• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keenan Allen

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he still would have been better off not running and let the tape stand.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He plays a lot faster than that though. Just compare him to Alshon Jeffries last year for instance. He's way faster and quicker and will get open in the NFL. I'd still favor Hopkins for his skill set that we're missing. But I'd easily put either of those guys in the running for one of our first two picks if they're there. And I really want to just plug defense, but these two guys would make it tough.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the niners 2nd(61) and 3rd(93) round pick would be enough to get into the early 40's to draft Keenan, maybe throw in a 5th or 6th rounder too. I think he'll be a steal, if he drops into the 40's, similar to how DeSean was. He also has punt return ability, but he might not be able to do much at the pro level.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo's article said his knee was 100%, but his muscles just weren't in shape yet. That probably slowed him down, but even if he's not 100% that's really, really slow. Teo has been criticized this offseason for lack of speed, and he ran the exact same 40 as a MLB.

This could be a stock killer. He might even go in the 3rd or 4th round now.

I'm sure you're the only one that puts sooooo much stock in 40 times/combines/pro days.

Sincerely, Jerry Rice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EF0N9S_ZDg

Time his 40 yard td catch and run

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm sure you're the only one that puts sooooo much stock in 40 times/combines/pro days.

Sincerely, Jerry Rice

Ultimate Keenan Allen Highlights - YouTube

Time his 40 yard td catch and run

Clearly you don't read enough of my posts to know what you're talking about; or else you'd know that I always say that pro' day times are BS.

NFL scouts pour over every single bit of information they can get on a player, especially their workout numbers. They know what the stupid sports media doesn't: the NFL combine is huge. And for every Jerry Rice you show me I can show you a bunch of Michael Clayton, Mike Williams, JJ Stokes, Dwayne Jarrett, Michal Jenkins, Rshaun Woods, Rod Gardner, etc etc etc.

You're in over your head on this subject. If you ignore the combne you don't know what you're doing. The Jerry Rice arguement makes about as much sense as this:

A 4.7 40 doesn't matter 'cause Boldin ran around that time. Also, an ACL tear doesn't matter 'cause Adrian Peterson came back from it so great. And being 5'8 174 is fine because look at Desean Jackson! So you might as well look for a 5'8 174 pound WR who runs a 4.7 & is coming off an ACL tear as long as he beat a bunch of college players on a regular basis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you don't read enough of my posts to know what you're talking about; or else you'd know that I always say that pro' day times are BS.

NFL scouts pour over every single bit of information they can get on a player, especially their workout numbers. They know what the stupid sports media doesn't: the NFL combine is huge. And for every Jerry Rice you show me I can show you a bunch of Michael Clayton, Mike Williams, JJ Stokes, Dwayne Jarrett, Michal Jenkins, Rshaun Woods, Rod Gardner, etc etc etc.

You're in over your head on this subject. If you ignore the combne you don't know what you're doing. The Jerry Rice arguement makes about as much sense as this:

A 4.7 40 doesn't matter 'cause Boldin ran around that time. Also, an ACL tear doesn't matter 'cause Adrian Peterson came back from it so great. And being 5'8 174 is fine because look at Desean Jackson! So you might as well look for a 5'8 174 pound WR who runs a 4.7 & is coming off an ACL tear as long as he beat a bunch of college players on a regular basis.

I'm sure NFL scouts pay much more attention to game film than workout numbers. Are workout numbers part of the mix? Sure. But are they the biggest part? Absolutely not, film is certainly the biggest part. Workout number are simply the tip of the ice berg when it comes to scouting. Can this guy play? Do his talents transfer to the NFL? Do his talents fit with my offense? Those are the biggest questions that are being looked out. What is a 4.3 40 if you can't play?

Of course you can name alot of guys taht failed at the combine and failed int he league, you can also name tons of guys that blew up the combine and failed in the league. It goes both ways. I think the fact that it does go both ways and the fact that all of these players need to be looked at individually shows us how much attention should be paid to film. Because again if guys can't play their 40 time is meaningless. When I was in college we had track guys come out for the team, one of them was a sub 10 second 100 meter runner who ran a 4.16 in the 40 handheld, he played football in high school and had a bit of success there. He was cut within a week because he didn't have consistent enough hands to play receiver.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm sure NFL scouts pay much more attention to game film than workout numbers. Are workout numbers part of the mix? Sure. But are they the biggest part? Absolutely not, film is certainly the biggest part. Can this guy play? Do his talents transfer to the NFL? Do his talents fit with my offense? Those are the biggest questions that are being looked out. What is a 4.3 40 if you can't play?

Precisely. And I was a HUGE fan of Allen'sgame tape (moreso in 2011 than in 2012). And it's always hard to evaluate when there's an injury involved. But 4.71 is a red flag you can't just ignore; and pro' day times are usually faster than combine times anyway.

