• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kearse had the most targets again yesterday...

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I can't remember him doing a single thing. Meanwhile I remember Graham doing something good, Baldwin was a beast, I remember Lockett contributing as well. He'll even Russell Wilson himself had a TD catch.

Kearse I love the big plays you've made as a Hawk and you will forever be a youtube star, but you've gotta go. The dude just isn't a good WR and it's not even a debate anymore.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been saying this for a while now, he just isnt good. when he gets targets, bad things happen.

if we didnt have needs on the OL and probably DL in this coming draft we could spend a top pick on a WR worth a shit. but i doubt that happens.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets a lot of targets because defenses focus on Graham and Baldwin.

It would be great if we had studs at every position but that isn't going to happen.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a 3rd down and goal to go in the red zone where there were 4 receivers (not sure if it was 3WRs plus Jimmy or 2WRs, Jimmy, and a TE) on one sign and Kearse all alone on the other. The ball went to Kearse and (brace yourselves), it didn't work. There are two views of this play

The optimistic view: We were up 23-7 at the time so maybe they put Kearse out there to throw him a bone and not put tape out there of a better option running the route.

The pessimistic view: Why the **** was Kearse the isolated man when we have at least 3 (and I'd argue 4) better options to place in that position?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have also been saying this for awhile being that we are over half way through the season and kearse has done nothing all season I dont even think he has a TD catch. I dont see the need to cut him because its not like Paul Rich is super deserving of more catches. Lockett seems to be a big playmaker type not really a consistent threat. I think the bigger concern is what is going to happen at the RB position. Our backs are getting hurt left and right I herd prosise will be gone for 8 weeks so now we have to rely on Rawls a guy that has spent more time on the IR than on the field

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I can't remember him doing a single thing. Meanwhile I remember Graham doing something good, Baldwin was a beast, I remember Lockett contributing as well. He'll even Russell Wilson himself had a TD catch.

Kearse I love the big plays you've made as a Hawk and you will forever be a youtube star, but you've gotta go. The dude just isn't a good WR and it's not even a debate anymore.

He had two catches for 29 yards which I'll take any day of the week. As already posted, maybe he's getting more looks because Baldwin & Graham are getting covered? Was Kearse the first receiver (for the playcall) in Wilson's progression or was he the third? What I want to know is what happened on the four passes he didn't catch. Were the balls in his hands and they slipped through? Was it because Wilson was pressured and he had to throw it out of reach. Wish I had the game film to answer that.

Anyhow, John & Pete have no problem kicking someone to the curb if they are not playing up to expectation. That alone tells me that if Kearse is on the team, he's doing something right.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have also been saying this for awhile being that we are over half way through the season and kearse has done nothing all season I dont even think he has a TD catch. I dont see the need to cut him because its not like Paul Rich is super deserving of more catches. Lockett seems to be a big playmaker type not really a consistent threat. I think the bigger concern is what is going to happen at the RB position. Our backs are getting hurt left and right I herd prosise will be gone for 8 weeks so now we have to rely on Rawls a guy that has spent more time on the IR than on the field

He has no touchdowns this year but is our #3 receiver in terms of number of targets, catches, and receiving yards. I don't understand the "Nothing" term.

Seattle Seahawks 2016 Statistics - Team and Player Stats - ESPN

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no touchdowns this year but is our #3 receiver in terms of number of targets, catches, and receiving yards. I don't understand the "Nothing" term.

Seattle Seahawks 2016 Statistics - Team and Player Stats - ESPN

first would be not scoring TDs but so far this season from the top of my head I have not seen any big or key plays from him, he hasnt had any big games the best game he has had was opening day 5 catches for 57 yards. The longest catch of the season for him was 24 yards. Lockett and Baldwin has had some HUGE plays and key plays. I know Kearse is 3rd in our depth chart but he is expected to contribute more than what he has on this team

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be great if we had studs at every position but that isn't going to happen.

Bingo. Both Graham and Baldwin have earned 'extra attention " leaving Kearse with one on one. The Seahawks are going to the player with the one on one. I'm hoping Lockett gets back to where he was last year, obviously the injury earlier in the year takes time to come back from.
In the mean time the offense seems to be moving just fine the last couple of games against good opponents. So why all the hand wringing?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Actually though it's just a few that keep looking at the glass and complaining that it's only half full.

Heh. Although, even though I sound facetious as fuck, I sorta' count myself in the 'oh noes, what can go wrong now?' crowd. I just tend to keep the negativity hidden and not type it out.

<embarrassed face>

I do manage to not want to fire our coaches every week though. :)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Although, even though I sound facetious as fuck, I sorta' count myself in the 'oh noes, what can go wrong now?' crowd. I just tend to keep the negativity hidden and not type it out.

<embarrassed face>

I do manage to not want to fire our coaches every week though. :)

Sure, we all see things that we think could/ should improve on. Doesn't it seem like some here must think the Seahawks organization checks on this board and if they just keep complaining often enough the Seahawks will take note and change things for them. :rolleyes2:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, we all see things that we think could/ should improve on. Doesn't it seem like some here must think the Seahawks organization checks on this board and if they just keep complaining often enough the Seahawks will take note and change things for them. :rolleyes2:

I think some of our fans just go out of their way to find negative stuff to concentrate on. I worry more about external factors (injuries etc) than this management group's ability to run the franchise.

Listening to B + S podcast today, they were glowingly talking about how well the O-line played Sunday. Which is true. 1 official sack given up, for zero yards. HUGE yards per play, our best rushing output. Given where they've come from week one, they played OUTSTANDING!

<pin drop>

That's how much love they've gotten in here (unless I missed it).

Not to mention, that we'd have to give Cable some credit. :)

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't necessarily agree with this... You want to target your studs because there is a reason they're, "Studs"...

Yesterday at the GL, the play was designed for Kearse on that quick slant that was incomplete... Kearse again, ran a lousy route... Team obviously likes to mix it up and RW obviously likes Kearse...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of our fans just go out of their way to find negative stuff to concentrate on. I worry more about external factors (injuries etc) than this management group's ability to run the franchise.

Listening to B + S podcast today, they were glowingly talking about how well the O-line played Sunday. Which is true. 1 official sack given up, for zero yards. HUGE yards per play, our best rushing output. Given where they've come from week one, they played OUTSTANDING!

<pin drop>

He deserves major props... Look how much Fant has improved in such a short time... Look at the progress of Britt... He's not being talked about as one of the better centers in the NFL...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

<pin drop>

I got tired of talking about the line and people acting like I was being a homer because I thought they have played well. Hell, when I advocated for Fant to start LT when Sowell went down - people acted like I was saying he was the next Walter Jones because I wasn't saying he was gonna be another POS out there. It's gotten to the point that the board is not much fun - it's like we're talking about the 2009 Seattle Seahawks sometimes.