• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keenum

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who said the ultimate goal has to be a superbowl ? how about continuing to build the team to try and be a playoff contender ? we were a bottom feeder , then we moved up to around a 500 ish team . the next step is to make the playoffs , then make it consistently

I know that you posted this quite a while ago, but I just saw it. We are basically on the same page here. When I stated that the SB has to be the ultimate goal I was talking long term & not short term. What fan would be happy if a team didn't have that as their long term goal?

I am fine with what you stated about building the team & starting by building a winning culture, making playoffs & then being in this mode year after year. What I always fear for a team like the Redskins is squeaking in the playoffs one season with marginal talent & subsequently sucking for a few years (rinse & repeat).

They have done this numerous times in the Snyder era. It now appears that they are making moves that will position them to build a team in the correct manner - only time will tell.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that you posted this quite a while ago, but I just saw it. We are basically on the same page here. When I stated that the SB has to be the ultimate goal I was talking long term & not short term. What fan would be happy if a team didn't have that as their long term goal?

I am fine with what you stated about building the team & starting by building a winning culture, making playoffs & then being in this mode year after year. What I always fear for a team like the Redskins is squeaking in the playoffs one season with marginal talent & subsequently sucking for a few years (rinse & repeat).

They have done this numerous times in the Snyder era. It now appears that they are making moves that will position them to build a team in the correct manner - only time will tell.

i get your valid concern but you have to start somewhere , so lets make the playoffs , then we can talk about making it again then again and so on

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get your valid concern but you have to start somewhere , so lets make the playoffs , then we can talk about making it again then again and so on

Agree completely. The draft is key & IMO they have been relatively solid in that area for the last 3 years, but you never really know until a few years down the road. Should be fun to watch & certainly we have a lot more hope than we did at the end of last season.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this for you as much as anyone. I knew you were going to stick to your "they are the same guy" You couldn't be more wrong but I know you will never admit it. Cousin's has thrown for 8,000 more yards and twice as many TDs. No way that is the same guy. But then, what the hell AJ McCarron was the same guy too. :noidea:

They are! Put any one of them in the right situation and they will produce, Kirk is the perfect example of this, Case did well in the system that Kirk now finds himself in, and A.J has never found the coach and team that not only was a great fit, but also believed in him. Misfits happen all of the time in sports, you know this!

I know that it's sort of popular to want to believe that Kirk is a special player, well, quite frankly, he isn't and he never has been!! Time has proven that he's not the type that elevates the play of those around him. He's basically a system guy who thus far has been lucky to have gotten into one pretty good situation and it's yet to be determined if he's gotten into another.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are! Put any one of them in the right situation and they will produce, Kirk is the perfect example of this, Case did well in the system that Kirk now finds himself in, and A.J has never found the coach and team that not only was a great fit, but also believed in him. Misfits happen all of the time in sports, you know this!

I know that it's sort of popular to want to believe that Kirk is a special player, well, quite frankly, he isn't and he never has been!! Time has proven that he's not the type that elevates the play of those around him. He's basically a system guy who thus far has been lucky to have gotten into one pretty good situation and it's yet to be determined if he's gotten into another.

First of all, I posted an article about Case Keenum posting one persons opinion. I did not post a thing about Cousin's. I have no clue why you brought him into this discussion.

Second, you have no data to support your theory … for Case Keenum or AJ. You can try to use Keenum's one year in Minnesota where Keenum's numbers were not as good but the record was very good. Of course the person who wrote the article called it "anomaly." Cousin's threw for more yards and more TDs. I'll let you figure out why the Vikings weren't 11-4 under Cousin's.

Lastly you keep saying mentioning that some say he is a great player, a special player etc. I never said he was Brady, Rodgers or Brees. NEVER!!! I remember saying (I think it was Cousin's first year as a starter) I hope we don't have another Trent Green and end up not signing this guy. Trent Green is the all time 56th NFL career passer … Cousin's is 106th and needs about 8,000 yards to pass Green. I'll even suggest he might double his output and move into the top 20 all time. Read slowly here …. I did not say he is one of the top 20 best ever NFL QBs. The modern game has allowed many to rewrite record books.

So now I will go back to my original premise. I posted an article about what one writer thought about how Case Keenum should be used. I posted the article to see what others here thought. So what made you bring Cousin's into the conversation?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I posted an article about Case Keenum posting one persons opinion. I did not post a thing about Cousin's. I have no clue why you brought him into this discussion.

Second, you have no data to support your theory … for Case Keenum or AJ. You can try to use Keenum's one year in Minnesota where Keenum's numbers were not as good but the record was very good. Of course the person who wrote the article called it "anomaly." Cousin's threw for more yards and more TDs. I'll let you figure out why the Vikings weren't 11-4 under Cousin's.

Lastly you keep saying mentioning that some say he is a great player, a special player etc. I never said he was Brady, Rodgers or Brees. NEVER!!! I remember saying (I think it was Cousin's first year as a starter) I hope we don't have another Trent Green and end up not signing this guy. Trent Green is the all time 56th NFL career passer … Cousin's is 106th and needs about 8,000 yards to pass Green. I'll even suggest he might double his output and move into the top 20 all time. Read slowly here …. I did not say he is one of the top 20 best ever NFL QBs. The modern game has allowed many to rewrite record books.

So now I will go back to my original premise. I posted an article about what one writer thought about how Case Keenum should be used. I posted the article to see what others here thought. So what made you bring Cousin's into the conversation?

The article was about tempering Case Keenum's pass attempts and since it's my belief that Case is no different than Kirk (or A.J) then they should have Keenum throw the same number of passes, on average as Kirk did when he was here.

There was nothing against Kirk in my post. It was merely a counter to what the author was proposing and my reasoning why they shouldn't temper Case's attempts any more than they did Kirk. To be clearer, Kirk passing attempts while here were just in reference to what they should do, instead of what the author suggested.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did okay at Minnesota.

He did, not stats wise what Cousins did but a good year with a good D etc. Of course that was the only year which is why the writer called it an anomaly. Personally I am glad he is here. I like him better than Colt and I think Haskins needs a little time.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article was about tempering Case Keenum's pass attempts and since it's my belief that Case is no different than Kirk (or A.J) then they should have Keenum throw the same number of passes, on average as Kirk did when he was here.

There was nothing against Kirk in my post. It was merely a counter to what the author was proposing and my reasoning why they shouldn't temper Case's attempts any more than they did Kirk. To be clearer, Kirk passing attempts while here were just in reference to what they should do, instead of what the author suggested.

Got you. Disagree about Keenum and Cousin's but that is no shock coming from either one of us. :D We'll just have to agree to disagree for now and we can have this conversation again in five years.

Unless the receivers prove to be better, because they have AP, CT and Guice and now with Trent a question mark I run the more and play defense which has been my plan since last season was over. Get a good edge player and play D.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got you. Disagree about Keenum and Cousin's but that is no shock coming from either one of us. :D We'll just have to agree to disagree for now and we can have this conversation again in five years.

Unless the receivers prove to be better, because they have AP, CT and Guice and now with Trent a question mark I run the more and play defense which has been my plan since last season was over. Get a good edge player and play D.

good news is i wont be bashing CDC day in and day out till he comes back , then of course my full 2 years is back on :dhd: