• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keenum

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now this trade could help us because keenum could get released and a team ahead of us has a an

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum was awesome in Minnesota last year, and not that good with Denver.

Superior weapons with Minnesota? Maybe.

But didn't the Skins get burned already by signing a qb - Alex Smith - that had one fantastic season the year before they traded for him, and watched him regress to his mean?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But didn't the Skins get burned already by signing a qb - Alex Smith - that had one fantastic season the year before they traded for him, and watched him regress to his mean?

Let me start by saying that I don't want Keenum or for the Skins to trade for any vet QB. Roll w/ McCoy till you can groom the eventual young QB. Having said that I would have to believe that if they made a move for someone like Keenum it would be for a dirt cheap salary w/ pretty much no guarantees. Otherwise they are risking losing the few remaining fans that still show up at FedEx.

Someone like Keenum would have to be viewed as a placeholder just like McCoy (that is to rational folks - I can't even begin to imagine what goes on in the warped minds of Allen & Snyder).

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum or McCoy? You guys can't see me but I have both of my hands out moving up and down as if weighing the better option and the hand I have Keenum in hovers a bit lower.... meaning he carries the more weight. What you can count on is McCoy by the 4th game into the season breaking something. Hand, foot etc etc... Then where are you? Keenum might give you a better mediocre season.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum or McCoy? You guys can't see me but I have both of my hands out moving up and down as if weighing the better option and the hand I have Keenum in hovers a bit lower.... meaning he carries the more weight. What you can count on is McCoy by the 4th game into the season breaking something. Hand, foot etc etc... Then where are you? Keenum might give you a better mediocre season.

Let's say McCoy does get hurt early on or just stinks up the place. Is that really that bad? Does any fan really have high expectations for this team next season? I am advocating just about any cheap QB for next season to just hold down the spot while a rookie is being groomed or while they wait for a better QB in 2020. Heck - having a really bad record next season may be a blessing in disguise (although admittedly hard to watch).

McCoy is already on the team, knows the system & can be shipped out after the season with no hassle whatsoever. I also think that Keenum - while he won't get a huge deal from anyone - will certainly command more than McCoy & perhaps more than the Skins can afford at this time (if they also hope to address other areas).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy

McCoy's contract. Keenum is certainly going to want more than this.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you only go after keenum at a colt mccoy wage .

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games do you think you can get out of McCoy in a season? I would be alright with Colt as a placeholder but do you think you can get 12 starts out of him? Who are you going to use if McCoy gets hurt?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games do you think you can get out of McCoy in a season? I would be alright with Colt as a placeholder but do you think you can get 12 starts out of him? Who are you going to use if McCoy gets hurt?

Personally I don't care. Realistically the Redskins have to view that position as one that needs to be planned for the future - not next season. I realize that Allen, Gruden & some fans won't view it that way & in the case of say Gruden that is totally justified. However - this idea of planning only for the upcoming season is one of the main reasons why the Redskins are constantly struggling.

I almost expect McCoy to either get hurt or have major issues (e.g. turnovers) if he is named the starter. As long as they draft their long term QB in the next few years I am OK w/ that (admittedly I will bitch about it during the season).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't care. Realistically the Redskins have to view that position as one that needs to be planned for the future - not next season. I realize that Allen, Gruden & some fans won't view it that way & in the case of say Gruden that is totally justified. However - this idea of planning only for the upcoming season is one of the main reasons why the Redskins are constantly struggling.

I almost expect McCoy to either get hurt or have major issues (e.g. turnovers) if he is named the starter. As long as they draft their long term QB in the next few years I am OK w/ that (admittedly I will bitch about it during the season).
if you pick a LOCK , or Murray , or haskins or jones at 15 as well as bring in a vet i think that takes that narrative out of play

the only reason you look at keenum or fitz or TB is for them to be placeholder types

and no matter how many fans want a tank job it isnt going to happen . JG , the coaching staff . DW and other FO staff are not , repeat are not going to hand the next guy or gal their players

i expect them to win and try to win

and once the season starts there will be a parade of fans on this board , and social media bitching about the team that is tanking

i will be coming out with a post focusing on our young players and perhaps you and others will see some good things there

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you pick a LOCK , or Murray , or haskins or jones at 15 as well as bring in a vet i think that takes that narrative out of play

the only reason you look at keenum or fitz or TB is for them to be placeholder types

and no matter how many fans want a tank job it isnt going to happen . JG , the coaching staff . DW and other FO staff are not , repeat are not going to hand the next guy or gal their players

i expect them to win and try to win

and once the season starts there will be a parade of fans on this board , and social media bitching about the team that is tanking

i will be coming out with a post focusing on our young players and perhaps you and others will see some good things there

It is not a tank job - it is called good planning & being realistic. The players are not trying to lose & the organization is not motivating anyone to lose. They are simply shifting their focus to the future & a realistic chance to get to the SB within several years. Any other goal is unacceptable.

