• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KC best team in the NFL

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You realize CBS has 2 guys who do power rankings on their site? Prisco who you linked and Kirwin who has the Colts #1. Another site has the Seahawks at #1. All it proves is your point about people having different opinions on who the best team is. Even Prisco says it's the Chiefs by default because of the record and questions how good they really are.

NFL Power Rankings: Colts are No. 1, but may not be here long - CBSSports.com

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those power rankings at CBS are hysterical. Seahawks above the SAints, Colts, and Broncos? :laugh3:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW who would of thought that KC would be the best team in the NFL right now. Alex Smith doing a great leading this team. He just wins football games. They have a nice young Defense, have a Running game and a QB that knows how to run an offense.

KC is 1 win away from giving SF another 2nd rd pick.

I am shocked that KC is the last team standing at 7-0. Imagine a KC vs SF superbowl.

Is KC the best team in Football? its peoples opinion but the facts say they are right now.

No.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Those power rankings at CBS are hysterical. Seahawks above the SAints, Colts, and Broncos? :laugh3:

Yes, ranking a team with 1 loss over other teams with 1 loss and another team with 2 losses is hysterical. I can't stop laughing right now. :rolleyes2:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22-27 is still bad.

I guess my question is would KC be the best team in the league if they allowed 2 more points this week? Had they lost to Houston, would you still call them the best team in the league? What if NO beat NE?

It seems like you're basing this 100% off the records around the league.

I didn't say that that they were the best. I just said that if someone cites their opponents records the fact that they beat them makes it worse. I wasn't going based upon records, I was saying that if you were going by records, they affected it. It would essentially be using their success against these teams against them.

The Broncos beat teams who have a combined record of 18-30. Or 17-24 if you remove the Broncos games. 15-27 is KC's respective opponents record. If Denver had lost all the games, that 18-30 turns into 24-24, better than KC's 22-27, just saying what I said in the first paragraph. Denver > KC in many respects and have played great, but no one is saying it was great against 18-30 competition.

BURN49ers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes overall KC is a good team and right now they are playing like they are the best team. Do I think they are the best team talent wise no but that is why they play the game.

I would love to see a SF vs KC Superbowl. That would be crazy.

My dad and I have had a lot of debate about Kaep taking over. I wanted Kaepernick to takeover as early as the Minnesota Vikings game last year when Smith looked awful. My dad stated "If Harbaugh thought Kaepernick was better for the job he would be starting." He later regretted making that statement when Colin took the starting job against the Saints. He thought Harbaugh made the wrong decision. It is only speculation what would have happened last year if Alex returned as the starter. They could have lost in the first round, or won it all. KC vs SF in the Superbowl this year is the only way to tell if it was the right decision IMO. It would also be a really good story line for ratings. :lol: But for everybody in here saying KC has had a weak schedule or haven't been tested, You can only win the games they put on your schedule and this is the NFL. They play Denver twice so that will give us a better scale of how they can compete with an explosive offense. They did hold Dallas to 16 points, whereas Denver gave up 48 points to Dallas. As much as many Niner fans don't want to admit, that KC team is a mirror image of our 49er team from 2011-2012 that lost to NYG in the NFCCG. and this is from a lifelong 49er fan.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is too hard to actually rank them in exact order. Seattle isn't as scary on the road. Indy lost to a couple teams who aren't very good but beat the 3 best teams in the league at the time of their games. The Niners are up and down and injured. Denver has a shit defense. In no particular order I go like this:

Top Teams
SF, Seattle, Denver, Indy, New Orleans

Next Level
Cincy, Green Bay, New England

After those teams I would put KC.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is too hard to actually rank them in exact order. Seattle isn't as scary on the road. Indy lost to a couple teams who aren't very good but beat the 3 best teams in the league at the time of their games. The Niners are up and down and injured. Denver has a shit defense. In no particular order I go like this:

Top Teams
SF, Seattle, Denver, Indy, New Orleans

Next Level
Cincy, Green Bay, New England

After those teams I would put KC.

I'm not sure about including the 49ers in there. We are seriously thin due to injuries on the D front seven and at wide receiver. Lets win a game against a good team first and then assess where the Niners are.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, ranking a team with 1 loss over other teams with 1 loss and another team with 2 losses is hysterical. I can't stop laughing right now. :rolleyes2:

His anti-Seahawk rhetoric has gotten so annoying I had to block him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My dad and I have had a lot of debate about Kaep taking over. I wanted Kaepernick to takeover as early as the Minnesota Vikings game last year when Smith looked awful. My dad stated "If Harbaugh thought Kaepernick was better for the job he would be starting." He later regretted making that statement when Colin took the starting job against the Saints. He thought Harbaugh made the wrong decision. It is only speculation what would have happened last year if Alex returned as the starter. They could have lost in the first round, or won it all. KC vs SF in the Superbowl this year is the only way to tell if it was the right decision IMO. It would also be a really good story line for ratings. :lol: But for everybody in here saying KC has had a weak schedule or haven't been tested, You can only win the games they put on your schedule and this is the NFL. They play Denver twice so that will give us a better scale of how they can compete with an explosive offense. They did hold Dallas to 16 points, whereas Denver gave up 48 points to Dallas. As much as many Niner fans don't want to admit, that KC team is a mirror image of our 49er team from 2011-2012 that lost to NYG in the NFCCG. and this is from a lifelong 49er fan.

agree.

some fans don't give KC enough credit because they think offense first. since KC has Alex Smith and hence, not an explosive offense, they get downgraded. but you don't get to 7-0 without being a GOOD team. no matter the first 7 opponents, you can't reach 7-0 without being GOOD.

tend to agree with them being like the recent 49ers?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love it because it'd be a guaranteed win! We'd probably set the Super Bowl record for Sacks with Alex back there

At this point, their defense would eat our offense for lunch and our defense would eat their offense for lunch. It would in no way be a guaranteed win for either team. Very low scoring game.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about including the 49ers in there. We are seriously thin due to injuries on the D front seven and at wide receiver. Lets win a game against a good team first and then assess where the Niners are.

The Niners thin like this are still better than all but a few teams in the league.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners thin like this are still better than all but a few teams in the league.

I wouldn't say that. Being thin at receiver is a real bitch and it costs us to not be one of the top 5 teams in the NFL.

Honestly with our receiving core the way it is, I'm not sure we would beat the Chiefs if we played a game this weekend.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that. Being thin at receiver is a real bitch and it costs us to not be one of the top 5 teams in the NFL.

Honestly with our receiving core the way it is, I'm not sure we would beat the Chiefs if we played a game this weekend.

I think this is fair. For some reason we match up really well against one dimensional, great passing teams (the vast majority of elite teams in today's NFL) but we struggle against teams that are more built like us such as the Ravens and the Seahawks.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both good teams they played, they lost to I'll reserve judgement until they play another good team. Let's see what they do then. The Niners have potential but they have a lot more weaknesses this year than the previous two years under Harbaugh.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both good teams they played, they lost to I'll reserve judgement until they play another good team. Let's see what they do then. The Niners have potential but they have a lot more weaknesses this year than the previous two years under Harbaugh.

I thought the 49ers beat the Packers in week one?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it really hard to say which team is the best when it's all about match ups? Maybe KC would be ok against another good conservative grind it out team, but less able to be in a shootout with a lesser team?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought correctly. What is your point?

I thought you said they lost to the two good teams they played? But they played three good teams and beat one. I know you were there for the Packer game, you got kicked out of the game day thread.

Stop being such a Silly Billy