If I were the Ravens, I'd still strongly consider taking Allen. I'm not sure he'd have as good of a fit in SF though.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely. And I was a HUGE fan of Allen'sgame tape (moreso in 2011 than in 2012). And it's always hard to evaluate when there's an injury involved. But 4.71 is a red flag you can't just ignore; and pro' day times are usually faster than combine times anyway.

If I were the Ravens, I'd still strongly consider taking Allen. I'm not sure he'd have as good of a fit in SF though.

I give him a huge pass on the 4.7 if he truly was injury which I believe he was. No one is going to convince me that this kid plays at 4.7, he is a 4.5 guy on the field.

I do think he is an excellent fit for what we do here in SF, the problem is that we have a guy in Crabtree that is a pretty similar player and IMO would play the same position.

There are a lot of teams that should be interested but I think what we've seen is that the injury is still a concern and it could be a problem going into the offseason.

That being said, I would still look at him in the 2nd. You can never have enough weapons especially big wr's who are dangerous with the ball in their hands like him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
II do think he is an excellent fit for what we do here in SF, the problem is that we have a guy in Crabtree that is a pretty similar player and IMO would play the same position.

That's exactly what I mean. Boldin too to a lesser extent.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The more I think it over, the more tend to agree that a DE or even one of the 3 down NT's would probably be a better fit than Allen with those first two picks based on the redundant style. He might end up being a value trap pick for us. We could do a lot worse, but we'd still be missing a guy who can blow the top off. Jenkins... calling Mr. AJ Jenkins. Mr. Jenkins? Damn I hope that guy can pan out this year.

I personally don't really care about that 40 time. Maybe he was trying to slip down the board to play on a good team or something. Baffling why he ran, but he probably wanted to show teams his toughness and willingness to compete while he's hurt more than anything.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off, you're that I don't read a bunch of things that you write. The thing is that it seems that when I do read something it seems like you're going head over heels at a 40 time, workout numbers and everything else.

I made a comment to you about what I highlighted, the part where you said that the guy that had been the top wr through the whole season would drop to a 4th rounder based on his 40 time.

That is the only thing that you need to be explaining, this long, WEAK rant you went on is useless. Nobody needs you to try to explain the reason combines and pro days are helpful, you really have no info for me.

Again, the only part that I commented about was you saying that Keenan Allen would drop to a 3rd/4th round pick based on his 40 time. Awful analysis on your part!

:lame:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo's article said his knee was 100%, but his muscles just weren't in shape yet. That probably slowed him down, but even if he's not 100% that's really, really slow. Teo has been criticized this offseason for lack of speed, and he ran the exact same 40 as a MLB.

This could be a stock killer. He might even go in the 3rd or 4th round now.

Just awful!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wooooooow.

@AdamSchefter: Keenan Allen, the No. 1-rated WR on some boards, was red-flagged for a drug test at scouting combine in Indy and retested this month.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‏@AdamSchefter 8m

Keenan Allen's agent, JT Johnson, denied his client failed any drug test. Results of recent test unknown. Some had Allen as draft's No. 1 WR

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter 2m

JT Johnson said Keenan Allen was retested this month for previous ankle and knee injuries and it had nothing to do with any drug test.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Keenan Allen - WR - Golden Bears

Cal WR Keenan Allen was red-flagged for a drug test at the NFL Combine, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Allen was retested this month. Schefter adds that the Cal product is the top receiver on some boards and his agent denies a failed drug test and the results from the recent test are unknown. This news, along with a slowed healing process from a PCL injury, certainly will not Allen's evaluation as the draft draws closer. It is not unreasonable to think he will last all the way until the late second-round.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Apr 16 - 11:04 AM

And with the sixty-first pick of the 2013 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select...:clap:

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with the sixty-first pick of the 2013 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select...:clap:

I would have a Har-boner if the niners walked away with Cyprien, Carradine and Allen with their first 3 picks. That'd be amazing if Eric Reid lasted til their first 3rd round pick too. I can't wait til next week!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would have a Har-boner if the niners walked away with Cyprien, Carradine and Allen with their first 3 picks. That'd be amazing if Eric Reid lasted til their first 3rd round pick too. I can't wait til next week!

if the first three went that way, i'd HOPE for NT next.

but based on what i've been reading, yeah Reid could very wll be our BPA in the 3rd?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wilnerhotline: NFL scout on Cal's Keenan Allen: “There were already character concerns. His stock will drop significantly.”

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if the first three went that way, i'd HOPE for NT next.

but based on what i've been reading, yeah Reid could very wll be our BPA in the 3rd?

I'd be surprised if he weren't the BPA if he's there in the 3rd, frankly. Though I doubt he will be.