They have no realistic shot of getting to the SB next season - so my pt is just don't push all of your chips in to focus primarily on next season. Yes they may win to a degree, but at best that likely means stumbling into the playoffs & being ousted earlier (more likely not even coming close).

Why is this viewed as either getting to the SB or tanking? There are a lot of areas between those two. Also - who said that I don't see any good things with the team? I said that the FO is misguided & there are lots of negatives, but there still are positives - DL, RB, etc. All teams have some positives. I am just talking about the team building in the rt manner & no doubt they have done that very little during Snyder's reign. Just hoping & praying for a shift in direction.

The key is finding a good young QB via the draft - either this offseason or next. Anything else flat out won't work for this team over time & these placeholder QBs in all likelihood won't matter that much. We will see.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not a tank job - it is called good planning & being realistic. The players are not trying to lose & the organization is not motivating anyone to lose. They are simply shifting their focus to the future & a realistic chance to get to the SB within several years. Any other goal is unacceptable.

They have no realistic shot of getting to the SB next season - so my pt is just don't push all of your chips in to focus primarily on next season. Yes they may win to a degree, but at best that likely means stumbling into the playoffs & being ousted earlier (more likely not even coming close).

Why is this viewed as either getting to the SB or tanking? There are a lot of areas between those two. Also - who said that I don't see any good things with the team? I said that the FO is misguided & there are lots of negatives, but there still are positives - DL, RB, etc. All teams have some positives. I am just talking about the team building in the rt manner & no doubt they have done that very little during Snyder's reign. Just hoping & praying for a shift in direction.

The key is finding a good young QB via the draft - either this offseason or next. Anything else flat out won't work for this team over time & these placeholder QBs in all likelihood won't matter that much. We will see.

who said the ultimate goal has to be a superbowl ? how about continuing to build the team to try and be a playoff contender ? we were a bottom feeder , then we moved up to around a 500 ish team . the next step is to make the playoffs , then make it consistently

how does that preclude looking to the future ? why do i have do try and tank games to get to some undetermined future . we should keep trying to put together a competitive team

we might not find the qb at 15 and if that is the case i start putting people in place around a future qb . but that doesnt preclude trying to make the playoffs . we have some young guys who are very promising and could take larger roles

on defense we have a great young d/line , 2 new young ILBS we have a young safety some young cbs . with some good drafting and some player development we could push a top ten defense

we have a good young slot wr on offense a good young RB ready to take over , and a very good o/line when healthy . some good drafting and we are in position

yes we need a qb some wrs and maybe some TES and that is what the team should do , move forward

if we get one of those 4 young qbs we are in decent position to take another step

i want us to be frugal and smart but tanking disguised BS planning for the future isnt what i want to see

if you have a replacement for TW , RK reed , , norman , then fine cut them and move on . if not keep them and still get the big savings next year

if you get a good trade offer for them , then fine , make the move but dont BS me and trade RK and tell me anderson is THE MAN , dont get rid of Reed and tell me SPRINKLE is THE MAN dont get rid of TRENT and tell me GERON is THE MAN dont get rid of norman and tell me STROMAN is THE MAN and that we will be just as good or better

we will be worse and that my friend is tanking especially when we havent drafted anyone taken an OTA or minicamp snap or even TC

i think keenum or colt or fitz or TB get us to 500 with a good off season and maybe a playoff spot and this team needs to take that step and gutting the team is another 3-5 year rebuild

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope I completely disagree Kirk in his 3 years starting here attempted 1,689 passes which averages out to 563 per season and 35.1875 per game. Keenum is essentially the same guy so he gets to throw it around at the same 35.1875 clip.

The author writes about the Vikings defense and that year being an anomaly. He is either comparing our defense to Denver's last year, or, claiming that our defense won't be as good as the Vikings was when Keenum was at the helm there.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope I completely disagree Kirk in his 3 years starting here attempted 1,689 passes which averages out to 563 per season and 35.1875 per game. Keenum is essentially the same guy so he gets to throw it around at the same 35.1875 clip.

The author writes about the Vikings defense and that year being an anomaly. He is either comparing our defense to Denver's last year, or, claiming that our defense won't be as good as the Vikings was when Keenum was at the helm there.

I posted this for you as much as anyone. I knew you were going to stick to your "they are the same guy" You couldn't be more wrong but I know you will never admit it. Cousin's has thrown for 8,000 more yards and twice as many TDs. No way that is the same guy. But then, what the hell AJ McCarron was the same guy too. :noidea:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is a no brainer. Barring the unexpected of course you try to limit the passing game & that applies whether the QB is Keenum or Haskins. With AP, Guice & Thompson the running game is your strength & would likely also be the strength of a healthy O line.

At best you have unproven WRs & of course the health of Reed is always a concern. A good running game also keeps the offense on the field longer & as a result keeps the defense fresh. Of course things could change for any # of reasons, but this current team is not build to put up video game #s on offense (that could change over the years).