• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KC best team in the NFL

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you said they lost to the two good teams they played? But they played three good teams and beat one. I know you were there for the Packer game, you got kicked out of the game day thread.

Stop being such a Silly Billy

I did. What does that have to do with Green Bay, a team with one of the worst defenses in the league? Again I ask, what is your point?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. What does that have to do with Green Bay, a team with one of the worst defenses in the league? Again I ask, what is your point?

Point 1-They played three good teams and beat one

Point 2-You are the silliest of Billy's

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point 1-They played three good teams and beat one

Point 2-You are the silliest of Billy's

Point 1 I already showed was false. A horrendous defense and an O line manned by two rookies and a back up Center. Point 2 has no bearing on the discussion.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point 1 I already showed was false. A horrendous defense and an O line manned by two rookies and a back up Center. Point 2 has no bearing on the discussion.

Green Bay has the 15th ranked defense in terms of yards per game and the 12th in terms of points per game allowed. Indy is 17th (worse than Green Bay in case you're having problems keeping up) and 6th respectively. Green Bay is decidedly average on defense. And actually better than Indy in one key category.

So how is their defense "horrendous?"

Also, Seattle has a shitty offensive line too. Seattle and Indy are good. So is Green Bay.

Be honest Nolan. Pretend no one else is reading. Do you actually believe the shit that you type?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it really hard to say which team is the best when it's all about match ups? Maybe KC would be ok against another good conservative grind it out team, but less able to be in a shootout with a lesser team?

Kansas City is loaded at DB and pass rush. They can match up well against grind it out teams as well as high powered offenses.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes I am basing this off record. I have mention that a couple of times. Right now if season ended today they would be a #1 seed. That means the best team. Do I think they are the best team no. That is why there are a lot of different opinions. The fact is they are #1 right now.

No it doesn't.

And as I said earlier, basing things strictly off record means Fresno State is better than A&M, Clemson etc.

And you even say in the above they aren't the best team. You say their the best team, then say they're not in the next sentence.

#1 seed does not = best team.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But for everybody in here saying KC has had a weak schedule or haven't been tested, You can only win the games they put on your schedule and this is the NFL. They play Denver twice so that will give us a better scale of how they can compete with an explosive offense. They did hold Dallas to 16 points, whereas Denver gave up 48 points to Dallas. As much as many Niner fans don't want to admit, that KC team is a mirror image of our 49er team from 2011-2012 that lost to NYG in the NFCCG. and this is from a lifelong 49er fan.

That's true, but does that mean we should pretend that all competition is equal? Are we suppose to ignore that they haven't played anyone simply because they didn't make their schedule?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't.

And as I said earlier, basing things strictly off record means Fresno State is better than A&M, Clemson etc.

And you even say in the above they aren't the best team. You say their the best team, then say they're not in the next sentence.

#1 seed does not = best team.

I disagree, College and pro football is different. I don't compare the both when it comes to records. Im saying stat wise they are the best team but in my opinion I don't think they are better then some teams but feel they are a good team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also don't make it sound like they haven't played anyone. they beat Houston, @ Tenn, @ philly, and Dallas. They aren't cupcake games. Like someone said you can only beat the teams in front of you. Respect 7-0. Look at the colts they beat some good teams but lost to SD and Miami. They couldn't beat any team in front of them. Its hard to be 7-0 in the NFL that is why we only have 1 left.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, College and pro football is different. I don't compare the both when it comes to records. Im saying stat wise they are the best team but in my opinion I don't think they are better then some teams but feel they are a good team.

College Football rankings are always a joke. I laugh at the end of the year when the polls think a team like Notre Dame is #2 in the country to Alabama's #1. They hardly ever really take into account the strength schedule and strength of conference. It mostly comes down to who has the better record unless you're from a crap conference. Watch Ohio St will rank high in the polls and possibly play for the National Title despite the Big 10 conference being a joke right now for competition. A 1 loss team from the Pac-12 or the SEC would be more deserving, but you know undefeated and played nobody means more.

The NFL is a bit more balanced considering it's only 32 teams. You have the typical top few teams that should crush everyone they play, and then of course you have the bottom feeders that should lose every game. You then have about 20 teams that are good enough to win against the best, but inconsistent enough to lose to the worst. It really more depends on home field and what week you play teams in the NFL.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay has the 15th ranked defense in terms of yards per game and the 12th in terms of points per game allowed. Indy is 17th (worse than Green Bay in case you're having problems keeping up) and 6th respectively. Green Bay is decidedly average on defense. And actually better than Indy in one key category.

So how is their defense "horrendous?"

Also, Seattle has a shitty offensive line too. Seattle and Indy are good. So is Green Bay.

Be honest Nolan. Pretend no one else is reading. Do you actually believe the shit that you type?

I'll send you a DVR of the 49er game and you can see for yourself. They've improved their stats somewhat since then through a weak group of opponents but, make no mistake, when the Niners played them they were horrendous.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll send you a DVR of the 49er game and you can see for yourself. They've improved their stats somewhat since then through a weak group of opponents but, make no mistake, when the Niners played them they were horrendous.

How were they horrendous? Was it because they let the 49ers run all over them?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How were they horrendous? Was it because they let the 49ers run all over them?

