• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keenan Allen

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured this could use a thread of its own. This kid just did probably one of the stupidest things I could think of during the pre-draft process. He just had his own pro-day running when he estimates he is at 85% health. Why even run? Mayock clocked him in the 4.7s! Idiotic move Keenan.

Allen:
Allen finally gets a chance to show his speed - Wire NFL - The Sacramento Bee

Mayock:
NFL Draft Headlines | Mayock times Allen's forties at 4.71, 4.75 - Rotoworld.com

So he probably will drop to the 2nd now? And yea that is a bad move I assume he ran it faster in practice?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How fast does he play on the field??

I haven't hardly seen anything of him. Most of what I know of him is what I've read in articles or saw highlights of.

santiagodjs

Yahoo! Refugee / Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't hardly seen anything of him. Most of what I know of him is what I've read in articles or saw highlights of.

He looks fast enough on tape. I do agree, that was pretty dumb running when he knows he's only at 85% health.

But one piece of recent history stood out as soon as I saw Allen's time. We just accquired a tall 6'1" veteran WR with a Super Bowl ring on his resume who ran a 4.71 at his combine 10 years ago... Perhaps Allen's 40 time will not hurt him too badly.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Keenan Allen - WR - Golden Bears

NFL.com's Mike Mayock says he was told by scouts that Cal WR Keenan Allen is a 4.55 player on tape.

Allen ran a 4.71 and 4.75 40-yard dashes at his pro day, per Mayock, and the comments from the scouts comes as no surprise. Allen is a big, physical wide receiver that is a better athlete than he times and is very versatile. He can line up all over the formation and create matchup problems for defenses in ways similar to Miles Austin. Mayock said Allen could go anywhere from pick 25 to 45.
Source: NFL.com

Apr 9 - 2:00 PM

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though WR isn't the most pressing need, I'd take him with either of the 1st 2 picks if he's still around then. Too good of a value to pass up!

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From what I've seen from him on the field I think he runs at about the 4.55-4.6 range. He's not blazing by any means, but he's very shifty, he's quick, and will not have trouble getting open at the next level. Will he provide that Torrey Smith-like deep threat? No. But he is crafty enough with his routes to get open deep and provide that threat. He reminds me of Reggie Wayne a little bit, although Wayne is a bit faster.

It's very weird that he decided to run. It's going to make it very difficult for a less tenured GM to draft him in the first...if he doesn't pan out you will be known as the guy who drafted a 4.7s-40 WR in the First. This is exactly the sort of guy that GMs with job security like Ozzie Newsome snag and then look like geniuses later on.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though WR isn't the most pressing need, I'd take him with either of the 1st 2 picks if he's still around then. Too good of a value to pass up!

Totally Agree.

Boldin is pretty much a rental at 33 years old and in the last year of his deal.

No one knows if Jenkins will ever pan out, plus the pick was panned by everyone with access to a mic.

Crabtree will most likely be too expensive to resign because of his ego. (Hopefully Crabby's matured more than I give him credit for.)

Manningham has knee problems for days, and he isn't a long term solution. I don't expect Mario on the team after this year.

Kyle Williams
is... well... Kyle Williams; his ceiling is a 3rd receiver at best.

I would absolutely love to have Allen as a Niner, but I would understand if SF went with a Safety or 3-4 end that drops into their laps on draft day.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Keenan Allen - WR - Golden Bears

NFL.com's Mike Mayock says he was told by scouts that Cal WR Keenan Allen is a 4.55 player on tape.

Allen ran a 4.71 and 4.75 40-yard dashes at his pro day, per Mayock, and the comments from the scouts comes as no surprise. Allen is a big, physical wide receiver that is a better athlete than he times and is very versatile. He can line up all over the formation and create matchup problems for defenses in ways similar to Miles Austin. Mayock said Allen could go anywhere from pick 25 to 45.
Source: NFL.com

Apr 9 - 2:00 PM

Yikes! I knew the guy wasn't a burner, but that's really slow. Especially for a pro' day time.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen did run slow, but he was hurt.

Something sort of funny that I saw earlier today while watching a 30 for 30 doc on the Raiders is that Howie Long ran a 4.8 40 yard dash while weighing 270 lbs. Granted they probably did hand timed 40s back then.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Allen did run slow, but he was hurt.

Bingo's article said his knee was 100%, but his muscles just weren't in shape yet. That probably slowed him down, but even if he's not 100% that's really, really slow. Teo has been criticized this offseason for lack of speed, and he ran the exact same 40 as a MLB.

This could be a stock killer. He might even go in the 3rd or 4th round now.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Another way to put it is I wouldn't be comfortable ASSUMIG Allen will become faster over the next couple of months.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why he shouldn't have run.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That destroys a stock that was already hurting to begin with. I would certainly be cool with taking a look at him in the 2nd round, lets hope the other teams are scared off by this time.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys have a lot to learn about sprinting, the leg muscles matter just as much if not more than anything in a sprint. If his muscles are only 75% healthy then you are going to have a bad time.

On his best day Allen is probably a 4.5 guy, not a burner but adequate.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wouldn't be surprised now if Quinton Patton was drafted over him now

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would really like to see one of our wr projects turn out! We have drafted qbs to play wr, we have drafted wr to play TE Walker. We have had several picks play for a couple of years and go! Most of our wr draft picks haven-t worked. We brought Moss in for a presence and a long threat, it worked but not liked we had hoped! Go 49ers!!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Some of you guys have a lot to learn about sprinting, the leg muscles matter just as much if not more than anything in a sprint. If his muscles are only 75% healthy then you are going to have a bad time.

On his best day Allen is probably a 4.5 guy, not a burner but adequate.

But the 75% figure is completely arbitrary. If you're assuming a guy is going to be 2/10 faster after getting his legs in shape, I think that's a pretty big risk.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the 75% figure is completely arbitrary. If you're assuming a guy is going to be 2/10 faster after getting his legs in shape, I think that's a pretty big risk.

Any draft pick is a big risk, especially if they are coming off of injury.

The guy is certainly going to be .2 faster when fully healthy. If you only have 75% of your leg strength and 75% of your explosion then you just shouldn't sprint. I have no idea why he would run a 40 if he wasn't healthy enough to do so, it makes no sense to me.

All my years running track, I would never expect to put up a PR or come anywhere close if I was only at 75%.

It is just senseless to me that he even ran.......

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm just considering the possibility that he actually is 100% now and this is as fast as he can run, but he's using the muscle issue to make it seem like he's faster without having to prove it.