• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keep it all in perspective

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally we have some common ground. I don't think you dump Bevell and it would really be a lot to add to the plate given Quinn is gone.

I am in favor of saying goodbye to Cable though. Tired of the same failed Oline year after year. Britt might end up being ok, but a lot of his other picks just aren't and probably won't be good. Or at least stable in the case of Okung.

Eh...I dunno. He orchestrates the running game. And our running game is pretty damn good. Boat rocking and all that. I WOULD like to see his input on draft picks neutered. We haven't drafted anyone above average (overall) since he got here. That's terrible, and it's going to get Wilson killed at some point.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we a great running team because of the outstanding blocking, or because Lynch is that special? From what I see, I'd say they have a slightly above average run blocking and well below average pass blocking line when they are all healthy. Lynch gets a lot of contact either at the line, or within a yard or two and often carries guys with him to get his 3-5 yards. That's not blocking that gets that done, that's beast mode.

Cable isn't good. He was a terrible HC and is a below average line coach IMO.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we a great running team because of the outstanding blocking, or because Lynch is that special? From what I see, I'd say they have a slightly above average run blocking and well below average pass blocking line when they are all healthy. Lynch gets a lot of contact either at the line, or within a yard or two and often carries guys with him to get his 3-5 yards. That's not blocking that gets that done, that's beast mode.

Lynch definitely makes the numbers look better, but when Turbin is averaging over four yards per carry, and Michael is averaging almost five, you can't take all the credit away from the line. And given his job title, you have to assume that he draws up the running plays, which have been overwhelmingly good. I think he's more important to the offense than you are giving him credit for, but it wouldn't be a death blow to the team if he left.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Cable's defense - he wasn't a bad HC if you look at the fact he actually got Oakland to .500. He should've won coach of the year for that! :whistle:

I actually feel that the running game is as good as it is because of Wilson, not Lynch. Not only are the Seahawks 5th in the league in QB independent rushing (Dallas, Cincinnati, Houston, Baltimore), but the threat of him running the read option every time they run out of the shot gun has an affect on how tightly the defense can sell out on Lynch. Overall, I think Cable's line has been protected(statistically) by Wilson's feet.