No. They played a zone. Any coach who plays a zone defense against our wide receivers and our limited QB should be fired. If you man up on our wide receivers like Indy and Seattle did you win easily. Compare kaepernick's stats in that game to any other game they've played.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that. Being thin at receiver is a real bitch and it costs us to not be one of the top 5 teams in the NFL.

Honestly with our receiving core the way it is, I'm not sure we would beat the Chiefs if we played a game this weekend.

The only teams who should be in front of us are the Seahawks, Colts, Broncos, Saints. Still top 5.

Both good teams they played, they lost to I'll reserve judgement until they play another good team. Let's see what they do then. The Niners have potential but they have a lot more weaknesses this year than the previous two years under Harbaugh.

They do have more weakness, but no team looks unbeatable. Everyone loves the Broncos/Seahawks/Saints but they all have weakness. The Broncos defense is not that good. The Seahawks lost to the same team we did, and struggled against a team we just handled easily. And the Saints aren't the same team on grass, and at home they aren't blowing people out. They have been struggling to beat teams.

You can look at the Colts who have arguably the best resume so far, and they lost to the Dolphins and Chargers. Pretty up and down.

The Chiefs... they are playing great D and are on a roll, but I would expect a win if we played.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're the #1 team in the NFL based on record. 7-0 is still better than the other 31 teams in the league and you have to respect that. However, the Colts, Broncos, Saints, Seahawks, Niners and Packers (in no particular order) are still better than them imo.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only teams who should be in front of us are the Seahawks, Colts, Broncos, Saints. Still top 5.

They do have more weakness, but no team looks unbeatable. Everyone loves the Broncos/Seahawks/Saints but they all have weakness. The Broncos defense is not that good. The Seahawks lost to the same team we did, and struggled against a team we just handled easily. And the Saints aren't the same team on grass, and at home they aren't blowing people out. They have been struggling to beat teams.

You can look at the Colts who have arguably the best resume so far, and they lost to the Dolphins and Chargers. Pretty up and down.

The Chiefs... they are playing great D and are on a roll, but I would expect a win if we played.

I agree. There is not a team that the 49ers couldn't beat on a given day except maybe Seattle at their place but that is more mental than physical. I would not be comfortable seeing them play Denver or New Orleans but I think they could handle the Chiefs. I just don't think they are at the top level week in and week out because of the injuries and the regression of Colin Kaepernick.

BURN49ers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, but does that mean we should pretend that all competition is equal? Are we suppose to ignore that they haven't played anyone simply because they didn't make their schedule?

You can take strength of schedule into effect. They will play Denver twice and that will give us a better assessment of how they can hang with the most explosive passing offenses in the league. This is the NFL. Any team can win on any given Sunday. Remember when a horrible KC team beat an undefeated Green Bay team 2 years ago. It isn't like the Chiefs are playing the Jaguars every Sunday. You can discredit what KC has done this year all you want because that is your opinion, but for them to turn around that franchise from 2-14 to start 7-0 shows you how much better they are. And i would say competition in the NFL is closer to being equal league wide than MLB or the NBA.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College Football rankings are always a joke. I laugh at the end of the year when the polls think a team like Notre Dame is #2 in the country to Alabama's #1. They hardly ever really take into account the strength schedule and strength of conference. It mostly comes down to who has the better record unless you're from a crap conference. Watch Ohio St will rank high in the polls and possibly play for the National Title despite the Big 10 conference being a joke right now for competition. A 1 loss team from the Pac-12 or the SEC would be more deserving, but you know undefeated and played nobody means more.

The NFL is a bit more balanced considering it's only 32 teams. You have the typical top few teams that should crush everyone they play, and then of course you have the bottom feeders that should lose every game. You then have about 20 teams that are good enough to win against the best, but inconsistent enough to lose to the worst. It really more depends on home field and what week you play teams in the NFL.

teo's fake girlfriend ruined notre dame's shot at beating alabama

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the similarities to the 2011 49ers are pretty funny. Nobody wants to believe they are for real because they have Alex Smith at QB instead of Brady, Manning, Brees, or Rodgers. Their success is overshadowed by a seeming unstoppable offense. Even though everyone agrees that defense wins championships, for some reason in the regular season everyone says big QB play wins every game... shrug... whatever.

I bet the Chiefs win at least one playoff game. They kinda get screwed that the seemingly unstoppable offensive team is in their own division, at least for the 2011 49ers the Packers didn't stop them from winning the West. So, who knows how well they'll do away from Arrowhead in the playoffs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some of the similarities to the 2011 49ers are pretty funny. Nobody wants to believe they are for real because they have Alex Smith at QB instead of Brady, Manning, Brees, or Rodgers. Their success is overshadowed by a seeming unstoppable offense. Even though everyone agrees that defense wins championships, for some reason in the regular season everyone says big QB play wins every game... shrug... whatever.

I bet the Chiefs win at least one playoff game. They kinda get screwed that the seemingly unstoppable offensive team is in their own division, at least for the 2011 49ers the Packers didn't stop them from winning the West. So, who knows how well they'll do away from Arrowhead in the playoffs.

agree, the first things fans think about is the QB (and that's ok), so KC doesn't quite get the respect a 7-0 team normally does. not that they're totally 'written off', just not taken as seriously. if you just change out Alex Smith and its a big difference in perception.

for example, say RGIII (or someone not even on the same level as the elite guys) was their QB? or Kaep (who isn't lighting it up) as their QB and the perception changes a LOT.