cut or restructured. The TE Mayer could be gone but I think he is still there, and he is TE1. Im surprised to see Kiem doesn't think he could be the pick at #16.

As for Cb's, Gonzo and Spoon should be gone by #16. Porter should be a strong possibility at #16. #4 Cb in the draft is still up for grabs between Forbes, Banks, and Ringo. Im curious to know what you guys' think is CB#4 and will you guys take CB#4 at #16?

I think Gonzalez is far ahead of all others at corner.

Porter
Witherspoon
Banks
DJ Turner
Ringo
Forbes…it would be fun to watch two bean poles play when we go against Philly

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see them targeting Torrence on a trade down if Skoronski is gone. This is assuming Paris and the tackle from Georgia are gone.

Smoot was on Sheehan's podcast and he said he feels Porter Jr. could get exposed by smaller wrs. Said he could struggle in zone.

Really talked up Forbes. Said he's the closest thing to Suace in this draft. Said he was the fastest and was the best ball hawk. They both went to Miss. St.

Smoot watches a lot of college ball, but both of them being from Miss. St. makes me wonder if that is a factor for Smoot's praise.

As far as CB4 I think it might be Forbes even though he's 170 soaken wet.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think Ringo is overrated and Forbes is underrated, he has tremendous production in back to back seasons.
Devonta has played well for the Eagles, not saying i want Forbes at 16 but i wont punch the TV either

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Ringo is overrated and Forbes is underrated, he has tremendous production in back to back seasons.
Devonta has played well for the Eagles, not saying i want Forbes at 16 but i wont punch the TV either
If they go o line maybe Forbes is there at 47.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gonzalez is far ahead of all others at corner.

Porter
Witherspoon
Banks
DJ Turner
Ringo
Forbes…it would be fun to watch two bean poles play when we go against Philly
Bucky Brooks latest mock has the Skins taking Gonzalez @ 16.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those saying the Skins need to trade Sweat, I know, I want more sacks from him as well n thgught he should've had more than 8 last year with Allen/Payne getting 19. That said, there's more to playing DE than getting sacks and if you think PFF's grading system has any value. The opinions in the links may give you pause. And for my money if the Skins can't keep both Sweat n Chase, and I still can't wrap my head around paying 4 DL starters, 80 million total. I'd prefer they'd keep Montez.

PFF rates Sweat 7th best edge defender in 2022 Ranking the 25 best edge defenders from the 2022 NFL regular season | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

PFF ranks the top 10 Skins defenders for 2022. This list includes multiple non-starters like Jeremy Reaves who probab;ly got a lotta love for his ST play. Sweat graded out as the team's best defender according to PFF and its not really close. And while the article praises both Ben St Juste and Payne. Neither made the list. Commanders' top defensive player grades for 2022 season, per PFF

This list is PFF's highest graded Skins players on both offense n defense and Sweat tops this list as well. It should be noted though the season hadn't ended when this list was made. Commanders’ highest-graded players from PFF include multiple surprises

I saw a post from @Skin'EmAll in this thread saying he thinks Payne will have an even better season this year than last year. I hope he's right. I thought Jonathan Allen had his best overall season last year, but when I think about it from an overall perspective of interior defensive lineman. I'm hard-pressed to think of too many, at least in the last 10, 15 years. That played as good or better after signing their big money deal. I'm not stating beyond doubt that Payne falls off this year, but having a huge year in your contract year and then falling off after the big contract is signed. Seems more the norm than the other way around. Maybe pass rush-wise it all clicked for Payne last year or maybe the Skins coaches cut him loose. In his first 4 years or first 64 games if you will. He came up 14.5 sacks. He had 18 TFL last year. In his first 4 years he had 22 TFL total. 20 of his 55 career QB hits came last year. Here's to hoping SkinEmAll is on point with his prediction.